McD is not making best use of Shannys first class talent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aznightmare View Post
    Doesn't matter what you argue. Denver fans will absolutely believe that this year's offense is so much better than Shanahan and Cutlers
    No, many will argue that the TEAM is better. Shanahan lived (and subsequently died) on the effectiveness of Cutler's arm. Right now Lovie Smith and the Bears are finding out how precarious that can be.

McDaniels as a brand new Head Coach in the NFL has had a difficult scenerio to overcome in his first year, and he's doing far better then most of us hoped and many of us expected.

What would be nice is if people would stop writing the season off before it's even finished!:salute!:
    Last edited by Mile High Jedi; 12-21-2009, 02:21 AM.

Comment

• Hadez said it best in the first response.

I really am baffled as to how we can be the very beast teams in the league and lose to the worst, however.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alastor View Post
        Hadez said it best in the first response.

I really am baffled as to how we can be the very beast teams in the league and lose to the worst, however.
        Look whos awake...............
        sigpic

Comment

• D+ for preseason,,, came in and dismantled one of the best offenses in football... imagine how mighty we would have been if we had Cutler who can thread short passes and hit the long bombs and can scramble...

Draft B-,,, He took the best that was out there at the time - but trading for people like Quinn and Smith not the best move...

Season C+,,, We have done better then most people thought we would,,, But Mcdanials inability to change the offense on the fly to win games is starting to show through...

Since the season isn't over I can't make a final grade... But I feel at this point he deserves a B because he is new and may not have the right personal to make his Offense play up to the level he is used to.
          sigpic

Comment

• If Josh McDaniels wants to be stubborn rather than employed, then so be it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mile High Jedi View Post
              No, many will argue that the TEAM is better. Shanahan lived (and subsequently died) on the effectiveness of Cutler's arm. Right now Lovie Smith and the Bears are finding out how precarious that can be.

McDaniels as a brand new Head Coach in the NFL has had a difficult scenerio to overcome in his first year, and he's doing far better then most of us hoped and many of us expected.

What would be nice is if people would stop writing the season off before it's even finished!:salute!:
              I expect playoffs, nothing less. McDaniels has done far worse than what myself and many other fans should have been expecting.

We expected playoffs with this offense last season and we knew we just had to turn our defense around. We turned the defense around great with nolan and mcdaniels ran this offense into the ground, we still have all the skill players we had last year on offense beside cutler and we can not get half the production we got last year. If we had this defense this year with last years offense this team would be amazing.

I don't care what people expected from this season, anything less than playoffs from any team is not acceptable. I want playoffs or else the coaches did not do their job, there is no rebuilding when you sign vets like we signed and have skilled players like we have.
              Being a Bronco fan is more important than being a fan of any coach or player in particular.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutler4tw View Post
                id give overall an D- he's supposedly this offensive genius just like Shanny .... yet our O is horrible unlike last season when our problem was Defense .... and its not like MCD is completely responsible for the D id give most if not all credit to Nolan i haven't seen MCD do much of anything except for hiring Nolan (good thing)and making our Offense worse than before
                He's also a rookie HC who has got a long way to go before becoming an "offensive genius". I didn't buy that title when he was hired, and I'm not buying it now. I still have a lot of faith in Josh, in his ability to become better down the road. When he does, I hope he is still a Bronco.
                Kenny McKinley: Eleven Forever.
                sigpic

Comment

• I like McD...

...but yesterday was on him, and pathetic.
                  Ultra-Conservative play-calling, playing "Not to lose" instead of to win

Absolutely horrible not to go for the 4th and goal, up by 3. Second half of the season Grade: F

First Half: A
                  KYLE ORTON ARMY SUPPORTER & FAN/MEMBER #333
                  sigpic
                  TEAM TEBOW MEMBER #36

Vinny Gambini: "Ms. Vito, Please tell the court what this is a picture of"
                  Ms. Vito: "Ya know what it's of"

Comment

• Most of his off season moves I'm happy with. I'm happy with the Cutler move. My first knee jerk reaction to it was very negative. But looking at how it has played out, I'm overall happy. Cutler ultimately forgot this is still a business and there will always be trade offers. Is he going to b***h, piss, moan, and complain every time one comes up? He will end up underachieving his entire career. So on that I give him an A!!

So far this season though I'd only give him an overall C. He has not shown the ability to adapt during the course of a game. KO may not be the most flashy QB in the league, but he can get the job done. What I'm unhappy about with KO is his inability to man up and audible out of some of McD's calls. That pass to Jordan yesterday in the flat on 3rd down was one of the dumbest calls I've ever seen. McD always talks risk vs reward. To me that was a much riskier call than a 40+ yd pass downfield because it had almost no chance of working even if it had been completed. His playcalling has to improve. Every week we hear about the failure of the offense to execute. Why is that? I'm tired of that same old excuse. Find the dang problem and fix it. Be it personnel, playcalling, or a combination. GET IT FIXED!!!! This is ridiculous. On that I would give him an F!!!! He needs to change whatever it is that is not working with execution and he is failing to do that.

Overall, I think he has done well. Most of his personnel moves have been good, a couple have been great. Some were not all that. But overall they were better than Shanny's over these last few years. Yes, I said that. Look at it honestly and you will see why. There is too much to go into on here though. Shanny did great on one side of the ball, but terrible on the defensive side and it showed.

If we make the playoffs, I will give him an overall passing grade if we fix these stupid problems that keep biting us. If we limp into the playoffs and nothing is done to fix the problems, than it will be a D at best.

Let's wait and see.

Comment

• Originally posted by aznightmare View Post
                      Take it how you want it; but I don't believe McDaniels is utilizing Shanahans' talent he left behind for us.

I'm just highly disappointed that we're not seeing any spectacular production out of Peyton Hillis, Eddie Royal, Brandon Stokely, Ryan Clady, Larsen, woodyard, or even bailey.

You may disagree, but the reason i believe this is because Hillis is warming the bench even on short yard situations, Eddie isn't getting the Royal treatment, Stokely is running sick routes with no love, Clady is in a new blocking scheme that doesn't fit him as well, woodyard is covering great TEs like clark, and bailey isn't blasting runners as he usually does.

Marshall has been a one man show in Orton's receiver staredown contest and the other receivers aren't getting any love. Our two monsters in larsen and hillis dont get to blast players and make short yards.

I know there will be some people who disagree, but lets hear the opinions
                      Why isn't he using Hillis more? I mean come on McD... using a tired, worn out Moreno on 3 and 1 late in games? McD isn't using his players to the best of the ability.
                      Superbowl 50 Champs!

Comment

• Right now... C+

If we don't beat philly and kc he gets a D

I don't care if we do get into the playoffs only winning one game, It only would be because of another team not being able to deliver.

Comment

• Over all I think he deserves a grade of B.
                          Each game there is a different grade... someone made the point that our Offense is the problem lately and that is true.
                          Another poster also mentioned that player personnel on offense is an issue.
                          I would agree.

But until the year is over, you can't really give a fair grade and keep in mind that he is a 1st year coach.

Now as far as that Raiders game.... everyone failed there. SP-Teams, Offense and yes... Defense. If we could have played just 5% better maybe a win. Anytime you give up 250 yrds rushing on Defense you have a higher chance of losing.
                          Then again, QB Sneak on 3rd and a long 2... ***?????
                          I don't know what to say.

Comment

• Overall I give him a C. He has done some good things (better than I expected) and some not so good. Improving the Defense, I'd give him an A, simply because they are much better than last year. But the Offense is worse so that brings his grade down. Yes, we had red zone problems last year, but we were scoring. This year, not so much. Offensive production is way down: Stokley caught 49 passes last year, 14 so far this year; Royal, 91 last year, 37 this year; Scheffler, 40 last year, 30 this year. McD's playcalling is predictable and mediocre. How many games in a row has Scheffler caught one pass on the opening drive of the 3rd qtr, and that's it? And I see no reason to not use Hillis as a short yardage back. He proved his worth last season, Moreno is a good RB but is wearing down in his rookie year, and Buckhalter is banged up. So where's Hillis? On the sideline. McDaniels is not the offensive genius he has been touted as. He has taken a team that last year was riddled with injuries at RB, had an abysmal defense, and is going to finish, most likely, only one game better than last season. With the improvements to the D, this team should be much better than last year, but we're probably going to be 9-7 and out of the playoffs again. Most of that can be attributed to the decline of the offense, which is McD's area of expertise.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JrtheFreak View Post
                              Why isn't he using Hillis more? I mean come on McD... using a tired, worn out Moreno on 3 and 1 late in games? McD isn't using his players to the best of the ability.
                              I know what McD is really good at using.

His EGO

Comment

• Originally posted by Vhailor View Post
                                He's also a rookie HC who has got a long way to go before becoming an "offensive genius". I didn't buy that title when he was hired, and I'm not buying it now. I still have a lot of faith in Josh, in his ability to become better down the road. When he does, I hope he is still a Bronco.
                                Indeed. He's good, but not a genius. Or, maybe he *is* a genius, but just doesn't know how to use it.

I like the second one better.

I still feel his hubris is the problem. Experience in the HC position will help - pure and simple time on the sidelines running the show - but until such time as he can look himself in the mirror and say "You blew that one, Big Boy. Now, what are you gonna do about it?" he won't be gaining "experience".

Watching his post-game interview, when talking about shortcomings he uses the word "we" a lot, and seldom uses the word "I". This is, I'm sure, intentional since if the coach can't exude teamthink, the team certainly won't. But when one makes a mistake, they need to own up to it. It's part of maturing, and McD isn't there yet.

Time heals all wounds, and those that heed are those that grow.

Two games left...

Oh, the grade.

B-
                                Last edited by Dyno; 12-21-2009, 04:45 PM. Reason: Forgot to grade him...
                                Kyle Orton Army member 136.

'Tis better to have loafed and lost, than never to have loafed at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X