McD is not making best use of Shannys first class talent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sage View Post
    Papa-pwn, Simms is still twice the QB that Orton is and we'd probably have the division clinched and a real shot in the postseason if he was our starter. Our offense should be much improved next season once Orton's gone and either Simms or another QB, any QB, is under center.
    are you really that delusional, or did you not watch the games that simms played in... He's absolute garbage. Simms' makes Ramsey look like an all-pro, and Ramsey was horrendous.

Comment

• As the only true rookie head coach (Caldwell is essentially Dungy's clone) with a winning record, McDaniels should be commended, not fired. Those who think otherwise need to calm down...

Comment

• I will be the first to say that when Josh and Kyle got here I couldn't stand either of em. Since then they have proved me wrong and earned a tremendous amount of respect from me. I really think calling for anyone's head is crazy. Give McDaniels and Nolan a few years to draft and sign key free agents and they will have the Broncos as an elite team and I would be very suprised if they don't get a few rings within the next 5 years. . .BRONCOS 4 LIFE!!!
        sigpic
        MILE HIGH TIL I DIE!!!

Comment

• While I do agree that the total offense has declined sense last year, I think McD has done a pretty good job with the team as a hole. last year Cutlar had 18 ints and 25 TDs with a much easier schedule. this year Orton has 17 TDs and only 8 ints, and we have had to face the leagues top defenses! Factor in the schedules, and it becomes clear that this years offense is just as good if not better. Special teams; well lets just say it has never been special. Last year our Defense ranked 29th in Total defense, allowing 374.6 yards per game. This year McD brought in Mike Nolan and the 3-4, as a result the Defense is now ranked 3rd in the game allowing only 294.4 yards per game.

At the beginning of the season most fans and so-called experts had us as only winning 4-6 games. those same fans said that if the Broncos finish 8-8 they would be Happy. Now we are already at 8 wins and looking at a possible playoff spot. Now these same fans that said they would be happy with 8, wins are asking for McDs head

Sometimes I think Football fans have the shortest term memory's
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RickyVoorhees View Post
            I will be the first to say that when Josh and Kyle got here I couldn't stand either of em. Since then they have proved me wrong and earned a tremendous amount of respect from me. I really think calling for anyone's head is crazy. Give McDaniels and Nolan a few years to draft and sign key free agents and they will have the Broncos as an elite team and I would be very suprised if they don't get a few rings within the next 5 years. . .BRONCOS 4 LIFE!!!
            Well, judging on McDs drafting so far, I'm not impressed. As far as signing free agents, it will be all we can do to sign our own next year.

BMarshall
            Orton
            Doom
            Kuper
            Sheffler

Doom and Bmarsh will take at least $40 million in guaranteed money alone. And if we don't sign them, or the others, we will take a step or two backwards, not get better.

Comment

There's no argument McD is a cunning OC that can sign quality veterans, but with suspect playcalling, drafting, depth/roster desicions and schemes, have we seen enough? Is McD our coach of the future, or should we cut ties after this season?
              :go:
              I just hope he can take time in the off-season and re-evaluate his decision making on those points you've mentioned.
              Starting 6-0 was great for him, but at the end, sooner or later those decisions tend to come back and bite you in the rear.
              I support the guy for sure. I'm willing to see how he coaches this team with one year under his belt as an NFL head coach.
              I'd like to see how he handles the draft next year. He took a big gamble in the draft and in FA. He added a lot of veteran players and age to our team.
              The mentaility of winning now, while not a bad idea- misfired on him.

Now, we're going into the draft still needing help on defense as far as building for the future.
              We also need help at the guard positions, at center and at QB.

The jury is still out on Moreno. Cbuck and Jordan are not getting any younger, and Hillis may not be here next season, which is great for him, he deserves better than that...
              Last edited by dragster69; 12-21-2009, 09:30 PM.
              sigpic
              I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

• Originally posted by ortonismyhero View Post
                As the only true rookie head coach (Caldwell is essentially Dungy's clone) with a winning record, McDaniels should be commended, not fired. Those who think otherwise need to calm down...
                Commended? Now I'm as big of a McD fan as they come, but when the previous coach goes 8-8, 9-7 last 2 years and misses the playoffs by a game, and gets fired...I think you know what you're there to do, and thats get to the playoffs, and do well once you get there. If he gets us to the playoffs, he will get commended by me, if not...I'm not saying he should be fired, but he was brought here to take us to the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by 22cannon View Post
                  Right now I don't think he is as good as Mangina was his 1st year in NY.

I'll give the coach an overall grade of D+

mostly due to personel handling.

He overcompensates on control issues a bit too much due to lack of age and experience and it has been is greatest downfall thus far.
                  I agree 100% on that point.
                  Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Grade Josh?

ok where to begin

for esembling the coaching staff..............A+
                    roster changes.......................................B
                    team preperation, and leadership..............B
                    changing to a 3-4...................................A+

clock managment in games.......................C-
                    challenge usage.....................................D-
                    weekly offensive game plans....................D-
                    play calling........................................... .F-
                    usage of entire offensive roster.................F
                    red zone offense....................................F-
                    offensive scheme...................................F

now we can say he's a rook, cause he is.....but rookies get judged to and this is a dog eat dog world and game.....and so far...his knowing what he wants in coaching staff as well as defenisive scheme is top notch....then every thing falls after that

there are things commonly known or thought in football...one being a terrible defense typically dictates a offense becomes one dimensional because they typically play from behind...or are forced into the thinking that they must take chances and score or else they will fall behind...as in the 2008 broncos

and so the game plan comeing into this season after the fireing of shanny was
                    1. fix the defense!!!!
                    2. fix the roster, improve talent
                    3. fix the poor red zone offense
                    4. fix the STs
                    5. create turnovers

areas of little concern were

1. QB
                    2. Blocking Scheme
                    3. offensive scheme

so heres how josh panned out with the main issue by hiring the staff and roster changes

......................2008........................ ...........2009
                    total defnes........29th ...................................3rd
                    scoreing def.......30th.................................... 6th
                    rush defense........27th............................... ....22nd
                    pass defense........26th............................... ....2nd
                    to's created..........13............................... .......25

great job!!! total turn around by nolan and the defensive side,

now lets examine the side of the ball josh set apart as his area and the one that needed the least attention

red zone %

i dont have the numbers on hand...but i can not say we are better

offense...................2008.................... .......................2009

total offense...........2nd............................. ................17th
                    scoreing Off..............16th............................. ...............20th
                    rush offense.............12th.......................... ..................12th
                    pass offense..............3rd.......................... ....................17th

responsible for the decline...scheme or talent?

oline....same both seasons

wrs...2008..marshall, royal, stokely, jackson
                    .......2009...marshall, royal, stokely, gaffny........basicaly the same talent level

rbs...2008...pittman, young and bell
                    .......2009...moreno...buckhalter...jordon....clea rly the better group

qb....08 cutler....09 orton

in reality theres not much differance in talent and possible more this season then last...so the decline must be the coaching

MCD overall...c-
                    sigpic
                    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                      Well, judging on McDs drafting so far, I'm not impressed. As far as signing free agents, it will be all we can do to sign our own next year.

BMarshall
                      Orton
                      Doom
                      Kuper
                      Sheffler

Doom and Bmarsh will take at least $40 million in guaranteed money alone. And if we don't sign them, or the others, we will take a step or two backwards, not get better.
                      Someone made a post a month ago we only have 9 million in cap space...I find that hard to believe but if it is true we will need to cut someone just to sign Marshall.

Marshall has the Broncos by the balls because imo we win 4 games at most without him this year and McD knows it.

He is going to get paid.
                      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                        Someone made a post a month ago we only have 9 million in cap space...I find that hard to believe but if it is true we will need to cut someone just to sign Marshall.

Marshall has the Broncos by the balls because imo we win 4 games at most without him this year and McD knows it.

He is going to get paid.
                        There will be no salary cap as the CBA will have expired.

Marshall will be a RFA, and we can tender him to a one year, 3.75 million deal, and he has no say in the matter.

Same thing with Kuper, Dumervil, Scheffler, and Orton.

Comment

There's no argument McD is a cunning OC that can sign quality veterans, but with suspect playcalling, drafting, depth/roster desicions and schemes, have we seen enough? Is McD our coach of the future, or should we cut ties after this season?
                          Yeah, 8-10 wins as a first year coach is TERRIBLE.

Coaches like Shanahan, Belichick, Walsh, Dungy, Johnson, etc etc etc ALL had dominating winning seasons their first year as coaches

Obviously 15 games is enough to completely judge how his career will go

Comment

• Considering everyone in the media and a large number of people on these boards expected a 3-13 season, I'd say he is doing just fine. Nobody figured McDaniels to make it to .500. He was bashed left and right for the Cutler deal and Orton has been twice the QB as ole Jayne this year. It's funny how McD went from horrible to miracle worker when Denver started out 6-0. A little falter down the stretch and now this OP is calling for his firing? Are you serious? Who do you propose Bowlen hires? How about a little faith in the big picture. Did you really think this year's team, or last year's for that matter, were legitamate contenders? At least McD had everyone wondering for most the season. He and Nolan brought instant credibility to our defense, which didn't really bring many lineman in to fill holes. I guess someone who still thinks Simms is better than Orton must not be realistic. This isn't Madden.

Comment

Working...
                            X