No announcement yet.

McD is not making best use of Shannys first class talent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny, he sure seems to be winning more games than Shanahan did with them...

You Shanahan honks can start making your way to DC when Ol' Shanny takes over the Deadskins.

Josh McDaniels is a 33 yr old coach that is just getting started.

If he had this much success as a rookie coach, the question for me is, how much better can he get?

I believe quite a bit better.

Do you think a 'perfect' coach exists??

Some of you just make me laugh...in disgust, as it is hard to believe how off target you are with your lame takes.

If you can't see McD is going to be an elite coach in the league fo years to come, maybe you should take up following another sport.

You know, maybe this football thing just isn't for you.
    Last edited by MindField; 12-18-2009, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Remind me how Shanahan did his first season coaching the Broncos? What was the record, with one of the greatest QBs (THE greatest IMO) ever to play?

This is a foundation being built - not a finished, polished product. This is season 1 of the new regime - compare his first year to many other great coaches first year, and then get back to me on how bad the team is playing.

And I'll take a drop from 16 in scoring to 20, if there's a corresponding jump from bottom 3 to top 5 in defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
        It's been apparent from day 1 starting with the QB blunder that McD wants this team to have no resemblance of this being Shanny's team, players or offense!

So in turn he broke the side of the ball that didn't need fixing and turned an offense that should be as high powered, explosive and exciting as the Colts & Saints into a dull, boring, conservative, predictable offense that has a ton of talent but uses none of it except for Marshall! We should be putting up 30+ points with ease but instead McD has us struggling just to score half that!

We're a deep threat team with Marshall & Royal...and Stokley but never go deep! Thank you Kyle Orton!!!

We're a ZBS running team (top tier for 14 years) but still after seeing it work every time it's dialed up McD still tries the power running game that has never worked!

No other coach in their right, un-ego driven mind would have came in and done this B.S. to this group of offensive weapons!!!

Right now McD (play selection) is our weakest link!!!
        We were never a deep threat team NEVER as usually you dont deal in facts. It really must bother you that this team is winning lol .
        "(Touchdowns) are the goal," Orton said. "You can run for as many yards as you want, throw for as many yards as you want, but you have to convert to seven points. I think we're going to be explosive, be dynamic, be versatile."

"Perception is everything in this league, and a lot of times, unless you're a self-promoter, it can become negative," - Kyle Orton

Kyle Orton Army member #83 :logo: :smug:

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
          But after we hired the guy that coordinated the 2007 Patriots offense, I expected more from our offense. We had the 2nd offense in yards with plenty of playmakers and we had to improve our efficiency scoring more touchdowns. Now we have the 17th overall offense (from 2nd we dropped to 17th) while we went from 16th to 20th in scoring.

And i can empathize those feelings, however i don't share them.

It would have been nice to see the offense take off scoring, but it would have also been nice to.....

Have wigman come close to the year performance wise that he had last year...

have Hillis block like a terror, and not have spencer straight out perform him...

Have Hamilton be the force he was pre concussion, and not have him get out performed, by a career backup that luckly was brought in...

Have the general run blocking line not let FIVE guys wrap up Moreno for a loss on a third down and 2 run play, those type of plays epitimize whats going on this year...

I think a lot of what people aren't considering is that Denver played some REAL week teams last year, and some of the worst defenses in the league. Sure the broncos haven't scored as many points, but have faced some of the toughest defenses in the league.

I honestly don't think last years team would have won 4 games against this years schedule, the same team that went into arrowhead, facing a worse team than this year, and got blown out...

The same team that went into a playoff game againgst SD and got BLOWN out...

The same team that went on monday night football and could only score 7 points in a blow out loss to the pats, who didn't even make the playoff's...

There is a foundation there, and a STRONG foundation that is prepared and the broncos are once again a team that no one really wants to face, are they the toast of the league yet.....no, but are they deffinately headded in a better direction than any bronco team of the recent past.....HELL YES

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
            Remind me how Shanahan did his first season coaching the Broncos? What was the record, with one of the greatest QBs (THE greatest IMO) ever to play?

This is a foundation being built - not a finished, polished product. This is season 1 of the new regime - compare his first year to many other great coaches first year, and then get back to me on how bad the team is playing.

And I'll take a drop from 16 in scoring to 20, if there's a corresponding jump from bottom 3 to top 5 in defense.
            exactly and what everyone who is crying over that does not understand is that the season is not over . 30 points against the Raiders and Chiefs at home and we will move up probably farther than 16 so I dont understand comparing one teams whole year stats to a team who has not yet completed the season.
            "(Touchdowns) are the goal," Orton said. "You can run for as many yards as you want, throw for as many yards as you want, but you have to convert to seven points. I think we're going to be explosive, be dynamic, be versatile."

"Perception is everything in this league, and a lot of times, unless you're a self-promoter, it can become negative," - Kyle Orton

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
              It's not easy and that's where McDaniels deserves most of the credit. Shanahan could not fix our defense, actually he was making it worse every year and that's why he is gone.

But after we hired the guy that coordinated the 2007 Patriots offense, I expected more from our offense. We had the 2nd offense in yards with plenty of playmakers and we had to improve our efficiency scoring more touchdowns. Now we have the 17th overall offense (from 2nd we dropped to 17th) while we went from 16th to 20th in scoring.

What the teams past ranks were are irrelevant because the team didnt win.People are way too impressed with the yardage totals of a losing team .

Comment

Haven't you heard?

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
                It's been apparent from day 1 starting with the QB blunder that McD wants this team to have no resemblance of this being Shanny's team, players or offense!

So in turn he broke the side of the ball that didn't need fixing and turned an offense that should be as high powered, explosive and exciting as the Colts & Saints into a dull, boring, conservative, predictable offense that has a ton of talent but uses none of it except for Marshall! We should be putting up 30+ points with ease but instead McD has us struggling just to score half that!

We're a deep threat team with Marshall & Royal...and Stokley but never go deep! Thank you Kyle Orton!!!

We're a ZBS running team (top tier for 14 years) but still after seeing it work every time it's dialed up McD still tries the power running game that has never worked!

No other coach in their right, un-ego driven mind would have came in and done this B.S. to this group of offensive weapons!!!

Right now McD (play selection) is our weakest link!!!
                Cutler is a Bear. Your new website is called Windy City Gridiron. You and your Orton Hater/Cutler Lovers will have good banter there. Enjoy!

Oh, and you will most likely find Shanahan (no disrespect to Mike) over at The Redskins site next year. Enjoy your new teams.
                KYLE ORTON ARMY SUPPORTER & FAN/MEMBER #333
                sigpic
                TEAM TEBOW MEMBER #36

Vinny Gambini: "Ms. Vito, Please tell the court what this is a picture of"
                Ms. Vito: "Ya know what it's of"

Comment

I thought I was the only one who noticed that...

Originally posted by aznightmare View Post

Marshall has been a one man show in Orton's receiver staredown contest and the other receivers aren't getting any love.
                  He literally does not look anywhere else. Even when the play is called for someone else, he stares B down and forces it in there. It works for the stats, obviously, but not for the W. Other receivers are open, but it's a confidence thing. I've played quarterback (albeit, not on a high level at all), and once you've got that go-to-guy, it's really, really hard to look anywhere else. I knew I could just throw to the tall guy and he would go get it. He would make my admittedly terrible throws look great. That's great for a terrible quarterback. A decent quarterback with a little accuracy doesn't need a security blanket though.

Comment

People here are very good at excuses.

Example: Kobe Bryant sits on the bench most of the season and the Lakers barely make it to the playoffs. But their record is better than the last few years (thanks to a new coach) so it makes sense to leave Kobe on the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by Redemption13 View Post
                      People here are very good at excuses.

Example: Kobe Bryant sits on the bench most of the season and the Lakers barely make it to the playoffs. But their record is better than the last few years (thanks to a new coach) so it makes sense to leave Kobe on the bench.
                      You go ahead and find one player at the level of Kobe Bryant's skill level riding the bench and tell me who it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                        You go ahead and find one player at the level of Kobe Bryant's skill level riding the bench and tell me who it is.
                        Seriously? Way to bend my purpose.

It's not about having a "Kobe status" player, it's the logic some of you are using to dismiss the poor utilization of skilled players.

Comment

Originally posted by Redemption13 View Post
                          Seriously? Way to bend my purpose.

It's not about having a player with "Kobe status", it's the logic some of you are using to dismiss the poor use of skilled players.
                          So they should forsake winning in order to put players on the field? If they are winning, why mess with a winning formula? Where's the logic in that?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                            So they should forsake winning in order to put players on the field? If they are winning, why mess with a winning formula? Where's the logic in that?
                            in all honesty, our defense has helped in our wins much more than our offense.
                            Being a Bronco fan is more important than being a fan of any coach or player in particular.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFan1088 View Post
                              But they are still winning more than they are losing. Which is the goal of this league.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFan1088 View Post
                                Is that a problem?

Comment

Working...
                                X