Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McD is not making best use of Shannys first class talent

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
    So they should forsake winning in order to put players on the field? If they are winning, why mess with a winning formula? Where's the logic in that?
    I doubt many people look at 8-5 and probably a season ending 10-6 record and consider it to be a perfect season. We've lost and been blown out enough this season to know that there is plenty of room for improvement. You'd think putting the ball in the hands of more playmakers might help.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
      Is that a problem?
      Not for the defense, it is for the offense. The offense has slumped since last season and that falls on mcdaniels shoulders as he is the play caller, while the defensive turnaround clearly lies more with nolan as he is the game day defensive play caller / package chosing guy.
      Being a Bronco fan is more important than being a fan of any coach or player in particular.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Redemption13 View Post
        I doubt many people look at 8-5 and probably a season ending 10-6 record and consider it to be a perfect season. We've lost and been blown out enough this season to know that there is plenty of room for improvement. You'd think putting the ball in the hands of more playmakers might help.
        10-6 is better than the last three years, with much of the same players. So I think McD has done more than an adequate job for his FIRST head coaching job. Considering 6 or fewer wins was the expected record. Is he perfect.... no, but he is doing things with this team that have not been done since 2005. So I'll go with his judgment so far.

        Comment


        • #34
          But...

          If they are winning, why does it matter if it's because of offense, or defense?

          I don't care the route it takes to get to the "W", just that "W" is the destination.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by BroncoFan1088 View Post
            Not for the defense, it is for the offense. The offense has slumped since last season and that falls on mcdaniels shoulders as he is the play caller, while the defensive turnaround clearly lies more with nolan as he is the game day defensive play caller / package chosing guy.
            Either way, McDaniels designed the defensive playbook and handpicked all who currently play on D.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
              Either way, McDaniels designed the defensive playbook and handpicked all who currently play on D.
              He chose them along with the input of Nolan though, it was not just him, they talked it out about all of the defensive players and they both designed the defensive strategies, as it is run similarly to how Nolans have previously been run.
              Being a Bronco fan is more important than being a fan of any coach or player in particular.

              Comment


              • #37
                lemme guess.. is it because peyton hillis isnt carrying it 20 times a game

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Sparky The Sun Devil View Post
                  lemme guess.. is it because peyton hillis isnt carrying it 20 times a game
                  Has more to do with the oline blocking scheme in my opinion. As this thread does not pertain to Hillis and I would enjoy if people would stick to one thread for that disucssion and just drop it in general as what happens will happen, no use in the back and forth.
                  Being a Bronco fan is more important than being a fan of any coach or player in particular.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Andy Holman View Post
                    He literally does not look anywhere else. Even when the play is called for someone else, he stares B down and forces it in there. It works for the stats, obviously, but not for the W. Other receivers are open, but it's a confidence thing. I've played quarterback (albeit, not on a high level at all), and once you've got that go-to-guy, it's really, really hard to look anywhere else. I knew I could just throw to the tall guy and he would go get it. He would make my admittedly terrible throws look great. That's great for a terrible quarterback. A decent quarterback with a little accuracy doesn't need a security blanket though.

                    lol he was looking Eddies way for most of the season hence the 75 targets .

                    What other players are you talking about that hes not looking at thats open ?

                    This is what happens when you try and feed people who actually watch the games BS .

                    Orton was throwing the same passes to Eddie the first 4-5 weeks that he was throwing to Marshall and Eddie was either dropping them or everyone was crying how Orton was trying to get Eddie killed because he was running crossing routes .

                    Well sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the Pats offense is a bunch of crossing routes but it goes back to how many touches does Eddie need for him to be productive ?

                    Brandon 132 targets - last game really boosted this big time

                    Eddie 75 targets - when you take into account how many times he has been nicked up and taken out the game or Josh has rested him because of his PK/KR duties . Just how many more targets should he have ?

                    Gaffney 58 targets - when he comes in the game he always manages to get open 20 yards down the field.

                    Scheff 41 targets - MCdaniels offense doesnt use the TE alot in the passing game and it doesnt help him that he is not a good blocker as thats what keeps him off the field

                    Stoke 22 targets - he doesnt play much but usually makes a play when he does


                    So who are these guys being ignored ? When you consider we are throwing less running more this year who is actually being ignored ?

                    The only person not catching balls is Eddie and its not because hes not getting thrown to its because hes literally not catching them.

                    This weekend will be a good chance to see if anyone else wants to step up and take advantage of the attention Marshall will get .
                    "(Touchdowns) are the goal," Orton said. "You can run for as many yards as you want, throw for as many yards as you want, but you have to convert to seven points. I think we're going to be explosive, be dynamic, be versatile."

                    "Perception is everything in this league, and a lot of times, unless you're a self-promoter, it can become negative," - Kyle Orton

                    Kyle Orton Army member #83 :logo: :smug:

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by KO8pectate View Post
                      We were never a deep threat team NEVER as usually you dont deal in facts. It really must bother you that this team is winning lol .
                      Where do you get this idea? The stuff being made up in defense of McD is amazing.

                      Completions 31+ yards 2008 number/TDs (this represents number of completions 31+ attempts)
                      Cutler 88/8
                      Warner 95/8
                      Brees 102/11
                      P Manning 72/5
                      McNabb 66/5
                      Cassell 45/5
                      Big Ben 39/3

                      The only two teams with bigger deep threat then us were NO and Arz. Considering how much better Warner and Brees are as QBs that is pretty good imo.

                      Btw this is not a "I miss Cutler" point, that fool is gone. Just trying to show we went from a top 3 Deep Threat team to...well we all know where our offense is today.

                      edit - these stats do NOT show deep threat, they show pass happy offense. Making changes in bold due to the fact I got my stats mixes up, sorry i got things mixed up
                      Last edited by Hadez; 12-18-2009, 11:06 AM.
                      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                        Where do you get this idea? The stuff being made up in defense of McD is amazing.

                        Completions 31+ yards 2008 number/TDs
                        Cutler 88/8
                        Warner 95/8
                        Brees 102/11
                        P Manning 72/5
                        McNabb 66/5
                        Cassell 45/5
                        Big Ben 39/3

                        The only two teams with bigger deep threat then us were NO and Arz. Considering how much better Warner and Brees are as QBs that is pretty good imo.

                        Btw this is not a "I miss Cutler" point, that fool is gone. Just trying to show we went from a top 3 Deep Threat team to...well we all know where our offense is today.
                        In 2008

                        Cutler completed 4 passes over 31 yards all of last year with 1td

                        Warner 8 passes for 2 tds

                        Brees 14 passes for 6 tds

                        Manning 7 passes 3 tds returning from injury but this year 6 passes 2 tds

                        Mcnabb 2 passes 0 tds this year with Jackson and Maclin 9 passes 7 tds

                        Cassell 2 passes for 1 td

                        Big Ben 7 passes 3 tds


                        You all have skewed the term big play to death. For players you like you will gladly attribute the 10 yard catch and 90 yard run for a td to the qb but for the ones you dont like it gets classified as him benefiting from the plays of others .

                        A big play offense in terms of passing has always been about the deep ball meaning passes that actually travel over 30 yards not just pass plays that gain 30 or more yards and there are very few teams who are throwing and completing 30+ yard passes on the regular .

                        Its all about the wideouts making plays Brandons and Eddies broken tackles turned 20 yard passes into 30 -40 yard romps and people attributed that to the QB throwing the ball deep. This year Brandon has done that but Eddie when he has actually caught the ball has al but fallen down every time.

                        The concept of our big play offense being the ball actually traveling more than 30 yards was a myth it was based on the same principles that Josh is using the playmakers just havent made nearly as many plays as they did last year (Brandon excluded)
                        "(Touchdowns) are the goal," Orton said. "You can run for as many yards as you want, throw for as many yards as you want, but you have to convert to seven points. I think we're going to be explosive, be dynamic, be versatile."

                        "Perception is everything in this league, and a lot of times, unless you're a self-promoter, it can become negative," - Kyle Orton

                        Kyle Orton Army member #83 :logo: :smug:

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          I clicked on this thread because I thought it was some kind of joke. The Broncos have not had a winning team. Almost everyone had this year's team as a 4 win or 5 win team at best. The Broncos have 8 wins and looking like they will make the playoffs. And someone has the balls to indicate that the team is underachieving because of McDaniels. Good god this is outrageous.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by KO8pectate View Post
                            In 2008

                            Cutler completed 4 passes over 31 yards all of last year with 1td

                            Warner 8 passes for 2 tds

                            Brees 14 passes for 6 tds

                            Manning 7 passes 3 tds returning from injury but this year 6 passes 2 tds

                            Mcnabb 2 passes 0 tds this year with Jackson and Maclin 9 passes 7 tds

                            Cassell 2 passes for 1 td

                            Big Ben 7 passes 3 tds


                            You all have skewed the term big play to death. For players you like you will gladly attribute the 10 yard catch and 90 yard run for a td to the qb but for the ones you dont like it gets classified as him benefiting from the plays of others .

                            A big play offense in terms of passing has always been about the deep ball meaning passes that actually travel over 30 yards not just pass plays that gain 30 or more yards and there are very few teams who are throwing and completing 30+ yard passes on the regular .

                            Its all about the wideouts making plays Brandons and Eddies broken tackles turned 20 yard passes into 30 -40 yard romps and people attributed that to the QB throwing the ball deep. This year Brandon has done that but Eddie when he has actually caught the ball has al but fallen down every time.

                            The concept of our big play offense being the ball actually traveling more than 30 yards was a myth it was based on the same principles that Josh is using the playmakers just havent made nearly as many plays as they did last year (Brandon excluded)
                            I just realized my numbers are in error.

                            Have things to do but will report the correct numbers.
                            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by KO8pectate View Post
                              lol he was looking Eddies way for most of the season hence the 75 targets .

                              What other players are you talking about that hes not looking at thats open ?

                              This is what happens when you try and feed people who actually watch the games BS .

                              Orton was throwing the same passes to Eddie the first 4-5 weeks that he was throwing to Marshall and Eddie was either dropping them or everyone was crying how Orton was trying to get Eddie killed because he was running crossing routes .

                              Well sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the Pats offense is a bunch of crossing routes but it goes back to how many touches does Eddie need for him to be productive ?

                              Brandon 132 targets - last game really boosted this big time

                              Eddie 75 targets - when you take into account how many times he has been nicked up and taken out the game or Josh has rested him because of his PK/KR duties . Just how many more targets should he have ?

                              Gaffney 58 targets - when he comes in the game he always manages to get open 20 yards down the field.

                              Scheff 41 targets - MCdaniels offense doesnt use the TE alot in the passing game and it doesnt help him that he is not a good blocker as thats what keeps him off the field

                              Stoke 22 targets - he doesnt play much but usually makes a play when he does


                              So who are these guys being ignored ? When you consider we are throwing less running more this year who is actually being ignored ?

                              The only person not catching balls is Eddie and its not because hes not getting thrown to its because hes literally not catching them.

                              This weekend will be a good chance to see if anyone else wants to step up and take advantage of the attention Marshall will get .
                              The distribution is just what would be expected considering your targets. Marshall should get the load, he's the number one. I would like Sheffler to get some more grabs, but that's just the way it is.

                              If this franchise is going to pay Marshall big bucks in the offseason, I expect to see a disproptionate amount of pigskin throw his way- if he keeps cathing, keep throwing.....
                              A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

                              #87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by RockyMtnConvert View Post
                                The distribution is just what would be expected considering your targets. Marshall should get the load, he's the number one. I would like Sheffler to get some more grabs, but that's just the way it is.

                                If this franchise is going to pay Marshall big bucks in the offseason, I expect to see a disproptionate amount of pigskin throw his way- if he keeps cathing, keep throwing.....

                                One thing i will note, and it is one of the VERY few head scratchers i've had this year, is that the first SD game, Sheffler was spit as a reciever, and created HUGE mis-matches, and we really haven't seen that since, I think that's a big ol bag of whoop ass that could be huge for a playoff run.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X