McD is not making best use of Shannys first class talent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mygtar View Post
    I clicked on this thread because I thought it was some kind of joke. The Broncos have not had a winning team. Almost everyone had this year's team as a 4 win or 5 win team at best. The Broncos have 8 wins and looking like they will make the playoffs. And someone has the balls to indicate that the team is underachieving because of McDaniels. Good god this is outrageous.
    Well, welcome to our board, where the fans seem to know more than the coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by owninit View Post
      One thing i will note, and it is one of the VERY few head scratchers i've had this year, is that the first SD game, Sheffler was spit as a reciever, and created HUGE mis-matches, and we really haven't seen that since, I think that's a big ol bag of whoop ass that could be huge for a playoff run.
      A big, fairly fast receiver split out against a smaller DB or LB..... yeah, I would like to see more of that!

You have got me, it seems simple, but I guess that is why we are fans. I am a popoenent of "keep doing it until it is stopped."

As long as we beat the Chefs and Raiders and make the playoffs, McDainels can run and throw to whomever he wants (thought he can do that anyway).
      A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

Comment

I clicked on this thread because I thought it was some kind of joke. The Broncos have not had a winning team. Almost everyone had this year's team as a 4 win or 5 win team at best. The Broncos have 8 wins and looking like they will make the playoffs. And someone has the balls to indicate that the team is underachieving because of McDaniels. Good god this is outrageous.
        Sometimes winning is just not good enough.....
        A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

Comment

Amen, brother

I am about sick of this garbage as well.

Bronco Fans: We are winners, most likely playoff contenders...under McDaniels' & Nolans' regime. What more do you want? Sure we COULD be better, in fact...we are better than our current record shows...but we ARE a playoff team, and once we're there...LOOK OUT!!
          KYLE ORTON ARMY SUPPORTER & FAN/MEMBER #333
          sigpic
          TEAM TEBOW MEMBER #36

Vinny Gambini: "Ms. Vito, Please tell the court what this is a picture of"
          Ms. Vito: "Ya know what it's of"

Comment

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
            It's been apparent from day 1 starting with the QB blunder that McD wants this team to have no resemblance of this being Shanny's team, players or offense!

So in turn he broke the side of the ball that didn't need fixing and turned an offense that should be as high powered, explosive and exciting as the Colts & Saints into a dull, boring, conservative, predictable offense that has a ton of talent but uses none of it except for Marshall! We should be putting up 30+ points with ease but instead McD has us struggling just to score half that!

We're a deep threat team with Marshall & Royal...and Stokley but never go deep! Thank you Kyle Orton!!!

We're a ZBS running team (top tier for 14 years) but still after seeing it work every time it's dialed up McD still tries the power running game that has never worked!

No other coach in their right, un-ego driven mind would have came in and done this B.S. to this group of offensive weapons!!!

Right now McD (play selection) is our weakest link!!!
            What QB Blunder?

Shipping Jeff George to Chicago for a better QB, 2 first round picks, and a 3rd rounder instead of a 5th rounder.

Yes having an offence run by Jay Cutler is very explosive. He produces a huge amount of yards, perfectly thrown passes hitting the defenders squarely in the numbers.

McD did the right thing. The team is playing well. I do not miss Cutler and his amazing games against the bottom dwellers and the blowouts against good teams.

Great to see Orton control the offense.

Comment

all players of the previous regime, bench warmer to a-p, are walking a tightwire straight into the doghouse-- if they dont produce, or fit into this system, they will be gone. See Brett Kern.

I also predict that only the all-Pro players from the previous regime will be here by the end of McD's 3-year. Hey by that time it could be all his.

Comment

It would apear to me that McD is posed to win more games this year, than shanny did since plummer was taking snaps, so remind me what he isn't doing right again............
                This thread isn't about what McD is doing right or wrong. Nor is it about him winning games or not.

It's about making best use of our first class talent. I'm happy that we can win games, but perhaps if we had an explosive offense with the talent we have, we could have won even more games.

Comment

If it was as easy as fixing a defense straight up black and white, then how come Shanny could only make it worse year after year after year?

Certain "individuals" (to spare probation) want to discredit anything the team is doing well, as something someone else must be doing right.

GET IT Through your minds that McD is the head coach, he persued leadership, he has effect on the defense, he has big enough balls to hire Great coordinators and LET THEM DO THEIR JOB, he has changed this TEAM into a hard playing football team.

McD cleaned house and has a BETTER TEAM THAN SHANNY HAD.....

It's not that tough of a concept.

Shanahan is still >>>> McDaniels until he produces back to back rings

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoABQ View Post
                    Shanny wasn't making best use of Shannys first class talent.

Unless you consider .500 to be a great season.

YOU ARE
                    Your argument was to begin with.

This isn't about how many games the respective coaches has won.

Shanny had excellent drafts and his talent was well utilized. It just didn't have the cohesiveness to win ball games. Read the argument of the post before you inject a worthless comment such as that

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                      Remind me how Shanahan did his first season coaching the Broncos? What was the record, with one of the greatest QBs (THE greatest IMO) ever to play?

This is a foundation being built - not a finished, polished product. This is season 1 of the new regime - compare his first year to many other great coaches first year, and then get back to me on how bad the team is playing.

And I'll take a drop from 16 in scoring to 20, if there's a corresponding jump from bottom 3 to top 5 in defense.
                      Shanahan went 8-8 first season. 13-3 second. 12-4 third. 14-2 fourth. Two shiny rings back to back.

McDaniels has a long way to go before he even gets a sniff of Shanahans shoes

Comment

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
                        It's been apparent from day 1 starting with the QB blunder that McD wants this team to have no resemblance of this being Shanny's team, players or offense!

So in turn he broke the side of the ball that didn't need fixing and turned an offense that should be as high powered, explosive and exciting as the Colts & Saints into a dull, boring, conservative, predictable offense that has a ton of talent but uses none of it except for Marshall! We should be putting up 30+ points with ease but instead McD has us struggling just to score half that!

We're a deep threat team with Marshall & Royal...and Stokley but never go deep! Thank you Kyle Orton!!!

We're a ZBS running team (top tier for 14 years) but still after seeing it work every time it's dialed up McD still tries the power running game that has never worked!

No other coach in their right, un-ego driven mind would have came in and done this B.S. to this group of offensive weapons!!!

Right now McD (play selection) is our weakest link!!!

Shanny wasn't putting up 30+ points in his scheme. Why do you think McD would in Shanny's scheme.

Plus Shanny is an ego driven mind. As players said, Shanny put Cutler on a pedestal. Which put big problems in the locker room. Shanny wasn't fired for no reason. His schemes have gotten old and predictable.

McD may call plays that are predictable, but especially in pass plays, its out of many many different formations which confuses the defense.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky The Sun Devil View Post
                          lemme guess.. is it because peyton hillis isnt carrying it 20 times a game
                          I don't know what you're talking about but Shanahan picked Hillis to be a dominant and scary fullback that would blast people away. He ended up being a HB because of injuries.

Why does everyone expect him to be a top tier HB when his job wasnt previously designated as such?

Comment

You clicked on this thread but you failed to comprehend that the thread isn't even about winning or losing, and it isn't about comparing coaches.

It's about the new coach NOT MAKING BEST USE OF TALENT.

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                              Shanny wasn't putting up 30+ points in his scheme. Why do you think McD would in Shanny's scheme.

Plus Shanny is an ego driven mind. As players said, Shanny put Cutler on a pedestal. Which put big problems in the locker room. Shanny wasn't fired for no reason. His schemes have gotten old and predictable.

McD may call plays that are predictable, but especially in pass plays, its out of many many different formations which confuses the defense.
                              I guess SHanahans 2nd ranked offense was predictable.

The defense was our problem last year if you didn't notice. Yet again, this thread isn't about Cutler or Shanahan.

Comment

Originally posted by aznightmare View Post
                                This thread isn't about what McD is doing right or wrong. Nor is it about him winning games or not.

It's about making best use of our first class talent. I'm happy that we can win games, but perhaps if we had an explosive offense with the talent we have, we could have won even more games.

I thought your last sentence in the op was "ok let's hear your opinions"

every case of first class talent you mentioned is an opinion, that isn't even shared by 1/4 of the FANS of Denver let alone the football nation.

First class talent:

Royal, not really more of a #2 receiver, targeted that way, and you'd ***** more if he was getting more throws than Marshal...

hillis, more like seventh round talent, who was the FIFTH back that shannahan went to last year, and has been BEAT out by larson for FB responsibilities.

Larsen, great FB, don't know how you want him used "more" since he's been either hurt or in on about 50% of the snaps (pretty good considering only about 45% of the offense uses a FB)

What blocking scheme doesn't fit clady well, he's a man beast, and is still putting up PB numbers, what are you expecting McD to break a magic wand off in him so that he can levitate?

Stokley is a slot receiver one of the best in the game, but not First class talent or he'd be higher in the depth chart. Or one of the other two teams that let him go would have bent over backward to keep “first class talent”. Do you want to watch an offense that throws to the slot 40 times a game?? that's revolutionary raider thinking...

your conclusion that McD's not using your mysterious classification of "first class talent" correctly insinuates that he’s using it “wrong”, well my post that he must not be doing as much wrong as he is right when he is blatantly out performing the person you thought was using it correctly……

Didn’t think I had to lead you through logic 101, but carry on with your wild thoughts of what would make this team roar like a race car……..

Comment

Working...
                                X