McD is not making best use of Shannys first class talent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aznightmare View Post
    You clicked on this thread but you failed to comprehend that the thread isn't even about winning or losing, and it isn't about comparing coaches.

It's about the new coach NOT MAKING BEST USE OF TALENT.
    Herm Edwards: "You play to win the game!"

We're 8-5 that's all I need to know...

Oh yeah...all of shannys draft picks were not awesome.

Comment

I dont know if its the style of offense or the player ability at the key positions. McD brought his NE style dink and dunk offense to the Broncos, no one disputes that. But the main difference is the personnel at the position. In NE McD had a dink and dunk offense, but also took shots deep down the field with Brady and Moss. In Denver, I dont know if Orton can throw it deep, or if its just not in the scheme. One of the things I used to like about Reeves and Elway, was they would take a shot deep down field, even if it wasnt there, and it would be just a very deep incomplete. But it forces those safeties to respect the deep ball, and not crowd the line. I dont think that Orton can throw it deep, thus the lack of production when a good D is crowding the first 15 yds. I dont hate Orton, or miss Cutler, just stating what I have seen.
      There is no plan B.

Comment

seriously? this is almost as bad as trying to argue that norv turner is a better coach than mcd.

gelling takes time, not 3/4 of a season....thats all i feel i need to say
        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by moto4669 View Post
          Herm Edwards: "You play to win the game!"

We're 8-5 that's all I need to know...

Oh yeah...all of shannys draft picks were not awesome.
          8-5..... thats five games that we didn't play to win. not everything has to be a competition between the old and new regime, we just gotta keep in mind that the new system isn't perfect and denying that improvements are needed just isn't smart (not targeting you specifically)
          disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

Alot of you have made some good points but it is very funny to see how most of us thought that we would be 4-12 with no expectations of our team and now McD has us at 8-5 with a good shot to make the playoffs and their is a bunch of crying! It is really unfair to expect this offense to look crispy clean like it did in New England yrs past! TIMING PEOPLE is EVERYTHING! When you look at NE's Offense, that offense has years up under the same system with the same players! Go ahead and kill me for saying this but this is why it made plenty of sense to trade for Cassel, because he knows the system! Our offense right now is a product of a NEW QB, New Offense, New running scheme! Yes Royal was awesome last year but we had a QB & WR's that had been in this offense for about 3/4yrs, so the learning curve was easy for him but now we have everybody learning exept Gaffney & Jordan which makes the learning curve more difficult! Lets not be to down on KO because he loves Marshall, Cutler had the same man crush on Marshall last yr remember, how many times did Cutler eyeball Marshall the whole route until he got open?! Some of these comments are to premature! By the way NE is struggling without McD, Brady doesn't look like the same QB!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by owninit View Post
              I thought your last sentence in the op was "ok let's hear your opinions"

every case of first class talent you mentioned is an opinion, that isn't even shared by 1/4 of the FANS of Denver let alone the football nation.

First class talent:

Royal, not really more of a #2 receiver, targeted that way, and you'd ***** more if he was getting more throws than Marshal...

hillis, more like seventh round talent, who was the FIFTH back that shannahan went to last year, and has been BEAT out by larson for FB responsibilities.

Larsen, great FB, don't know how you want him used "more" since he's been either hurt or in on about 50% of the snaps (pretty good considering only about 45% of the offense uses a FB)

What blocking scheme doesn't fit clady well, he's a man beast, and is still putting up PB numbers, what are you expecting McD to break a magic wand off in him so that he can levitate?

Stokley is a slot receiver one of the best in the game, but not First class talent or he'd be higher in the depth chart. Or one of the other two teams that let him go would have bent over backward to keep “first class talent”. Do you want to watch an offense that throws to the slot 40 times a game?? that's revolutionary raider thinking...

your conclusion that McD's not using your mysterious classification of "first class talent" correctly insinuates that he’s using it “wrong”, well my post that he must not be doing as much wrong as he is right when he is blatantly out performing the person you thought was using it correctly……

Didn’t think I had to lead you through logic 101, but carry on with your wild thoughts of what would make this team roar like a race car……..
              Lmao, to the man who is think he's teaching people logic 101. Every fan retains wild imaginations of their team roar like a race.

Out of respect for you, I won't try to disagree with what you said.

All that I really need to say to you is that all the amazing offensive talent we have this year hasn't performed nearly as well as they did last year. It's a fact.

You could make case statements about any particular player all you want but they just haven't done is well. Clady has and always has been a beast handpicked by shanahan. But you can't argue the fact that he isn't doing as well as he did last year.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos1997 View Post
                8-5..... thats five games that we didn't play to win. not everything has to be a competition between the old and new regime, we just gotta keep in mind that the new system isn't perfect and denying that improvements are needed just isn't smart (not targeting you specifically)
                I agree. I just like fact that we probably won't finish 8-8 again. And make the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Phildanio Jamerrilips
                  Hmmm...I wonder if there is something out there bigger than McD's EGO???

Comment

did i miss something or did forums.denverbroncos.com just get bought by some rancher/ animal humane society?
                    disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
                      seriously? this is almost as bad as trying to argue that norv turner is a better coach than mcd.

gelling takes time, not 3/4 of a season....thats all i feel i need to say
                      You call that an argument? All of shanahans talent I speak up are rookies or 2-3rd year. They did extremely well last year and how long did it take to "gel"?

Royal had an amazing 1st game last year, no experience

Comment

another thread *****ing about mcd? haha

we havent made the playoffs since 05-06 and we're in a good position this year to make it in. if we didn't trade our pick to seattle and have chicago's pick, i swear people would be *****ing about him giving us a lower draft pick because he keeps winning.

and it's his first year, hes going to get better at coaching just like moreno will get better at being a running back.

I know everythings not bunnies and rainbows but jebus.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                          It's not easy and that's where McDaniels deserves most of the credit. Shanahan could not fix our defense, actually he was making it worse every year and that's why he is gone.

But after we hired the guy that coordinated the 2007 Patriots offense, I expected more from our offense. We had the 2nd offense in yards with plenty of playmakers and we had to improve our efficiency scoring more touchdowns. Now we have the 17th overall offense (from 2nd we dropped to 17th) while we went from 16th to 20th in scoring.
                          WRONG!!!

The Broncos were 2nd in YARDAGE only. The scoring was like 12th in the NFL. Many teams can gain yards, few can score points consistently in the Red Zone. Take the time to look up the facts Roddoliver.

If Shanny had such a talented team, then why oh why did the Broncos NOT WIN the SF game in 2007 when it was within reach? The same question goes for the Buffalo game in 2008? Both games would have put the Broncos into the Playoffs.

Cuttles was the QB both games, all the Broncos needed were a few more 1st down and run out the clock. Cuttles had the lead in both games. Shanny knew what to do, but did not do it.

In 2009 I see a team built to fight to the end, not collapse at the end. This team is smash-mouth and fighting. McD is showing that he wants to win and make sure the players are in shape for the 16 game schedule.

Speaking of the schedule, how many think that the team of 2007 or 2008 would be 8-5 if they had played this years schedule?

And if the talent was so first class, how come so many of last years team are not playing in the NFL, much less starting right now?
                          "Those are my principals... if you don't like them, well, I have others" - Groucho Marx

"Having a Hell of a time my dear, wish you were here" - Alice Cooper

Comment

You clicked on this thread but you failed to comprehend that the thread isn't even about winning or losing, and it isn't about comparing coaches.

It's about the new coach NOT MAKING BEST USE OF TALENT.
                            No I comprehend perfectly. The Broncos are overachieving beyond all pre-season predictions from just about everyone.

You don't comprehend that IT IS about winning and losing. Are you saying that it is possible for McDaniels to use his talent to perfection but be 0-13 at this point of the season?

Comment

Originally posted by Mygtar View Post
                              No I comprehend perfectly. The Broncos are overachieving beyond all pre-season predictions from just about everyone.

You don't comprehend that IT IS about winning and losing. Are you saying that it is possible for McDaniels to use his talent to perfection but be 0-13 at this point of the season?
                              This teams offense is not over achieving. It was the 2 best offense in yards last season and it is now 17th. The only reason people felt its "overacheiving" is because McDaniels decided to trade Cutler who many fans felt was the next john elway.

In reality, losing one QB for another should not make a season doomed when one QB has proven to be a decent QB and good manager while the other has proven to be irradical and unexplainable with a poor demeanor. Just because the media went crazy over cutler being traded did not give this broncos team any reason to finish less than 8-8 which we finished last season.

This team had talent last year and it has many of the same talent this year, doom, marshall, royal, the oline, stokley, graham, scheffler, larsen, hillis, champ, marcus thomas, dj williams, kenny peterson, matt prater.. etc. It has a few added faces which any offseason will bring regardless of the coach.

The offensive slump can only be a result of the new scheme implemented by mcdaniels, specifically at the oline which clearly is not working out. Nolan and McDaniels have done a great job at turning the defense around. But McDaniels has done a poor job in keeping the offense great.
                              Being a Bronco fan is more important than being a fan of any coach or player in particular.

Comment

Take it how you want it; but I don't believe McDaniels is utilizing Shanahans' talent he left behind for us.

I'm just highly disappointed that we're not seeing any spectacular production out of Peyton Hillis, Eddie Royal, Brandon Stokely, Ryan Clady, Larsen, woodyard, or even bailey.

You may disagree, but the reason i believe this is because Hillis is warming the bench even on short yard situations, Eddie isn't getting the Royal treatment, Stokely is running sick routes with no love, Clady is in a new blocking scheme that doesn't fit him as well, woodyard is covering great TEs like clark, and bailey isn't blasting runners as he usually does.

Marshall has been a one man show in Orton's receiver staredown contest and the other receivers aren't getting any love. Our two monsters in larsen and hillis dont get to blast players and make short yards.

I know there will be some people who disagree, but lets hear the opinions
                                I'll tell you whats amazing, Denver is winning games when they weren't even expected to and we still have fans complaining! There were people left, right, up and down crying about how this season was going to be a disaster and already talking about who the Seahawks were going to spend 1st overall pick on. McDaniels is going to win more games this season than Shanahan has in the last 5, with his own players and better coaches.

You might have to clafiy "spectacular" production. Imo, every person you listed is contributing very well. People may look at Hillis and see 0 production but he is the #1 fullback. Tell me how many fullbacks in the NFL actually get to touch the ball on a consistant basis? He isn't getting many short yardage carries because the combo of Moreno and Buckhalter are doing just fine. No need to fix something that isn't broken because some fans want thier favorite player to get more touches.

Quit crying about who's not doing what and just be happy that this team is winning. Somthing I havn't seen in a while. I know that we havn't locked anything up yet but we have to believe that we are looking at the playoffs. Whether it's the Pats or Bengals, it doesn't matter because we have already beaten both teams and I would be more than happy to be matched up against either for the first game Heres to the playoffs and a possible run
                                Last edited by JvDub95; 12-19-2009, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X