Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McD's Play-Calling Won't Change (Players Will)

The way I see it, the Broncos will put bigger guys in the middle of the o-line in the offseason. Poof! Our line will actually get some push and Moreno will convert those 3rd/4th and short situations.

I am excited to see whether or not they put a new starting quarterback on the field next season. Maybe Brandstater develops? He has the talent. Maybe a 1st/2nd round rookie with the athleticism?

You can't watch an episode of SportsCenter without seeing an NFL offense using the entire field, whether it be McNabb hitting D.Jackson 60 yards deep, the Manning brothers hitting a guy far down the field in the corner of the endzone, Brady throwing a long bomb to Moss, etc.

Do we need a quarterback who throws 50 yards every play? No. But we need a guy who can take advantage of EVERY opportunity. No more Kyle "drop to the ground if I see a rush" Orton. Not only has his lack of athletic ability taken us out of FG range on some drives, but he cannot make plays out of nothing like many others can. There are a lot of other QB's who will sidestep the rush or scramble only to find his guy for the 1st/score. And Orton may have a strong arm, but he doesn't know how to use it consistently at all.

This is not a thread to bash Kyle Orton. He has surpassed my expectations by far. But after watching quarterbacks like Rivers, Manning, Brees, McNabb, Ryan, Brady, Schaub, Rodgers, there is a completely different level of talent to be desired.

Once we have a legitimate QB who defenses fear and must gameplan, McDaniels' screens will begin to work (which is 50% of what we do ) and the short passes will be more efficient. D-coordinators will have to play defenders deep and off the LoS, thus holes will start to open up in the running game.

McDaniels' showed that he is controlled by a massive ego, but that will be fine once we have the appropriate players to carry out his scheme.
    Last edited by Redemption13; 12-23-2009, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jwnarl View Post
      I think orton's mindset is sack beats an INT. honestly, he is not mobile but who was open? He went down to avoid a strip fumple scenerio.

Think about what Cutler does in the red zone and Orton , well what do you want, a guy that throws the ball up for grabs or lives to face another down.

the playcalling needs to be more dynamic for orton and when he has time he is money.

I do not see him folding at all so we are just watching the games differently
      He went down on one play, I forget now if it was against the Raiders or the Colts, and he wasn't even touched. Playing safe to avoid a fumble or int is one thing, but folding before you're touched seems to me to be playing scared.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by White Dragon View Post
        Did anyone even CONSIDER that maybe Smith's hamstring is still bothering him? That maybe, JUST MAYBE it's been bothering him all season?
        Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!! To many expect Pro Bowl results out of the gate. I blame the stupid Fantasy Football has all these people throwing so many under the bus too quick. It is actually pretty sickening!

Very Nice Post Dragon but unfortunately common sense isn't very familiar on the boards these days!:go:

Comment

• The problem is if he never changes he will always be predictable.

We will never win a Super Bowl like that.

Go see the Patriots when McD was calling the plays. Yea they set allot of records but they tried to do the same thing to the Giants in the Super Bowl that they did in the regular season.

The giants adjusted, the pats did not and the pats lose the only game that really matters in a season (assuming you get to it)
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• You know those tents that simulate the reduced amount of oxigen in high altitudes? The ones that help players with conditioning? Our receivers should buy those. But not to get used to the high altitude, of course. They should use them to learn how to run routes in very small spaces, since our team likes to stretch the field up to 3 yards deep.
            sigpic

Comment

• I didn't see the OAK game...but tell me...

I live in MO so they only showed KC vs. CLE

Here was my fear after the KC game. The cute little gimmick plays worked. The bubble screen specifically. So, I was afraid we'd try them in the Oakland game and get owned as often happens w/them.

When we get away from that junk which usually fails and leaves us w/long yardage situations we do well against good teams IMO.

So, did we do a bunch of "creative" short passes, bubble screens, etc. which failed and repeatedly gave Oakland the ball? Did we sputter trying to fool the Raiders rather than outplay them?
              John and TD should get their own wing in Canton.

Comment

• Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                Its been a long time since I felt this destroyed after a loss. I thought buffalo was bad last year but the pain of Sundays loss to Oakland is still haunting me today. Cant seem to shake it, partly knowing it was first and goal on the 2 and all we needed was a TD to put the game away

Is anyone on the same boat as my self?

Nope not at all! Focusing on the Eagles the RAIDER GAME IS OVER! We split the season with a AFCW Rival time to move on!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                  We have lost to both SD and the Raiders at home. Pretty sad.

After going 6-0 we went 2-6 with three of those loses coming against teams who do not even have a winning record today. One has 4 wins and Oak picked up their 5th win against us.

Yea it hurts bad.

I am getting sick and tired of McD and his stubborn ego.
                  Yeah understandable since we dominated at HOME when Shanny was here too right?

Comment

• Originally posted by RazR View Post
                    Loss still hurts. The only cure? More cowbell! j/k

Actually, a win in Philly would make me FORGET last Sunday ever happened.... almost.

:go:
                    The only thing that makes this go away is winning both our remaining games.

If we beat Philly but lose to KC I say we fire McGenious.
                    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

The only thing that makes this go away is winning both our remaining games.

If we beat Philly but lose to KC I say we fire McGenious.
                      Oh yeah that's the solution all the way! Fire the Coach that takes us above .500 LMFAO

Comment

• We tried a couple screens. Oak's DBs are too fast for the bubble screen. Just like balt and Pitt yet McD will call them anyways.

The worse screen pass was one to clady.

The picture in this thread pretty well shows why it was a horrible idea. (actually I can not find the thread...will look for it)

McD also used the QB sneak allot. It did not look too bad at first, except one time it was used with like 3 or 4 yards to get a first down. The problem is Oak did a very good job of adjusting to our entire running game and we were not ready for the adjustment nor did we make an adjustment of our own after the fact.

Comment

• I used to let loses get to me, but no more. I go to the games and give it my all as a fan--stomp my feet and yell nonstop for three hours, but when the game is over, it's over.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosRockdaRockies View Post
                            Oh yeah that's the solution all the way! Fire the Coach that takes us above .500 LMFAO
                            One game above .500 and we become only the 2nd team in the history of the NFL to go 6-0 and miss the playoffs.

Least Shannahan had a whole wave of injuries last year to explain going 8-5 to 8-8. All of the LBs were missing games. Doom was hurt all year. Champ missed games. 6 starting RBs on IR.

Nearly all of the Bronco problems this year have been self inflicted.

Comment

• It is demoralizing to think that Oakland came to Denver, put Charlie Frye, JP Losman and JaMarcus Russell on the field and left with a victory.
                              sigpic

Comment

One game above .500 and we become only the 2nd team in the history of the NFL to go 6-0 and miss the playoffs.

Least Shannahan had a whole wave of injuries last year to explain going 8-5 to 8-8. All of the LBs were missing games. Doom was hurt all year. Champ missed games. 6 starting RBs on IR.

Nearly all of the Bronco problems this year have been self inflicted.
                                Ok that somewhat explains last year's excuse but what about the rest of the years since 2005? Cutlers Diabetes?

Not to sound like a jerk, but I really don't care about what history says about missing the playoffs simply because we haven't missed them so therefore it is irrelevant until it happens, but since you are talking about history, how many fans said that Bill Belichek's disciples never have a winning record? 10-6 or 9-7 is a winning record in my book. Just sayin

Comment

Working...
                                X