This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    Not within the two minute warning they don't.

I do think we should have gotten a delay of game penalty because he was holding sheff down keeping him from getting up even though sheff was struggling to.
    If the team was ready to line up, then yes there would have been a delay of game. But half the team, especially the linemen, was 10 yards away so that was a good no call.

Comment

• Originally posted by Artamentous View Post
      Not really related but....

Did you know that Geese HATE laser lights? Someone was shining a green laser light at the 100+ geese that love to swim in the lake behind my place(it doesn't completely ice over cause of a fountain in the middle) and that laser light would clear them like cattle getting herded. Was pretty hilarious seeing all those geese scurry away from the laser like it was some predator.
      How is tormenting animals funny?

Comment

• SNITCH!.... best mic'd i've ever seen. bmarsh's reaction to getting a face full of hairy ass was classic.

Comment

• Originally posted by JHoward View Post
          Thats was an awesome video especially the part with Rod giving Brandon pointers but also Chris Simms giving Brandon advice to get 200 receiving yards along with two touchdowns to dedicate to Chris Henry. But it was so sad to see Hillis just sitting there on the bench and not being utilized AT ALL! . I feel sorry for him because Hillis is such a humble guy. Brandon joked with him though, he said "But you dont even care huh?"
          I wonder does anyone think that what you see Hillis doing in that video is the exact reason he may not getting any burn even over Jordan ?
          "(Touchdowns) are the goal," Orton said. "You can run for as many yards as you want, throw for as many yards as you want, but you have to convert to seven points. I think we're going to be explosive, be dynamic, be versatile."

"Perception is everything in this league, and a lot of times, unless you're a self-promoter, it can become negative," - Kyle Orton

Kyle Orton Army member #83 :logo: :smug:

Comment

• Its amazing how the expectations are that every single rookie has to be great immediately or they busted lol . If every single rookie was great immediately do people know how much more value draft picks would hold .

Nickel is freakin hard to play especially as rookie
            "(Touchdowns) are the goal," Orton said. "You can run for as many yards as you want, throw for as many yards as you want, but you have to convert to seven points. I think we're going to be explosive, be dynamic, be versatile."

"Perception is everything in this league, and a lot of times, unless you're a self-promoter, it can become negative," - Kyle Orton

Kyle Orton Army member #83 :logo: :smug:

Comment

• Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
              McDaniels can call whatever he wants but in the end, Orton throws the ball, he should be able to react to whats happening on the play, not do exactly what Josh says to do.
              If only McD would allow Orton to call audibles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                Not within the two minute warning they don't.

I do think we should have gotten a delay of game penalty because he was holding sheff down keeping him from getting up even though sheff was struggling to.
                Not without the delay of game, no we didn't have a chance, but with the delay of game flag the clock would of stopped with about 3-4 seconds left that is plenty of time. This loss still hurts but we all have to get over it and move on.

Comment

• If I was Scheff on last play, I would have starting punching the guy or try to rip his face mask off until he let me go or a ref threw a flag on him or me. I would have made a big deal about it to draw attention. Worst case the flag is on you, you get lucky the ref sees you are trying to get up but cant so throws a flag on him.

Comment

• Another thread about the refs losing us a game?

We weren't 'robbed'... they didn't "cheat" us. No one was conspired against.... we lost.

Comment

• Originally posted by jlhawkins9 View Post
                      If I was Scheff on last play, I would have starting punching the guy or try to rip his face mask off until he let me go or a ref threw a flag on him or me. I would have made a big deal about it to draw attention. Worst case the flag is on you, you get lucky the ref sees you are trying to get up but cant so throws a flag on him.
                      Worst case, you get a 15 yrds penalty (which you would hve deserved) and put the team in a worse position than it already was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                        Worst case, you get a 15 yrds penalty (which you would hve deserved) and put the team in a worse position than it already was.
                        How? The game was over, only chance you had was to get a flag.

Comment

• You can't blame the officials for POOR coaching decisions...

Comment

• There were some bad calls, even my wife kept asking why the raiders weren't called for holding half the time on Dumervil (and she doesn't even watch football).

But, even the officials shouldn't be able to bail out a Frye/Losman/Russell led team at home.

The loss is squarely on the shoulders of the Broncos.

Comment

• Originally posted by jlhawkins9 View Post
                              If I was Scheff on last play, I would have starting punching the guy or try to rip his face mask off until he let me go or a ref threw a flag on him or me. I would have made a big deal about it to draw attention. Worst case the flag is on you, you get lucky the ref sees you are trying to get up but cant so throws a flag on him.
                              how about if he tried spiking the ball himself after getting brought down, and just taking the delay of game pen...? would that work? cause i know if you spike the ball after getting tackled its delay of game...
                              Manning Fatigue (noun): The act of being sick as hell of watching a HOF qb take half of forever to decide what to do and just wishing he'd make up his mind.

Comment

• ^^^ I would feel better about the pick if he was making an impact in the return game but he's not even doing that. I don't expect him to be a star or immediate starter this year but it would be a good sign to see him contributing more.

His physical abilities aren't all that impressive either- smaller guy without elite speed.

Don't get me wrong- I'm not about to write him off this year (or even next) as it takes time for young players to develop but unimpressive and underwhelming have been my impression of him this year. I didn't like the trade then and so far he hasn't done much to silence his critics.

Comment

Working...
                                X