This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 22Bernard24 View Post
    Good to see our basically 1st round pick is getting beaten out by a UDFA. Nice drafting there McD Ayers has been amazing as well .
    they have been disappointing but give them time. they r only rookies. they still have plenty of time to develop
    Go Broncos!!!:thumb:

Comment

• Originally posted by 91bronco View Post
      ^^^ I would feel better about the pick if he was making an impact in the return game but he's not even doing that. I don't expect him to be a star or immediate starter this year but it would be a good sign to see him contributing more.

His physical abilities aren't all that impressive either- smaller guy without elite speed.

Don't get me wrong- I'm not about to write him off this year (or even next) as it takes time for young players to develop but unimpressive and underwhelming have been my impression of him this year. I didn't like the trade then and so far he hasn't done much to silence his critics.
      I'm not writing him off because of his rookie season.. BUT...

if you spend a 1st on a guy, and he can't beat out a player that was released by the team, its a concern. If the team then has to bring in an aged vet that hasn't played all season long, has a single day of practice yet STILL starts over you, there is a problem. If that doesn't work, and the team is then starting practice-squad players over you, then there is a BIG problem.

Smith hasn't shown that he deserves a spot on this roster, OTHER than the fact that the coach has spent the high round pick on him.

Too early to give up on him, absolutely. But if he's not starting next season, then its time to find someone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighireland View Post
        how about if he tried spiking the ball himself after getting brought down, and just taking the delay of game pen...? would that work? cause i know if you spike the ball after getting tackled its delay of game...
        I could be wrong, but I don't think you can stop the clock with an offensive penalty.

Comment

• Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
          I could be wrong, but I don't think you can stop the clock with an offensive penalty.
          I think you can in some cases, such as delay of game. Otherwise a team could get the ball with like 4 mins to go and keep running down clock by taking continuous delay of game penalties... no?
          Manning Fatigue (noun): The act of being sick as hell of watching a HOF qb take half of forever to decide what to do and just wishing he'd make up his mind.

Comment

• Agreed- CP to you

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
              Worst case, you get a 15 yrds penalty (which you would hve deserved) and put the team in a worse position than it already was.
              I don't believe that is correct, Rav. It would have been a dead ball foul meaning any penalty would have been added from the spot of the catch. It could have been a 5 yard delay of game or a 15 personal foul. Also, it would have been an untimed play as the half or game cannot end on a defensive penalty.

We're simply splitting hairs here because we both agree that the officiating didn't cost us the game. It was bad officiating but it was bad for BOTH teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighireland View Post
                how about if he tried spiking the ball himself after getting brought down, and just taking the delay of game pen...? would that work? cause i know if you spike the ball after getting tackled its delay of game...
                Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                Under two minutes if the offense commits a penalty such as you suggested without any time outs, there would be a 10 second run off on the clock and that would have effectively ended the game anyway.

Comment

• IMO for what we gave up to get him i hope he starts next year, if not, ATLEAST give Champ & Goody some STRONG COMPETITION, IF, Champ is still here! But to get A. Smith in the 2nd rd, his contract doesn't really forces him to START but he SHOULD be the NICKEL, and with so many teams that plays 3WR's (Indy, Saints, Patriots, Cowboys, Eagles, Cardinals, Packers just to name a few) his role as the Nickel is just as important as a starting CB!
                  Last edited by JayJack; 12-24-2009, 11:20 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

• There were some bad calls, and I definitely think the league should review the Scheffler play[and plays like it] in the off-season because its clearly a delay of game. I was so pissed when he was holding Scheffler down, I just dont see how it wont be a delay of game penalty in the future. But we lost that game and theres really nothing we can do about it now.
                    sigpic

Comment

• We lost the game because we don't score enough points and our defense could not stop JaMarcus in the end.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Raider way.
                        sigpic

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Comment

• I don't think so but the same thing happened at a Cardinals vs. Phillies game over the summer.

That guy never got caught either.

Leave it to Oakland and Philadelphia fans to do that.
                          "The Bears treat offense as if it's the bubonic plague."
                          -Tony Kornheiser

Goodnight Canada!!!!

Comment

• It was Jake Plummer...he took off to Idaho on a Harley before they could catch him.
                            sigpic

Comment

• The laser light thing REALLY pissed me off because it killed our momentum on that drive. We had just gotten the HUGE play from Stokes to get to the goal line, and we should of been able to just run up and punch it in while the defense was still tired and disoriented.. but they got a friggin' 10 minute time out to regroup and get ready for the goal line stand..
                              The Magic Is Back! IN ELWAY WE TRUST!

Comment

• Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                                What does this say about our high 2nd round pick???
                                it says our 2nd round corner shouldve made a ****ing tackle after that stupid catch for the game winning td i was like we gave up a 1st round pick 4 him and 4 what i think we really needed that pick to improve our team for next year and for the future he hasnt done anything and we shouldve gotten orakpo and then knowshone and if knowshone wasnt available then it shouldve been rey mauluaga robert ayers hasnt done anything either but i just hope they dont end up being busts because if they do we would be better off with shanahan as our hc atleast he knew how to call plays on offense

Comment

Working...
                                X