This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by broncomaniac333 View Post
    it says our 2nd round corner shouldve made a ****ing tackle after that stupid catch for the game winning td i was like we gave up a 1st round pick 4 him and 4 what i think we really needed that pick to improve our team for next year and for the future he hasnt done anything and we shouldve gotten orakpo and then knowshone and if knowshone wasnt available then it shouldve been rey mauluaga robert ayers hasnt done anything either but i just hope they dont end up being busts because if they do we would be better off with shanahan as our hc atleast he knew how to call plays on offense
    lol wut

Comment

• Did anyone take notice of the play following the stop for the laser incident?
      The previous play Orton threw the ball out the back of the end zone, incomplete pass clock stops. When they resumed play they restarted the clock! The clock shouldn't have started til the ball was snapped. Not sure it would have made a difference but fact remains we got the shaft in the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
        I don't believe that is correct, Rav. It would have been a dead ball foul meaning any penalty would have been added from the spot of the catch. It could have been a 5 yard delay of game or a 15 personal foul. Also, it would have been an untimed play as the half or game cannot end on a defensive penalty.

We're simply splitting hairs here because we both agree that the officiating didn't cost us the game. It was bad officiating but it was bad for BOTH teams.
        Well.. I honestly didn't really get into the details.... but I was just thinking anytime you want your player to grab facemasks and punch the other players TRYING to get the official's attention... its not going to be POSITIVE for your team or player. :lol:

Comment

• I think I might be developing a mild man crush on TC25

But seriously, that was a great showing, for any corner period, and especially a rookie.

Its way too early to make an assumption, but how nice would it be if he ended up taking over for champ or goodman down the road?

Comment

• Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
            I think I might be developing a mild man crush on TC25

But seriously, that was a great showing, for any corner period, and especially a rookie.

Its way too early to make an assumption, but how nice would it be if he ended up taking over for champ or goodman down the road?
            He couldn't beat out Jack Williams for the starting job.

But... Champ will probably be gone next season, so he BETTER be ready to step it up.

Comment

• both of these guys are better than dre bly or josh bell

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                He couldn't beat out Jack Williams for the starting job.

But... Champ will probably be gone next season, so he BETTER be ready to step it up.
                Wait.. I don't think we're talking about the same player here lol.

I was saying Tony Carter has impressed me in his first NFL game and hopefully he can inprove on it and become a solid starter down the line.

Perhaps you thought I was speaking of Alphonso Smith?

I still have high hopes for Smith but it appears nickle does not suit his talents and has much developing to do in order to become acclimated to the speed of the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by lolcopter View Post
                  both of these guys are better than dre bly or josh bell
                  Not really. Dre Bly is much better than Alphonso Smith and he can play the nickel corner well. Bly has been a good addition to the 49ers this season with 11 deflections, 2 picks and a forced fumble (though he had that silly fumble). Smith came from college as a great playmaker with top stats but he still did not show his game in the NFL.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                    Wait.. I don't think we're talking about the same player here lol.

I was saying Tony Carter has impressed me in his first NFL game and hopefully he can inprove on it and become a solid starter down the line.

Perhaps you thought I was speaking of Alphonso Smith?

I still have high hopes for Smith but it appears nickle does not suit his talents and has much developing to do in order to become acclimated to the speed of the NFL.
                    Oops.. my bad. I did think you were talking about Smith

Comment

Well.. I honestly didn't really get into the details.... but I was just thinking anytime you want your player to grab facemasks and punch the other players TRYING to get the official's attention... its not going to be POSITIVE for your team or player. :lol:
                      All Im saying is you cant just lay there and let him hold you as the clock dwindles down to 0. If there 30 or 40 sec on the clock then no he shouldnt grab or punch. On the last play he should have have becasue it could have drawn a flag. At least at the point you have a 50/50 shot on a flag being called on them. So what if its on you the game is OVER. If there would have been a flag for delay of game, and a personal foul, I wonder what would happen since it was after the play and 0 time on the clock?

Comment

I totally followed the wrong conversation here. I thought the poster you replied to was saying the Defender should have been penalized for holding Scheff and you were implying that it wouldn't have helped our team.

The egg nogg is stronger than I know.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
                          I totally followed the wrong conversation here. I thought the poster you replied to was saying the Defender should have been penalized for holding Scheff and you were implying that it wouldn't have helped our team.

The egg nogg is stronger than I know.
                          Whoot.... Happy Holidays!!

Comment

• Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
                            There were some bad calls, and I definitely think the league should review the Scheffler play[and plays like it] in the off-season because its clearly a delay of game. I was so pissed when he was holding Scheffler down, I just dont see how it wont be a delay of game penalty in the future. But we lost that game and theres really nothing we can do about it now.
                            Only about 4 Broncos players were within 10 yards so it didn't delay the game because the ball couldnt have been snapped anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by AFman2010 View Post
                              I could have sworn that the officials normally stop the clock long enough to move the chains to show the first down.

Am I wrong about the officials not even stopping the clock long enought to move the chains.

I sure thing the whole thing looked bad on the officials and the Raiders.
                              College football stops the clock to move the chains. Pro football does not, which is why teams need to run pass patterns that get receivers out of bounds to stop the clock when they have no timeouts.

For an example, see how the Chargers set up their winning FG against the Bengals by having their receiver run a pattern that got them in FG range and out of bounds.

There was no way the Broncos were getting another snap off, cause they needed to have all 11 offensive players there to spike the ball, which they didn't.

The refs made the right call. The Broncos made the wrong call by running a play that guaranteed the clock would expire.

So yes, you are wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                                I do see Smith trying but he is always in a bad place to make a play, or sometimes he makes a play anyways even those he is in a bad place or allot of times he just gets flat out beaten.

Maybe a injury has slowed him down.
                                Yeah he was also the one who got beat on a 3rd and long pass play against the Colts, which would have kept us down 21-16 with the Colts punting the ball back to us in the 4th Quarter of that game as well. 2 games in a row he's been the main culprit to falter when the game was on the line.
                                Play the football MMORPG called GOAL LINE BLITZ! You can create your own players and your own team! Sign up at this link :

http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=34994725

Comment

Working...
                                X