This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
    Moreno after this game has 3.9 average per carry.
    Why are we focusing on him in RZ situations after not having worked all season long, is baffling

To have Clady get involved in a critical offensive play in the red zone was utterly ridiculous. McD rather do that than give Hillis a shot. Unbelievable. And Jordan?
    Please. I've seen enough.
    Mcdaniels has a lot of growing up to do. When you consider he's only 33 years old and first time head coach in the National Football League, everything he does starts to make sense.
    Hopefully this will be a humbling experience when he looks back and think about those things he could've done differently...
    OH, I hear that. But what did we learn after the debacle in Indy? What were those red zone adjustments?

Run three times on 1st possesion
    USe Lamont Jordan in the RZ
    Trick play to Clady

Brandon Marshall is our best. Win/Lose with your best. You cannot scheme your way into the end zone.... Don't let the defense take away your best option, b/c you want to take what they give you.

8 red zone possessions the last 2 games. 3 TDs (all to BM). It's obvious.

Don't throw it to Gaff, or run it with Jordan, no screen or gimmicks.... Throw ball in the end zone to BM, Royal, Stoke, Scheff, Hillis.

Comment

• Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
      "from what we understand, someone in the stands is shining a laser in the eyes of the defense."
      I was at the game and the defense was facing north and the light was coming from the south. that means the light was aimed at the eyes of the offensive players.

liar

Comment

• Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
        We are a gap assignment D but Peterson has been neglecting his gaps. A few others have as well. This team seems to win when the D honors their gaps. Then the wins come and it seems people get over confident.
        Exactly. The end up thinking they are better than they are and go for the big play, when in reality, if they just stay disciplined they would end up making the play anyways. But at points today they reminded me of the D from last year. Just going for the big hit, whiffing, and watching the RB cruise through a wide open gap.
        Adopted 2010 Bronco: Chris Kuper
        Adopted 2011 Bronco: Brian Dawkins

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
          OH, I hear that. But what did we learn after the debacle in Indy? What were those red zone adjustments?

Run three times on 1st possesion
          USe Lamont Jordan in the RZ
          Trick play to Clady

Brandon Marshall is our best. Win/Lose with your best. You cannot scheme your way into the end zone.... Don't let the defense take away your best option, b/c you want to take what they give you.

8 red zone possessions the last 2 games. 3 TDs (all to BM). It's obvious.

Don't throw it to Gaff, or run it with Jordan, no screen or gimmicks.... Throw ball in the end zone to BM, Royal, Stoke, Scheff, Hillis.
          We're missing the vertical game.
          We have playmakers to be used down field; Marshall as you've mentioned, Scheffler, Stokley, Royal and Hillis. Those guys are proven ballers.
          sigpic
          I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
            McDaniels was givin this team he didnt pick the whole team.It seems the problem is many of Shannys picks are not producing,and McDaniels is trying to weed out the ones thats not out .He can only do so much with the players we have.You forget last season we were beat by a lot worse than this year.I see a lot more improvement with this season compared to last season.The Raiders only scored 20 points this season and last year they scored 31.The problem is not McDaniels,but Shannahan rejects.
            McDaniles is coach and GM of this team. He had COMPLETE CONTROL of the roster. The guys that are here are here because McD wanted them here. Trying to pin this on Shanahan is futile at best.

The bottom line here, I suspect, is McD the GM is holding back McD the coach. So much for Pat running the show This team needs a true GM!

Comment

McDaniles is coach and GM of this team. He had COMPLETE CONTROL of the roster. The guys that are here are here because McD wanted them here. Trying to pin this on Shanahan is futile at best.

The bottom line here, I suspect, is McD the GM is holding back McD the coach. So much for Pat running the show This team needs a true GM!
              Honestly, it's not a talent issue.

We have virtually the exact same players on offense this season that we had last season, when we had the 2nd ranked offense in the NFL. We even have more stability and depth at runningback. The only difference is Cutler.

So either you believe that Cutler is really THAT good and Orton THAT much worse, or you have to pin some of this on the head coach and his playcalling, which has been conservative enough to call it Reeves-like, yet mind-boggling stupid at other times to make Belichick do double takes.

Seriously, screen pass to Clady? There's just no excusing that.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos1997 View Post
                if someone else already tried it then correct me if i'm wrong but i believe it looks like this, if we lose to philly then:

the ravens will probably make it over us since the only way we beat them is if they lose out which isn't likely considering they play the steelers and the raiders.

the next two teams are the jaguars followed by the jets. we would need both of those teams to lose one game each; the jets wouldn't be to much of a problem since they play the colts and the bengals. the jags play cleveland week 17 so the big game will be jags vs. new england week 16 which we want them to lose by all costs. then we're in
                I live in Jacksonville and the Patriots is not the GAME! Jacksonville will beat the Patriots and lose to the Browns, thats just the type of team they are!
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                  Honestly, it's not a talent issue.

We have virtually the exact same players on offense this season that we had last season, when we had the 2nd ranked offense in the NFL. We even have more stability and depth at runningback. The only difference is Cutler.

So either you believe that Cutler is really THAT good and Orton THAT much worse, or you have to pin some of this on the head coach and his playcalling, which has been conservative enough to call it Reeves-like, yet mind-boggling stupid at other times to make Belichick do double takes.

Seriously, screen pass to Clady? There's just no excusing that.
                  Youre Preaching to the choir. I was simply responding to the other poster trying to pin this on Shanahan

That pass to clady should have infuriated the skill players on O. It basically tells them McD thinks a big fat Tackle who never catches the ball or runs with it is their best scoring threat from 10 out. Forget a fade to Marshall or Gaffney or Scheffler He is lucky Clady didn't lose a knee or ankle!

Our O playbook is horrendous! We run the same formation non stop.

He refuses to run a healthy Hillis for God knows what reason.

He refuses to use the middle of the field or seems. NOtice the Scheff play worked. Too bad it was the last play.

No stones to go for it on 4th. You play to win. He played scared. We all can go on for days here.

Comment

• McDaniels may be GREAT as a QB coach...but he SUCKS as an offensive coordinator. I am so sick of him calling the same crappy plays that never work...say...Run right, get stuffed...umm...run right, get stuffed....REPEAT! This guy is NO offensive genius...he is just offensive, period.

This team will NEVER win anything until they get an offensive coordinator that knows what he's doing.

Oh and uh...ORTON(as much as I like him) is DEFINITELY NOT THE ANSWER!!!

This team is garbage and will finish 8-8...BOOK IT! This team never steps up when they need to and this i a trend that has carried over from the Shanny era.

All you can say is that they were picked to only win maybe 4 games this year...looking at the season that way...it's been a success. Other than that...mediocrity at its best!

:SIGH: Another long offseason...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutler623 View Post
                      I know it is every one's favorite game to criticize his play calling but the fact of the matter is THE PLAYERS got there but kicked in the first half of this game because they took this game to lightly. I do not blame Mcd for that because the coach can preach all week about not taking teams lightly but players do it anyway. I am as bummed as anyone else about missing the playoffs again but Mcdaniels is not the only reason so stop making it sound that way.
                      LOLZ

Starting almost every first down with a run with Moreno to the right?

Do you realize how pathetic the play calling was today?

Comment

• We need to win out.
                        There are other 6 teams behind us at 7-7 righ now.
                        Last edited by dragster69; 12-20-2009, 11:20 PM.
                        sigpic
                        I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

We started 6-0 and are 2-6 since! He was brought to this team OVER DEFENSIVE minded coaches for all of his offensive prowess. He has yet to improve this unit. He got HIS QB and still regressed. I know we were #2 in yards only but we aren't even close to that this year.

Our record is a direct result of Mike Nolan and B Dawk more than anything else.
                          Or you could say we went 6-4 and 2-2 since. Just a matter of how you word it but regardless, we are 8-6 and hold destiny in our own hands.

As for you giving credit for Nolan and B-Dawk...let me ask you, whose idea was it to bring in those two guys? Oh yeah, Josh McDaniels!!!!!

Anybody want to take a guess on what Bellicheck's rookie record was? How about Bill Cowhur?
                          "The Bears treat offense as if it's the bubonic plague."
                          -Tony Kornheiser

Goodnight Canada!!!!

Comment

• McD was able to hide the kinks in the armor during their 6 game streak. But they are now exposed as who they really are. Everyone now knows that the team has a hard time stopping a power running game. If they do make it to the post season, they are gonna get a heavy dose of running from who ever they play. Cincy has a massive O-Line with LJ the Broncos killer on the bench. The Chargers will just pass because Rivers does not fear or respect the secondary. And we already know what Manning can do to this team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kornheiser Fan View Post
                              Or you could say we went 6-4 and 2-2 since. Just a matter of how you word it but regardless, we are 8-6 and hold destiny in our own hands.

As for you giving credit for Nolan and B-Dawk...let me ask you, whose idea was it to bring in those two guys? Oh yeah, Josh McDaniels!!!!!

Anybody want to take a guess on what Bellicheck's rookie record was? How about Bill Cowhur?
                              The easiest way to say it is we were 6-0 and 2-6. Exactly as it played out. Sure McD should get credit for bringing those guys here however, that isn't to say he shouldn't be criticised for not handling his side of the ball!

Comment

• Thanks and well said! it's what I've been saying all night. And yes I am disapointed with tonights loss, but I am in no means saying we are done for the season.

and let's say worse case scenario we lose the next 2. That put's us at 8-8 which beats most people's expecations. I would be really sad if we lost the next 2 and I am not saying that it is ok to lose to KC at home. I am just saying in Aug most people said there was no way would go 6-10 let alone 9-7 or even 8-8

as my sig says. I bleed orange and blue a broncos fan through and through. :go:
                                I bleed Orange and Blue a Broncos fan through and through!

Comment

Working...
                                X