Why is eveyrone changing their tunes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is eveyrone changing their tunes?

Before the season started, (Pre Season included) every sports writer, and most fans were predicting a 4-12 season. Most fans on this board said they would be very happy going 8-8. Playoffs was not even a thought on anyones mind. This was supposed to be a rebuilding year. New faces, new coach, new offense and defensive scheme. Something most people wouldn't be able to grasp in one off season. Gone is Jay Cutler the "Franchise" Quarterback.

Fast Forward to Week 16 and now we have a shot at the playoffs. THE PLAYOFFS!!!!! this is something we haven't seen since the 2005 season when Plummer was our QB. Not in my wildest dreams did I think we would be going for a playoff spot. Why don't you negative people be happy for the successful season, and sit back and watch what this team can grow in to in years to come. Things could be worst. We could be 5-9 like Chicago.

Always remember to blow out the flame before drinking!!!!

Originally posted by Bokyong View Post
    Before the season started, (Pre Season included) every sports writer, and most fans were predicting a 4-12 season. Most fans on this board said they would be very happy going 8-8. Playoffs was not even a thought on anyones mind. This was supposed to be a rebuilding year. New faces, new coach, new offense and defensive scheme. Something most people wouldn't be able to grasp in one off season. Gone is Jay Cutler the "Franchise" Quarterback.

Fast Forward to Week 16 and now we have a shot at the playoffs. THE PLAYOFFS!!!!! this is something we haven't seen since the 2005 season when Plummer was our QB. Not in my wildest dreams did I think we would be going for a playoff spot. Why don't you negative people be happy for the successful season, and sit back and watch what this team can grow in to in years to come. Things could be worst. We could be 5-9 like Chicago.
    AMEN, brother.
    Owned:
    sigpic

Comment

Sooooo, mediocrity should be accepted as long as it's polished by low expectations?
      Screw that, I say SuperBowl-or-Bust!!! :go:

Comment

Sheesh. I am sick and tired of this talk.

The over/under was 7 wins. No one but a few dimwits were predicting 4-12. This isn't oakland. The Broncos always do [pretty well in the regular season.

I thought Broncos fans were smarter than this. 8-6 in a crappy division and with a miracle win in the first week is not the salvation I am sure you guys were looking for.

But hey, at least you guys dont have "Cuttie", and the defense is looking much better than last year.

Comment

Originally posted by sage View Post
          Sooooo, mediocrity should be accepted as long as it's polished by low expectations?
          Then you'll be disapointed because we wont win the Superbowl every year. Yes Mediocrity should be accepted this season because everything is new. Now if we stay like this for the next 3 years then yes something needs to change. All I'm saying is be happy for this season that we're doing better than expected.

Always remember to blow out the flame before drinking!!!!

Comment

Because when alot of Bronco fans didn't have hope for this season, McD gave us Hope & we got SPOILED when we went 6-0! If/when we make it to the playoffs and if/when we make it pass the 1st rd, just like we said with Marshall, he will be alright, winning cures all, they same thing applies with the Bronco Nation! I know one thing, Bowlen don't change coaches like he does underwear so we might as well support Josh or jump off the ship! :go:
            sigpic

Comment

I take it you were not watching last season when the team had a 3 game lead in the division?

What about the year before when they were knocked off at week 15 by the Texans.

Or the year before where they lost to the niners.

3 years in a row with a shot at the playoffs.

Back to back years with a "shot" at the playoffs.

Comment

[QUOTE=Bokyong;3082091]Before the season started, (Pre Season included) every sports writer, and most fans were predicting a 4-12 season. Most fans on this board said they would be very happy going 8-8. Playoffs was not even a thought on anyones mind. This was supposed to be a rebuilding year. New faces, new coach, new offense and defensive scheme. Something most people wouldn't be able to grasp in one off season. Gone is Jay Cutler the "Franchise" Quarterback.

Fast Forward to Week 16 and now we have a shot at the playoffs. THE PLAYOFFS!!!!! this is something we haven't seen since the 2005 season when Plummer was our QB. Not in my wildest dreams did I think we would be going for a playoff spot. Why don't you negative people be happy for the successful season, and sit back and watch what this team can grow in to in years to come. Things could be worst. We could be 5-9 like Chicago.[/QUOTE]

1) I'm not happy because we've had chances. We've had the same chances we've seemingly had for three years, and just like the last two, we have thus far blown those chances. We had 1st and goal on the 2 yard line. Instead of bringing in the heavy package and pounding the ball in, we pass (fail), run (fail), pass (fail). Unacceptable. You have a chance to end the game. END IT! Six feet, that is all that stood between us and a playoff guarantee. Now we have to go into one of the most hostile places on the planet and win.

2. Really? Things could be worst? First of all, it's worse, second of all, who cares. I'm supposed to be happy with our failed opportunities because our record could be worse? That's insane. I don't watch the Broncos for amusement. I watch them because I have dedicated my fandom to their franchise. I beg and plead with them to win, every game, every year. It could be worse describes somebody elses expectations, not mine.
                All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

My CD player always plays "GO BRONCOS" so my tune never changes!!!

My family and friends always ask why I take the Broncos so seriously. This is the answer plain and simple. Outside of my family and friends nothing matters to me more than the Broncos. They are my life outside of my family and friends. When we win I am happy, when we lose I am sad.

I expect them to compete as a powerhouse every season no matter what their talent level is. That is just what I expect and demand from my team. Weather it happens or not is determined by the seasons results. No matter what those results are I stand by my team.

So, no my tune has not changed. It never will.

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
                  Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
                  Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
                  Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
                  I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

Then you'll be disapointed because we wont win the Superbowl every year. Yes Mediocrity should be accepted this season because everything is new. Now if we stay like this for the next 3 years then yes something needs to change. All I'm saying is be happy for this season that we're doing better than expected.
                    For the underdeveloped, like LittleLeague or the SpecialOlympics, there's no harm in giving trophies to the losers and congratulating them for doing their best, but we're talking about grown men playing professional sports. It's nearly insanity (the terms 'apathetic' and 'delusional' come to mind) to think however the Broncos do is fine because it could be, or should be, worse according to 'expert' preseason predictions.
                    I suggest a little less sun and ma'o hau hele pollen to find your way back to reality.

Comment

Well I can tell you this, I predicted 3-13, which was wrong. I was wrong. Hey everyone I was wrong. Me, I, was wrong. Is that enough?

Anyway, my WRONG prediction aside, that doesn't mean when you are 8-6 on the brink of slipping in OR out of the playoffs, on a 2-6 slide, and more importantly, not looking impressive on the football field, the real question becomes....
                      Why is everyone so "positive" about this team?
                      What happened to that old "We Bronco fans have high standards, around here is we aren't winning Super Bowls, heads need to roll."

People who were with McDaniels' regime from the start will back him longer than they normally would because it has been such a divisive issue. Well, forget your self-perception as a fan, 2-6 slides shouldn't satisfy any of us, period.

Comment

I agree.
                        No matter what, we expect always better. To think that after the debacle of a off-season we had, that we would still think we wouldn't many games while was not real. At lest in the back of our minds we were hoping to be wrong. No fan thinks their teams will not be good, I don't care who you root for.

I for one was expecting play-offs and I didn't have any reason to believe we would be worse than we were last year.
                        Now, our headcoach set the expectations for us. The way he drafted, and the way he signed FA players, told us he wanted to win now.
                        After starting 6-0 you're not going to turn the switch and say, oh well, we weren't supposed to be good. It's ok if after we start fast at 6-0 go 2-6 the rest of the way.
                        Come on, even the greatest homers in this place would even consider giving McD a pass for that...
                        sigpic
                        I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

What the heck are you talking about? Playoffs? We've been in this situation the past 4 years. Just because we were predicted a horrid season doesn't mean we'll be ecstatic when jamunchies russels leads a game winning drive on us.

Comment

The only reason expectations were so low is because Bowlen fired the coach and the coach destroyed the team before rebuilding it.

Sorry but not going to give the Broncos credit for overcoming something they self inflicted.
                            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Mediocre teams go to the playoffs do they?

The fact that the team is improved over last year's isn't a good sign, apparently.

Yes, the ultimate goal is the Super Bowl. If that's the expectation one came into the season with however, I'd have to say that it was a tad unrealistic.

In fact, one could argue that someone with that mind-set was simply looking for an excuse to be depressed.

Comment

Working...
                              X