Eddie Royal or DeSean Jackson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eddie Royal or DeSean Jackson?

They were both available when we drafted Royal. But if you had the chance to go back would you still take Royal or Jackson. Personally I love Royal but I think passing on Jackson was a mistake. I fallowed em at Cal and wanted the Broncos to take em very bad at the time. . .
    Royal
    33.87%
    Jackson
    66.13%
    sigpic
    MILE HIGH TIL I DIE!!!

Both are great returners and good young Wr's. But honestly I'd take eddie royal. He does some damn good rout running. I know desean is about the fastest WR in the league right now, but give eddie a chance and he can do some serious damage.

Comment

Please do you need to ask? Eddie Royal is no where near the player that DJ is.
      Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Royal has proven his worth. He was a big contributor for us last year.
        This year he has not been used as he should, and his skills are still the same but he's more experience.
        No, I wouldn't trade him, especially when I haven't seen enough of DJ to have a good idea...
        sigpic
        I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

Desean is maybe the fastest wide out in football but Royal is a great rout runner. If Denver had a good WR to play 2nd to Marshall in Royal was the 3rd guy he would have more yards and TDs. Royal has class, Jackson doesn't.
          Lets not forget the Run he had then drop the ball before getting into the endzone. He shows off to much, he's a classless wide out.
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I would take Royal! Marshall has had some issues and D. Jax had character issues in college, so my #1 & #2 got issues, that wouldn't be good! My OPINION and we will never know, but if Shanny was still here Royal numbers probably would be very similiar to D. Jax if not better! I know alot of us don't like Jamie Dukes(NFL Network) but when we made the Cutler trade, he said that he felt bad for Royal because his stats was gonna be down!
            sigpic

Comment

DeSean Jackson of course. Royal is a good returner. Jackson is an elite returner. Royal is a great receiver. Jackson is an elite receiver. Both are great route runners. But Royal is still much better than what we've seen from him this season. We just have to give him the ball. His longest catch covered 20 yards, that's ridiculous. He was a great pick, zero regrets.
              sigpic

Comment

How can you not choose Desean Jackson..?

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                Desean is maybe the fastest wide out in football but Royal is a great rout runner. If Denver had a good WR to play 2nd to Marshall in Royal was the 3rd guy he would have more yards and TDs. Royal has class, Jackson doesn't.
                Lets not forget the Run he had then drop the ball before getting into the endzone. He shows off to much, he's a classless wide out.
                And you talk like Desean is a crappy route runner, the guy is a very good route runner, better than Royal. But Royal is classier!!!
                Last edited by RaiderFanSD; 12-23-2009, 11:45 PM.

Comment

I picked Eddie Royal. Desean is very good. But Eddie is a nice guy who never complains. I believe that Eddie Royal would do great in a different offensive system. McDaniels system plus Orton is not workign out for him.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
                    LMAO how can you not choose Desean Jackson..?

And you talk like Desean is a crappy route runner, the guy is a very good route runner, better than Royal. But Royal is classier!!!
                    I'll tell you how. Royal is a class act, Desean is FAR from it. I like the Eagles, and watch every game, DVR them when they play at the same time Broncos do. Jackson is a tool, enough said. I'd take Royal over Jackson. Royal has just had an off year.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
                      How can you not choose Desean Jackson..?

Jax is a really good rout runner but Royal is better. If Royal had the speed like Jackson The players names would not be in the same speak of breath.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Broncos:
                      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by Orange&Blue19 View Post
                        I'll tell you how. Royal is a class act, Desean is FAR from it. I like the Eagles, and watch every game, DVR them when they play at the same time Broncos do. Jackson is a tool, enough said. I'd take Royal over Jackson. Royal has just had an off year.
                        Kyle Orton is doing the same thing Dante Culpepper does with Calvin Johnson, Orton only gives the ball to Marshall in if he's pressured he give it to Graham.
                        Dante does that with Detroit,only passing the ball to Calvin.(hints why he's back up) only reason Orton starts is cause our back-up are trash and he's Josh's guy,you can't bench the guy you got for cutler. If the 21 catches Marshall had was split with Royal this thread would not exist.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Broncos:
                        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

idk anymore it's close, but I just don't see Eddie destroyin' people like him.....let's just say it this way, picture if we had D Jax this year....I mean I think he'd beast...he doesn't even have a Marshall and he tears it up

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                            idk anymore it's close, but I just don't see Eddie destroyin' people like him.....let's just say it this way, picture if we had D Jax this year....I mean I think he'd beast...he doesn't even have a Marshall and he tears it up
                            Jackson would be crying because he doesn't get the ball enough. Eddie takes it in stride because he sees the bigger picture. Now if we had an elite quarterback like McNabb, Royal would be putting up crazy numbers too.
                            sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Jackson wins.

I think any Bronco fan who says Royal is being a homer. No offense, but right now, Jackson is playing at a higher level, he is a top 5 WR while Royal isn't even top 10.

They both have I would say equal physical talent, both speedy guys and very elusive after the catch.

The thing that gives Jackson the edge is I believe he understands the west coast offense that is run in Philly more than Royal is understanding a completely different offense in McDaniels that he is not used to... he had a very productive year under Shanahan's offense.

So it's not fair to say Royal is not anywhere near Jackson, because he is learning a new system while Jackson is used to the same one that has been run for his entire 2 years.

Plus it doesn't help to have McNabb throwing rather than Orton.
                              Rivers is deciding to play bad, just to see how it feels.

Comment

Working...
                              X