Eddie Royal or DeSean Jackson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neleus2 View Post
    So, you would have removed Shannon Sharpe from the Broncos team and replaced him with another TE? You think you would have went to the SB without him?
    I said unless the drop-off in talent was so great that it made it a no-brainer.
    If you replaced Shannon with someone with close to the same talent? Perhaps not quite as fast, or not quite as sure handed, but still a top talent TE? Denver still goes to and wins those SB's.

No one player is responsible for winning or losing games purely on their athletic ability and skill alone. It's a team sport, and yes, you need talent to win games but you also need faith in your team mates on each and every play. You have to trust that not only will they do their job on each play, but also that they won't commit stupid penalties that can cost the team the ballgame.

One of my favorite Shannon Sharpe moments was when he made Derrick Thomas (Chiefs LB) so mad that the man committed 4 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties in a row and was almost ejected from the game before the coach could get him off the field for the rest of the 1st 1/2. All Shannon did was talk to him. I have no idea what was said, and I'm relatively sure it wasn't an invitation to church that evening, but it made Thomas furious.

Even with all of Shannon's mouth though he was a team player for the most part. However, if he "did" cause problems for the team, disrupt the locker room, or act like a prima donna (and I believe he did from what I can remember....at least complaining that the ball wasn't being thrown to him often enough) then the next question was, who could you get to replace him? The man was one of the best TE's to ever play the game. At the time he was in his prime I don't believe there was another TE out there who could come close. Certainly not as close as Royal has shown he can be to Jackson.

Comment

Both are good recievers and returners- the difference is that Philly stretches the field. If we had Desean he wouldn't be putting up the numbers he has in Philly because we don't throw the ball deep.

Royal is a class act and great locker room guy- the type of solid PERSON you want on your team.

I can't help but feel we are wasting his talent this year but he would be the last person to say this.

Comment

Originally posted by 91bronco View Post
        Both are good recievers and returners- the difference is that Philly stretches the field. If we had Desean he wouldn't be putting up the numbers he has in Philly because we don't throw the ball deep.

Royal is a class act and great locker room guy- the type of solid PERSON you want on your team.

I can't help but feel we are wasting his talent this year but he would be the last person to say this.
        I agree, compare this years stats with Orton with last years stats with Cutler.
        Orton doesn't throw deep, Jay always.
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosojia View Post
          Right, because being a nice guy makes you an elite player.
          Right...because I said he was an elite player, must have missed where I said that....mind point that out for me?

I gave my opinion on why I would choose Eddie.

Incompetence at its finest, congrats Broncosojia, quite the honor.

Comment

Unfair comparisons. Royal could be just as good if he were in Philly with Mcabb, who is an excellent deep ball QB. Jackson in this weak offense would maybe be better with that stupid bubble screen. But Jackson would not have the opportunity to have all of those 50= yard TD's, unless he took all of those screens to the house.

Comment

i voted Jckson, altho i think they're equally good, and If Jackson was here he would have zero touchdowns as well, and vice versa...
              ^_^

Comment

I would say Royal and hope that what we are seeing with Eddie is sophmore slump mixed with still learning a new offense and a new qb.. plus other than Shannon Sharp i have never like the over the top cocky players... Jackson is playing at a high lvl rightnow but evertime i see him he seems to be trying to draw attention to himself as if he is more important than his team. Eddie always seems to be the exact opposite, he fits in the mold of players like TD and Rod that made Denver a very good team in many ways

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                  Unfair comparisons. Royal could be just as good if he were in Philly with Mcabb, who is an excellent deep ball QB. Jackson in this weak offense would maybe be better with that stupid bubble screen. But Jackson would not have the opportunity to have all of those 50= yard TD's, unless he took all of those screens to the house.
                  I think this has a lot to do with it.... BUT....

Royal doesn't have DeSean's speed. Royal is a much better route runner, but DeSean's speed kills.

Comment

I'd rather have Eddie Royal, because he doesn't fumble the football when entering the end zone....untouched.
                    Last edited by Peerless; 12-24-2009, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Desean Jackson last year had 62 catches for 912 yards & 1 TD (he also had 1 PR Tds).

Eddie Royal last year had 91 catches for 980 yards & 5 TD.

I think both had 43 1st downs. Still, I would say YEAR-1 went to Eddie Royal.

You can't even compare the two this year (although both have 2 return Td on special teams).

DJ is a faster and (obviously) the better deep-threat. DJ & B-Marsh would be lethal. I think DJ also runs good routes, just not as crisp as ER.

Here's the deal...

There was NO DOUBT that DJ was a solid player when he came out. A top-15 projected pick. There was a reason why EVERY TEAM passed on him (some twice).... HIS ATTITUDE.

For example, how do you think DJ would handle the situation if he were here in DEN, in Royal's cleats? DO you think he would keep silent and act professionally?

Shanny clearly wanted to change the culture..... he passed on headaches like DJ.

Even if DJ were here, and he was quiet, he still wouldn;t have the numbers. We barely throw the ball over 10 yards (and DJ only catches balls over 20).

DJ is talented. SO is Eddie.

Comment

I have always been a Jackson fan.If i was the GM last season i would have picked Jackson over Royal.Jackson was always electrifying with Cal Bears.They have another player over there by the name of Javid Best,the guy brings it too.

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                          Desean Jackson last year had 62 catches for 912 yards & 1 TD (he also had 1 PR Tds).

Eddie Royal last year had 91 catches for 980 yards & 5 TD.

I think both had 43 1st downs. Still, I would say YEAR-1 went to Eddie Royal.

You can't even compare the two this year (although both have 2 return Td on special teams).

DJ is a faster and (obviously) the better deep-threat. DJ & B-Marsh would be lethal. I think DJ also runs good routes, just not as crisp as ER.

Here's the deal...

There was NO DOUBT that DJ was a solid player when he came out. A top-15 projected pick. There was a reason why EVERY TEAM passed on him (some twice).... HIS ATTITUDE.

For example, how do you think DJ would handle the situation if he were here in DEN, in Royal's cleats? DO you think he would keep silent and act professionally?

Shanny clearly wanted to change the culture..... he passed on headaches like DJ.

Even if DJ were here, and he was quiet, he still wouldn;t have the numbers. We barely throw the ball over 10 yards (and DJ only catches balls over 20).

DJ is talented. SO is Eddie.
                          Great points. This is exactly why Royal was taken instead of DJ, and last year when we pushed the ball downfield, Royal showed his worth over jackson. Now that we are running a 3 yrd route system, Jackson is looking to be teh better option.

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                            McNabb is not elite by any means....Rivers, Brees, Brady, and Manning are elite

Orton just is below or at average bro
                            McNabb is NOT a ELITE QB, he's good but not ELITE!

To me McNabb sometimes lacks consistency! If you notice the year before last and maybe 1 or 2 more years before than, McNabb would have some terrible games and he seemed to always get his act together when Andy Reid would bench him!

The Superbowl between the Eagles & Pats in Jacksonville made me SICK to my STOMACH! How are you in the last drive of the game, you're down by a couple of points and there is no sense of urgency from him, they was taking their time in the huddle & was slow poking to the LOS! Of course the lost the game, but ELITE QB PERFORMS BETTER THAT THAT! :salute!:
                            sigpic

Comment

jackson is a stud

eddie's rookie season was the byproduct of being unknown and having b-marsh draw away coverage

eddie is a crisp route-runner, but jackson is better in every other way

Comment

Originally posted by lolcopter View Post
                                jackson is a stud

eddie's rookie season was the byproduct of being unknown and having b-marsh draw away coverage

eddie is a crisp route-runner, but jackson is better in every other way
                                Again, thats going to have to be proved. Every rookie is unknown. If Royal only had the ONE game against Oakland, that would make sense. But not 90 catches later.

I think the difference between them right now, is that Philly has a QB that is better than a 3 yrd passer.

Comment

Working...
                                X