McD holding Orton Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McD holding Orton Back

I think coach is holding Orton back. It seems all McD calls are bubble screens and quick slants most of the time. I don't care what people say about Kyle's arm it is strong enough to throw 50 yards. I'm not saying throw it 50 yards 10 times in a game I just want to see a lot more 15-20 yards throws which I know Kyle can do. Asante Samuel is a gambler so I say pump fake towards him so he will over jump the route and B-Marsh will do a double move and hit him for 6. Marshall and most of our receivers will be in man coverage most of the day because of the Eagles blitzes.
    sigpic

Originally posted by KnoMo#27 View Post
    I think coach is holding Orton back. It seems all McD calls are bubble screens and quick slants most of the time. I don't care what people say about Kyle's arm it is strong enough to throw 50 yards. I'm not saying throw it 50 yards 10 times in a game I just want to see a lot more 15-20 yards throws which I know Kyle can do. Asante Samuel is a gambler so I say pump fake towards him so he will over jump the route and B-Marsh will do a double move and hit him for 6. Marshall and most of our receivers will be in man coverage most of the day because of the Eagles blitzes.
    I do wonder why we don't stretch the field more often....people can talk about ortons noodle arm till they are blue in the face but the dude is capable of throwing deep (don't believe me, look no further than the last play last week that was a beautiful 39 yard bullet)
    sigpic

Comment

I think its the opposite. I think Orton is holding McDaniels back. Orton does have decent arm strength, but he can't hit a WR in stride past 10 yards (consistently anyway). This is why Royal's catches (and YAC) are so low this year.

Dont get me wrong I like Orton. He is a good guy and a good leader, but this offense doesn't hit on all cylinders with Orton at the helm. That being said he has played well (not great) and can keep us competitive for the time being. IMO he just isn't the long term answer.

Comment

And even when McDaniels calls deep routes Orton hesitates to throw many times. I already saw our receivers getting open deep... The guy just likes to keep things short. That's one of the reasons why we lost to Baltimore and Pittsburgh.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KnoMo#27 View Post
          I dont think JmD is holding Orton back. I think that our o-line play has made JmD very hesitant about calling certain things .
          "(Touchdowns) are the goal," Orton said. "You can run for as many yards as you want, throw for as many yards as you want, but you have to convert to seven points. I think we're going to be explosive, be dynamic, be versatile."

"Perception is everything in this league, and a lot of times, unless you're a self-promoter, it can become negative," - Kyle Orton

Kyle Orton Army member #83 :logo: :smug:

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
            And even when McDaniels calls deep routes Orton hesitates to throw many times. I already saw our receivers getting open deep... The guy just likes to keep things short. That's one of the reasons why we lost to Baltimore and Pittsburgh.
            Don't forget Washington either. Both TD passes to Marshall were poorly thrown (Marshall had to make huge adjustments to catch both passes, even though he was wide open), and he missed a wide (WIDE) open Royal which likely would have won us the game.

Like I said, I like Orton, but I think he is limiting this offense (not McDaniels).

Comment

Well I think the overall play of our QB has cost us games, but I'm still not decided on if I think it's him or the playcalling given to him. All I know is if we stretched the field more often it'd keep defense more honest and open up things better for knowshon. The problem with the way things are now defenses know we're not going deep so they'll defend the run and blitz more often knowing there is little to know chance it's going to come back to burn them. That's the big difference between Cutler last year and Orton this year, defenses respected Cutlers ability and I don't think they do that with Orton. I think knowshon would have been a beast in last years offense.

I don't know if it's Orton holding Orton back or McD but the QB is going to be the key to our offense improving one way or another.
              sigpic

Comment

I guess we will find out what McDaniels thinks about this during free agency/draft.
                sigpic

Comment

I guess we will find out what McDaniels thinks about this during free agency/draft.
                  Well I think the bears draft pick is going to turn into a QB, but orton will still be starting next year until the rookie is ready to go.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                    Don't forget Washington either. Both TD passes to Marshall were poorly thrown (Marshall had to make huge adjustments to catch both passes, even though he was wide open), and he missed a wide (WIDE) open Royal which likely would have won us the game.

Like I said, I like Orton, but I think he is limiting this offense (not McDaniels).
                    lol but they were td passes right ? and Royal hesitated if he doesnt hesitate that ball hits him right in stride and its a td . Marshall had to make huge adjustments ? man please just log back on to your other account .
                    "(Touchdowns) are the goal," Orton said. "You can run for as many yards as you want, throw for as many yards as you want, but you have to convert to seven points. I think we're going to be explosive, be dynamic, be versatile."

"Perception is everything in this league, and a lot of times, unless you're a self-promoter, it can become negative," - Kyle Orton

Comment

Originally posted by KO8pectate View Post
                      lol but they were td passes right ? and Royal hesitated if he doesnt hesitate that ball hits him right in stride and its a td . Marshall had to make huge adjustments ? man please just log back on to your other account .
                      And that's the way the QB hate game goes.

"Well, yeah, he DID throw 2 HUGE TD passes, but, they were less than perfect, even though they WERE caught, and he missed a guy on the next one because he hesitated...which is totally the QB's fault...QB won't be good in my eyes until every single offensive play is a 60 yard TD, IMO"

Yes people, this is REALLY how you sound.
                      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Orton is as good as gone next year. He doesn't have the zip to go deep, and that's what McDaniel's offense was all about in NE.

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                          And that's the way the QB hate game goes.

"Well, yeah, he DID throw 2 HUGE TD passes, but, they were less than perfect, even though they WERE caught, and he missed a guy on the next one because he hesitated...which is totally the QB's fault...QB won't be good in my eyes until every single offensive play is a 60 yard TD, IMO"

Yes people, this is REALLY how you sound.
                          Yep it doesnt matter how many times you show them that they are wrong its there story and they are sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LongTimeDenvFan View Post
                            Orton is as good as gone next year. He doesn't have the zip to go deep, and that's what McDaniel's offense was all about in NE.
                            Yet the last time McDaniels let Orton fling it, he was 11-18 for 193 with 2 TDs. That was what...week 10? Come on man...
                            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                              Yet the last time McDaniels let Orton fling it, he was 11-18 for 193 with 2 TDs. That was what...week 10? Come on man...

Srsly?

On both of those big plays Marshall was WIDE OPEN. There's wasn't a defender within 20 yards of him. Chad Pennington could've made that throw.

The rest of that yardage were check downs and short passes.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X