X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    Well I think the bears draft pick is going to turn into a QB
    haha, yeah right
    Last edited by lolcopter; 12-24-2009, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
      I think its the opposite. I think Orton is holding McDaniels back. Orton does have decent arm strength, but he can't hit a WR in stride past 10 yards (consistently anyway). This is why Royal's catches (and YAC) are so low this year.

Dont get me wrong I like Orton. He is a good guy and a good leader, but this offense doesn't hit on all cylinders with Orton at the helm. That being said he has played well (not great) and can keep us competitive for the time being. IMO he just isn't the long term answer.
      Couldn't have said it better myself. Cp to you.
      sigpic

"The Man, the Myth, the Legend"

Comment

Originally posted by KnoMo#27 View Post
        I think coach is holding Orton back. It seems all McD calls are bubble screens and quick slants most of the time. I don't care what people say about Kyle's arm it is strong enough to throw 50 yards. I'm not saying throw it 50 yards 10 times in a game I just want to see a lot more 15-20 yards throws which I know Kyle can do. Asante Samuel is a gambler so I say pump fake towards him so he will over jump the route and B-Marsh will do a double move and hit him for 6. Marshall and most of our receivers will be in man coverage most of the day because of the Eagles blitzes.
        Might be some truth here. One thing I've noticed of late, the team does better the more Orton throws. Look at our scoring drives the last few games: most of them are when we pass significantly more than we run. If Buck isn't in, I'd like to see us run more of an Indy-style offense--just use the run sparingly to keep the defense honest. And I think if we ran less often, but did it in a variety of situations, the running game might actually be more effective.

Clearly, running in obvious short-yardage situations is a joke. When the defense anticipates our runs, our O-line gets pwned.
        Respect...it's earned, not given.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
          Yet the last time McDaniels let Orton fling it, he was 11-18 for 193 with 2 TDs. That was what...week 10? Come on man...
          Yeah, well, that was garbage yardage. Orton is not a terrible QB, but he can't fling it. Let's just be honest.
          sigpic

Comment

I definitely think Orton has some problems too. His pocket awareness seems wonky at times. There is a notable time difference between his 1st and 2nd looks. He also takes sacks sometimes where I KNOW he could have gotten out of it.

On the positive side, when he does show some escapability, his eyes are always down field, and he's getting comfortable enough to start pump faking again.
            I'll give him that , he does look good when escaping the pocket. Maybe we should try rolling him out more often.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thinkin101 View Post
              I'll give him that , he does look good when escaping the pocket. Maybe we should try rolling him out more often.

are you talking about Orton????

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                I think its the opposite. I think Orton is holding McDaniels back. Orton does have decent arm strength, but he can't hit a WR in stride past 10 yards (consistently anyway). This is why Royal's catches (and YAC) are so low this year.

Dont get me wrong I like Orton. He is a good guy and a good leader, but this offense doesn't hit on all cylinders with Orton at the helm. That being said he has played well (not great) and can keep us competitive for the time being. IMO he just isn't the long term answer.
                I completely agree here. Orton's stats are only good because his coach plays him safe.

Royal isnt used because his speed makes him more of a downfield threat and we dont gamplan to go downfield unless we had a QB with that kind of accuracy.

Comment

Maybe if we had a back that could run, there wouldn't be 45 guys in the box every down.
                  sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Maybe if we had a back that could run, there wouldn't be 45 guys in the box every down.
                    Huh? If there are extra men in the box a decent QB or even coach would audible out of a run...

Or

Not pass it only 5-10 yards since extra men in the box can drop back and defend against the dunken donut passing scheme....

Comment

Originally posted by Uptown View Post
                      Huh? If there are extra men in the box a decent QB or even coach would audible out of a run...

Or

Not pass it only 5-10 yards since extra men in the box can drop back and defend against the dunken donut passing scheme....
                      I was being sarcastic. Or drunk. You decide.
                      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Well, Orton threw two 40 yard bullets in the final seconds of the Oakland loss. One to Marshall that he dropped, one to Scheffler that he caught. That showed me arm strength and deep accuracy.

The guy certainly has the ability, it's a question of playcalling due to a poor O-line and a lack of a deep threat, or a question of Orton's psyche and playing it too safe.

Comment

Even broken clocks are right twice a day. I don't think Orton has the deep accuracy, and I'm not talking about the "bomb" deep ball. I'm talking about the crossign routes adnt he out patterns that Orton has consistently been behind the WR.

He's a game manager. he's never going to be the guy to take a team on his shoulders. Can you win with that kind of guy, sure. As long as you have a REALY REALLY good defense to back that up. But its much harder to build that kind of defense.

Comment

I don't know what McDaniels deal is.

I don't know if it's distrust in Orton or this is the offense he wants to run. The fact he benches Hillis and Scheffler, meanwhile he puts Moreno in bad situations even when he isn't producing.... all this makes me believe it has nothing to do with Orton. It tells me the coach has this one idea in his head and will not let it go.

Regardless, Orton certainly did more in Chicago than McDaniels is letting him do. Not sure why. Not saying Orton is Phillip Rivers. But he can certainly do more.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                              And even when McDaniels calls deep routes Orton hesitates to throw many times. I already saw our receivers getting open deep... The guy just likes to keep things short. That's one of the reasons why we lost to Baltimore and Pittsburgh.
                              Not to mention, this also hurts our run game, as they load the box which can protect against the short passing routes and run at the same time. We could have easily beat Pittsburgh especially. They could not stop Royal or Marshall. I have no clue why we stopped passing to either of them. The Steelers Defense would have eventually had to respect our pass, so we could start running the ball down their throats. There was so much potential for this year. WE should have been at least a 12-4 ball club. Open up the playbook McD! Let Orton air it out some.
                              Play the football MMORPG called GOAL LINE BLITZ! You can create your own players and your own team! Sign up at this link :

http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=34994725

Comment

I was being sarcastic. Or drunk. You decide.
                                My mistake

Comment

Working...
                                X