Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

950 ESPN in philly Broadcaster calls out fans who don't support local teams.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 950 ESPN in philly Broadcaster calls out fans who don't support local teams.

Mike Missanelli of 950 ESPN in philly calls all fans who are born and raised in one city but root for other teams from another city FRAUDS.
    Says if you were born in that city you should be loyal to that city's teams anything else is a lack of character.

if you move from one city to another you should stick with your hometown team so says Mikey Miz. Honestly I only hear this from Philly fans. No where is in this country do I hear this BS. the same goes for college teams. If you didn't go to that college or it's not the local team you can't root for them. In his mind your a loser and have to live with it.

I don't actually believe that, I say you like who you like as long as you stick with them through the good times and the bad and be able to talk smack when team is doing bad as well as when it's doing good.

What the belief around here?
    Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

he's right, you know

Comment

Originally posted by lolcopter View Post
      he's right, you know
      you actually believe that nonsense?

Comment

I was born and still live about an hour outside of Pittsburgh. Sorry, but I'd rather be a Bronco fan.
        sigpic

Comment

I think he can kiss my butt. I'm not going to simply 'root' for some local team purely for the reason that its local. I find that people who root for the team PURELY because their parents did to be just as bad. What if a person moves, do they root for the original team, or the one where they live now?

Its just as bad as those that pick a religion because its the one they were raised in, without making a decision based on whats best for them... or voting for a party because its the same one your parents did. People are intelligent enough to pick a team THEY want to root for. Sports are for fun, enjoyment, and entertainment.

I've heard this before, and find it absolutely absurd.

Comment

But, But , But I don't want to be a San Fransisco 49er's and a Oakland Raider's and a San Diego Chargers fan! Wahhh, please don't make me!!

Comment

I was born in Tokyo. I don't think they have a football team (could be wrong).

We can't help where we were born, but...

we can choose the best team out there.

Which happens to be the Broncos, of course.
              Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

I'm a Bronco fan and I was born and raised in Denver, but I'm also a Cubs fan going back to the early 80's and if he thinks I should be rooting for the Rockies he can kiss my a** :salute!:
                Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

"It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

sigpic

Comment

born in hollywood, raised in Fresno.

No football teams there... Naturally, as a kid, i picked on team and stuck with it. I liked the broncos logo, so that was my team.

big frickin deal. Let whomever wants to cheer, cheer.

I say, if your a football fan, you get +15 in my book. Don't matter much who you root for unless its the chargers, -10, or broncos +100...

I'd rather you like chargers rather than hating football.

Comment

It's a philly thing. the cowboys tend to have a large fan base so he calls them all frauds people tend to root for them cause they have won in the past but a lot of them are not from texas and he they are constantly picking on the eagle fans cause they haven't a bowl so that's his defense against that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                      I think he can kiss my butt. I'm not going to simply 'root' for some local team purely for the reason that its local. I find that people who root for the team PURELY because their parents did to be just as bad. What if a person moves, do they root for the original team, or the one where they live now?

Its just as bad as those that pick a religion because its the one they were raised in, without making a decision based on whats best for them... or voting for a party because its the same one your parents did. People are intelligent enough to pick a team THEY want to root for. Sports are for fun, enjoyment, and entertainment.

I've heard this before, and find it absolutely absurd.
                      My dad was a big bronco fan when i was born. I root for them because he did and i wanted to be like him. Now i consider myself a bigger bronco fan then him. Does that make me bad?:orton:
                      "When I am on this board I feel like....

A male guest speaker at a conference for menaupausal divorcee women..."

MoXplant

Comment

Wow, what a MORON.

Trash.

I'm a New Yorker, I hate the Bills, the Jets and most of all, the Giants.

I attend College in Rhode Island, (New England) the Patriots are alright, but not # 1.

Apparently I'm a bad person!
                        sigpic

Comment

Well I was born in chicago heights,IL...I live in KC,MO...and Im a Broncos fans

I guess I fail
                          sigpic

Comment

I was born and raised in northern az, the whole family are Bronco fans and were before I was born.

So I guess I'm a failure by the radio guy and rav.

I don't know how to feel right now, since rav doesn't approve of me

sigpic

Comment

I can somewhat understand and respect the reporters statements.

I was born in Cincinnati 6 years before the Bengals were brought into existence.

By then I was living in Kentucky only knowing Wildcat basketball.

Moved to Colorado when I was 12 when I was introduced to the Broncos. But root for the Bengals as my second team.

I fell in love with the Nuggets as well and still root for them even now living in Jazz country Utah.

I moved away from Colorado in 1991 to Las Vegas and to this day I still support and love the Broncos no matter what.

I still root as my main team in college hoops the Kentucky Wildcats but root and follow UNLV.

So I pretty much follow the teams of sports of where I'm from and where I've lived.

*shrugs*
                              :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X