Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Win games with Brandon or Lose games without him?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by MNBroncs85 View Post
    Well you gotta admit the guy deserves a fat pay day and should of got one awile ago but i do agree he has no excuse to act up. Imo pay up or ship him out while his trade value is high.
    His play earned him a pay day, but his horrible antics and off the field issues kinda take that away.

    Comment


    • #32
      Marshall has done all year what was asked of him. He has made huge plays, had huge games and became the Monster of the Denver O. He stayed out of trouble and was promised a payday.

      This hamstring incident just smells fishy. Im not a doctor, but can a scan show or not show a pulled muscle? I think a little communication could have solved this whole incident.

      He is a tremendous talent and we are worse off without him. Maybe he is still a diva, but maybe stud WRs are. That swagger comes with the position.

      I will be very embarassed and saddened if/when Marshall leaves. He was made a promise of a payday before the season and he completed what was asked of him. If he is shipped off for that, I certainly wont get the warm fuzzy feelings.
      sigpic

      I adopt andrewmlb.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by elecshoc View Post
        I would pick win with marshall any day, but "if" we played in cinncy today (wind chill 9) he might not have played because it was too cold for him.
        wow you obviously dont know nothing about the beast hes a fierse competitor no matter what the conditionds are your just a hater

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by McSmashie View Post
          Marshall has done all year what was asked of him. He has made huge plays, had huge games and became the Monster of the Denver O. He stayed out of trouble and was promised a payday.

          This hamstring incident just smells fishy. Im not a doctor, but can a scan show or not show a pulled muscle? I think a little communication could have solved this whole incident.

          He is a tremendous talent and we are worse off without him. Maybe he is still a diva, but maybe stud WRs are. That swagger comes with the position.

          I will be very embarassed and saddened if/when Marshall leaves. He was made a promise of a payday before the season and he completed what was asked of him. If he is shipped off for that, I certainly wont get the warm fuzzy feelings.
          which is why i didnt blame him for acting the way he acted during training camp (although it was wrong how he went about it) he wanted to get paid and even though he wasnt used as well or as much as he shouldve been used (remember we had a rotation at wr in the begining of the year) he still had over 100 receptions and broke the record for most catches in a game. i said it before it was better off signing that man b4 the season started because now the price went up on that man. if he dont get a contrat now, the team might as well releas him because he wil be a bigger distraction this coming training camp than he was this past one (though i hate to say that because i still think hes the best wr in the nfl!!!)

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Sparky The Sun Devil View Post
            I agree with the second half of your last sentence. I think he was trying to get as little playing time in week 17 so he didnt end up like Wes Welker or Colt McCoy, and because of that I wouldnt give him a huge contract if I was another team. Now someone is going to attack because they love BMarsh, and I am actually not a GM.
            well lets just say he did fake the injury (which he didnt and remember he didnt play healthy ALL of last season) and he played and the samething happened to him what happened to welker. the organization wouldnt give him a big contract anyways so if you was marshall what would you do as a business decision??? because you people tend to forget football is not just playing there is a big business side to it and the people up stairs in the organization is all about the money so why cant the players be all about the money??? the nfl is one of a few billion dollar companies in the world and if theres one thing the nfl is not lacking its money... PAY THE MAN!!!!

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by McSmashie View Post
              Marshall has done all year what was asked of him. He has made huge plays, had huge games and became the Monster of the Denver O. He stayed out of trouble and was promised a payday.

              This hamstring incident just smells fishy. Im not a doctor, but can a scan show or not show a pulled muscle? I think a little communication could have solved this whole incident.

              He is a tremendous talent and we are worse off without him. Maybe he is still a diva, but maybe stud WRs are. That swagger comes with the position.

              I will be very embarassed and saddened if/when Marshall leaves. He was made a promise of a payday before the season and he completed what was asked of him. If he is shipped off for that, I certainly wont get the warm fuzzy feelings.
              When was Marshall promised a payday? I remember Bowlen suggesting that Marshall was playing his way into a nice contract but I don't recall any reports of Marshall being promised a payday.

              Let's not forget that Marshall has still yet to prove that he can get through an offseason without getting arrested.

              If he leaves then he leaves. The Broncos will just have to find another way to move the ball.
              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by MNBroncs85 View Post
                Well you gotta admit the guy deserves a fat pay day and should of got one awile ago but i do agree he has no excuse to act up. Imo pay up or ship him out while his trade value is high.
                He deserves nothing with the attitude he has!
                :logo:
                :logo: :logo:

                Air Force Falcons (0-0)(0-0)
                Moon Twp Tigers (0-0)(0-0)
                Denver Broncos (0-0-0)
                Hershey Bears (0-0-0-0)

                Hersheypark's new ride:
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufRbn...layer_embedded

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by broncomaniac333 View Post
                  well lets just say he did fake the injury (which he didnt and remember he didnt play healthy ALL of last season) and he played and the samething happened to him what happened to welker. the organization wouldnt give him a big contract anyways so if you was marshall what would you do as a business decision??? because you people tend to forget football is not just playing there is a big business side to it and the people up stairs in the organization is all about the money so why cant the players be all about the money??? the nfl is one of a few billion dollar companies in the world and if theres one thing the nfl is not lacking its money... PAY THE MAN!!!!
                  If Marshall faked the injury, which I doubt he did, then he was in the wrong and should be removed from the team.

                  If you want to make this about business, then Marshall, as a business man, had a responsibility to provide the service for which he was contracted to perform. If he had indeed faked the injury, that would essentially put him in a breach of contract. He was contracted to play the game of football for the Broncos in all games for which he is eligible and healthy enough to play. Faking an injury would be the same as him committing fraud in order to get out of his responsibility to live up to his contract.

                  I think Marshall is enough of a competitor that he wasn't faking the injury, but that doesn't mean he wasn't exaggerating the impact of the injury. That too is reason enough to get rid of him if that's what the Broncos believe happened. The Broncos were going into a very important game and needed all available players to help win that game. If Marshall was healthy enough to play, he should have played and should not have gone to the coaches and said he didn't think he could play.

                  With a negative MRI it's understandable that the coaches might have thought Marshall was exaggerating the impact of his injury. That, however, doesn't mean that McDaniels should have publicly questioned Marshall's toughness. He should have waited until game time to see if Marshall would be ready and willing to go. If Marshall still said that he couldn't go, then McDaniels should have waited until after the season was over to talk to Marshall to find out where he stands on his commitment to the team.

                  If Marshall's only motivation is money then he needs to go somewhere else. A team that truly wants to compete for the playoffs can't put up with a player who isn't committed to winning.
                  My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                  You Mad Bro?
                  Don’t Be A Mean Girl

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    The poll inherently asserts that without Marshall we lose games.

                    This isn't true. He was barely present in our first three wins. If anything, his dropped passes harmed our cause.

                    Further this poll would imply that with him we win games. He had his best games in games which we lost.

                    It's contrary to the reality of the situation, and is inherently a "rigged poll."

                    You're not actually asking a question, Andrew. You're making a statement, and being less than genuine about it in the process.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                      The poll inherently asserts that without Marshall we lose games.

                      This isn't true. He was barely present in our first three wins. If anything, his dropped passes harmed our cause.

                      Further this poll would imply that with him we win games. He had his best games in games which we lost.

                      It's contrary to the reality of the situation, and is inherently a "rigged poll."

                      You're not actually asking a question, Andrew. You're making a statement, and being less than genuine about it in the process.
                      this guy must be a mod since he's so smart

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Why do both options have to be mutually exclusive?

                        Marshall is a cancer, a trouble maker, and IMO has ran out of chances and has worn out his welcome.

                        Give me 100 guys like Rod Smith, who did so much more with a fraction of the talent than 1 Guy like Marshall.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                          The poll inherently asserts that without Marshall we lose games.

                          This isn't true. He was barely present in our first three wins. If anything, his dropped passes harmed our cause.

                          Further this poll would imply that with him we win games. He had his best games in games which we lost.

                          It's contrary to the reality of the situation, and is inherently a "rigged poll."

                          You're not actually asking a question, Andrew. You're making a statement, and being less than genuine about it in the process.
                          Maybe it was a fun and creative way to express my humble opinion that losing Marshall would be detrimental to our team. People voted and had an opinion. It still brought about discussion and debate.

                          I never said it wasn't a loaded poll.
                          I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
                          I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
                          I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
                          "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
                          God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
                          Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by andrewmlb View Post
                            Maybe it was a fun and creative way to express my humble opinion that losing Marshall would be detrimental to our team. People voted and had an opinion. It still brought about discussion and debate.

                            I never said it wasn't a loaded poll.
                            Except that you did basically said that your opinion is right and all others are wrong!
                            :logo:
                            :logo: :logo:

                            Air Force Falcons (0-0)(0-0)
                            Moon Twp Tigers (0-0)(0-0)
                            Denver Broncos (0-0-0)
                            Hershey Bears (0-0-0-0)

                            Hersheypark's new ride:
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufRbn...layer_embedded

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by BroncoKing View Post
                              Except that you did basically said that your opinion is right and all others are wrong!
                              Pretty sure everyone here thinks that about their opinion. Otherwise your wouldn't write it down.

                              You are correct though, fine sir, I do believe my opinion.
                              I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
                              I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
                              I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
                              "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
                              God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
                              Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                What kind of question is this? Of course we win with him. Its not like the guy is a complete disaster of a human being. He's not snorting coke and murdering people like other players of the past. He's made his mistakes, but he's definitely not a bad enough person IMO to lose without him. Then again, I tend to be the person who sides with the "win at all costs" motto before I will accept losing with the classiest organization in football.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X