Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Win games with Brandon or Lose games without him?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andrewmlb View Post
    The question I asked is about production, not once did I mention character or leadership or work-ethic. As far as production on the field, Rod has only had 1 year that surpasses Brandon's last year. Besides that, their career's are pretty comparable.

It's really hard to get straight up answers around here. If we get rid of 100+ rec. 1100+ yds. and 10 tds, will our offense be worse? That is as fair as it gets.
    Not really.

The impact that Marshall's behaviors has on the team also matters, and it's pretty hard to quantify that kind of thing.

Rod made everyone on the team better. Marshall tends to distract the entire team and be absent or not perform well when we need him most.

That matters.

The stats alone would be awesome, if all that mattered was a fantasy football championship. Sadly, I don't think that's how one gets a Lombardi these days.

Comment

Originally posted by KO8pectate View Post
      Everyone has a value to the team .I think everyones understand that Brandon is a playmaker but you also have to understand that passing game does not stop because a wideout leaves . It just doesnt and most players following a guy like Brandon play well simply because they know the ball will be coming there way a lot . Teams that lose guys like Brandon just dont stop throwing the ball they plug someone in and expect that player to produce and history has shown that they can be replaced .

Marshall is valuable but hes not invaluable.

If you look at the early games you would see quite a few guys stepping up .Marshall didnt catch his first td until week 3 but we were easily a top 10 passing team the first two weeks with over 500 passing yards.
      You sound like McD...talent doesnt win games, systems do.

Which of course, has been proven false throughout NFL history. Again...and again....and again...
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
        Not really.

The impact that Marshall's behaviors has on the team also matters, and it's pretty hard to quantify that kind of thing.

Rod made everyone on the team better. Marshall tends to distract the entire team and be absent or not perform well when we need him most.

That matters.

The stats alone would be awesome, if all that mattered was a fantasy football championship. Sadly, I don't think that's how one gets a Lombardi these days.
        I understand that Rod Smith was special in every facet of the game. What he has accomplished for the broncos on and off the field will never be disputed. But Rod is a once in a lifetime player. It's not fair to compare every star wr we get to him. Just like it isn't fair to compare every star QB we get to Elway.

Do you think we would have any of these issues with Marshall if: 1. He had more faith in our medical staff and 2. If he would've gotten paid? (i know, I know, it's not an excuse and Rod wouldn't have done that)
        Last edited by andrewmlb; 01-10-2010, 05:24 PM.
        I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
        I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
        I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
        "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
        God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
        Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
          It is of my belief that we would win more without him.

I disagree with these questions. Just admit it dude. When so many people notice and disagree with you, something has to be flawed.
          He won't understand! He thinks that the majority is on his side except for the fact that, as one poster so politely put it, it is a heads I win tails you lose argument!
          :logo:
          :logo: :logo:

Air Force Falcons (0-0)(0-0)
          Moon Twp Tigers (0-0)(0-0)
          Denver Broncos (0-0-0)
          Hershey Bears (0-0-0-0)

Hersheypark's new ride:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufRbn...layer_embedded

Comment

Originally posted by broncomaniac333 View Post
            he wasnt but how long will he have to wait to get paid what he deserves and dont you forget that all his charges were dropped aka he was inicent from beating his wife (may i remind you) you guys are a big deal put of nothing you pay someone for their production and he only got suspended ONCE and no matter the reason it was only for ONE game. so what has he done so wrong to this organization that the organization cant pay him the big contract that he deserves??? if bowlen said he was playing his way into a contract and marshall when it was all said in done went over 100 catches, doesnt that garuntee him a contract??? i think it does... PAY THE MAN
            Pay someone a multi-year, multi-million dollar deal who has no character, no leadership, nor integrity?

Denver Broncos (0-0-0)
            Hershey Bears (0-0-0-0)

Hersheypark's new ride:

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoKing View Post
              He won't understand! He thinks that the majority is on his side except for the fact that, as one poster so politely put it, it is a heads I win tails you lose argument!
              I understand. I know the poll was loaded. I made it that way on purpose, not by mistake. Can you figure out why though, that's the question. Obviously you don't BK, and that's fine.
              "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1

Comment

Pay someone a multi-year, multi-million dollar deal who has no character, no leadership, nor integrity?
                Yes, and then he will have character, leadership, and integrity. Ok, maybe not but he will be happy and will feel compensated for his work. And the broncos will reap the rewards.

This league runs off money. People are motivated by it.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewmlb View Post
                  Yes, and then he will have character, leadership, and integrity.
                  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! This is the funniest thing next to the poll you created! Giving a dude money will give him character, leadership, and integrity? Yea right and I'm the Governor of Pennsylvania!

Ok, maybe not but he will be happy and will feel compensated for his work. And the broncos will reap the rewards.
                  Except that he has no integrity, no leadership, and no character! Having those three things would add far more to this team!

This league runs off money. People are motivated by it.
                  Which is kinda fascinating considering that the vets and leaders wanted this bastard benched and disciplined!

Denver Broncos (0-0-0)
                  Hershey Bears (0-0-0-0)

Hersheypark's new ride:

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! This is the funniest thing next to the poll you created! Giving a dude money will give him character, leadership, and integrity? Yea right and I'm the Governor of Pennsylvania!

Except that he has no integrity, no leadership, and no character! Having those three things would add far more to this team!

Which is kinda fascinating considering that the vets and leaders wanted this bastard benched and disciplined!
                    Didn't know you win championships with character, or integrity. Santonio Holmes smokes weed. Champion. Big Ben was accuse of Rape, Champion. I thought winning championships was due to winning in the playoffs. Not being a choir boy.
                    Last edited by andrewmlb; 01-10-2010, 06:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by andrewmlb View Post
                      Didn't know you win championships with character, or integrity. Santonio Holmes smokes weed. Champion. Big Ben was accuse of Rape, Champion. I thought winning championships was due to winning in the playoffs. Not being a choir boy.
                      For starters, we are not talking about the Pittsburgh Steelers! Oh and shall I point out that the Steelers are not the Champions anymore?

Secondly, Character and integriy goes a long way to build team unity which produces far more on the field than one man.

Denver Broncos (0-0-0)
                      Hershey Bears (0-0-0-0)

Hersheypark's new ride:

Comment

Do you think we would have any of these issues with Marshall if: 1. He had more faith in our medical staff and 2. If he would've gotten paid? (i know, I know, it's not an excuse and Rod wouldn't have done that)
                        All evidence suggests that yes, we would have had these issues regardless. The fact of the matter is that most of his "habits" or "behaviors" are not about the money.

They're inherent in his personality.

He's not doing things that get himself benched in an effort to get paid. If he wanted to get paid, he'd say the right things and do the right things to get paid.

He doesn't do those things for the money. He does them because he doesn't know better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                          All evidence suggests that yes, we would have had these issues regardless. The fact of the matter is that most of his "habits" or "behaviors" are not about the money.

They're inherent in his personality.

He's not doing things that get himself benched in an effort to get paid. If he wanted to get paid, he'd say the right things and do the right things to get paid.

He doesn't do those things for the money. He does them because he doesn't know better.
                          History says quite the contrary. Many, many players have caused distractions and havoc for their respective teams. Once paid though, you never hear another peep from them. Ala, Ryan Grant, Steven Jackson, and Larry Johnson among others.

Comment

History says quite the contrary. Many, many players have caused distractions and havoc for their respective teams. Once paid though, you never hear another peep from them. Ala, Ryan Grant, Steven Jackson, and Larry Johnson among others.
                            It is nice that you put putting up with *******s and jerks that have a tendency to DESTROY team unity than actually forming team unity!

Denver Broncos (0-0-0)
                            Hershey Bears (0-0-0-0)

Hersheypark's new ride:

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoKing View Post
                              It is nice that you put putting up with *******s and jerks that have a tendency to DESTROY team unity than actually forming team unity!
                              Ok...................... I'll take a jerk like Steven Jackson any day of the week.

I just don't understand how people here judge someone when they have no idea what its like to be a pro athlete. I know I will get bombarded for this comment. But it's the truth. They want monetary security, and the are one injury away from not having it.

Comment

Ok...................... I'll take a jerk like Steven Jackson any day of the week.

I just don't understand how people here judge someone when they have no idea what its like to be a pro athlete. I know I will get bombarded for this comment. But it's the truth. They want monetary security, and the are one injury away from not having it.
                                Dude, Marshall is financially secured. He just a greedy piece of **** who has no itegrity, whose own team captains and leaders wanted him benched because of his behavior, no class whatsoever, and is not a team player at all!

Denver Broncos (0-0-0)
                                Hershey Bears (0-0-0-0)

Hersheypark's new ride:

Comment

Working...
                                X