Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Win games with Brandon or Lose games without him?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alastor View Post
    He does them because he doesn't know better.
    Come on Alastor, a teacher of all people should know better than to say something like this. He knows better. He just doesn't seem to care.

Marshall thinks that he should be able to behave any way he wants to and not have to suffer the consequences. He thinks the star athlete treatment is supposed to apply to him at all times.
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoKing View Post
      Pay someone a multi-year, multi-million dollar deal who has no character, no leadership, nor integrity?
      Or pay someone a multi-million dollar deal who has character, has leadership, and has integrity but lacks talent. ?
      sigpic

"The Man, the Myth, the Legend"

Comment

• Originally posted by thinkin101 View Post
        Or pay someone a multi-million dollar deal who has character, has leadership, and has integrity but lacks talent. ?
        Or how about we pay someone a multi-million dollar, multi-year deal who has character, leadership, integrity and has talent?
        :logo:
        :logo: :logo:

Air Force Falcons (0-0)(0-0)
        Moon Twp Tigers (0-0)(0-0)
        Denver Broncos (0-0-0)
        Hershey Bears (0-0-0-0)

Hersheypark's new ride:
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufRbn...layer_embedded

Comment

Or how about we pay someone a multi-million dollar, multi-year deal who has character, leadership, integrity and has talent?
          Character and integrity doesn't win championship BK. Execution does.

Also, what do you consider good character or integrity? Everyone makes mistakes.

Do you want to release quinn after this latest fiasco?
          I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
          I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
          I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
          "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
          God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
          Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
            Come on Alastor, a teacher of all people should know better than to say something like this. He knows better. He just doesn't seem to care.
            I dunno about that. Consider his past behaviors and the situation he comes from. He was once involved with police when an argument with his father at a motel resulted in his dad pulling a shotgun on him.

Do you often pull loaded shotguns on your children/siblings/parents?

Something in his world was probably not like most of ours.

Originally posted by andrewmlb View Post
            History says quite the contrary. Many, many players have caused distractions and havoc for their respective teams. Once paid though, you never hear another peep from them. Ala, Ryan Grant, Steven Jackson, and Larry Johnson among others.
            Those, again, are different situations. Marshall isn't acting up as a result of trying to get a contract. He's acting up because this is "normal" to him. This is how most of his life has been. From the first time we heard about him in college it was accompanied with a police report. He most certainly wasn't trying to get a better contract as a freshman.

We have no idea what his juvenile life was like, and rightly so. Ever since he's been an adult however, he's had a paper trail.

No, this isn't an isolated behavior where he's a disruption for a strategic purpose. He's not being disruptive to make a point.

He's being disruptive because that's all he knows how to be (apparently).

Granted, I don't know the man personally and I really have no insider knowledge. My intent is not to slander the guy. All the same, he has a track record and it extends well beyond the realm of "trying to make a point to get a new contract."

Be fair, Andrew. This is not a "new or isolated behavior" for Marshall.

Comment

• I like the poll options, they are very... Hmmm... You know? The insinuation... And notice that much better threads were deleted.
              sigpic

Comment

For starters, we are not talking about the Pittsburgh Steelers! Oh and shall I point out that the Steelers are not the Champions anymore?

Secondly, Character and integriy goes a long way to build team unity which produces far more on the field than one man.
                yea go say that to the raider fans about their team when they were in their glory years lol anyways talent and execution wins games and championship sure discipline and character are important to but first must come the talent because without talent there cant be no execution

Comment

Dude, Marshall is financially secured. He just a greedy piece of **** who has no itegrity, whose own team captains and leaders wanted him benched because of his behavior, no class whatsoever, and is not a team player at all!
                  so is anquan boldin, larry johnson, steven jackson, hines ward, etc what is your point???

Comment

• Originally posted by andrewmlb View Post

Also, what do you consider good character or integrity? Everyone makes mistakes.

Except Marshall has made numerous mistakes and it doesnt look like he will be stopping anytime soon. I was a big fan of his when he first came in and showed what he was like in that seattle game, but ever since last offseason he has lost my support.

His first offseason where he had constant troubles I thought we should give him a chance, everyone goes through hard times. Well putting up big stats isnt the only constant in this kids career. It seems like every other week hes doing something stupid, causing drama, getting arrested, fighting with teammates, fighting with girlfriends, getting in feuds with coaches etc. etc.

Even when he was in his hot streak this year putting up numbers in each game and running up to mcdaniels giving him hugs I posted on these boards it wont last. Once something goes wrong he will revert back to the old marshall. There are two things im sick of hearing about related to the denver broncos: Mediocre seasons (8-8) and DRAMA. Marshall is all about drama and it will never stop, he is selfish and a huge distraction.

Comment

I don't know about that! Sure you have to have production on the field but if you can't inspire your teammates, then you are not an asset to the team! Brandon Marshall is not an asset to this team because he does not inspire and is a distraction. I guess you missed the fact that his own captains and veterans wanted him benched!

The problem is, his mistakes are constantly a distraction!

Hopefully Quinned learned from it. The fact is, all charges were also dropped against him which tells me there was not enough evidence! Now I am not excusing his behavior but this is the first time that Quinn's name was in the press for something like this! Marshall is one incident away from a major suspension! Do you see the difference in the two cases?
                      Last edited by BroncoKing; 01-11-2010, 05:46 AM.

Denver Broncos (0-0-0)
                      Hershey Bears (0-0-0-0)

Hersheypark's new ride:

Comment

• Originally posted by thinkin101 View Post
                        You mean like Rod Smith?

Yeah, give me one of those!

Comment

I don't know about that! Sure you have to have production on the field but if you can't inspire your teammates, then you are not an asset to the team! Brandon Marshall is not an asset to this team because he does not inspire and is a distraction. I guess you missed the fact that his own captains and veterans wanted him benched!
                          Professional athletes don't need to be inspired by their teammates. This isn't high school. They know how to get ready to play and perform.

As far as being a distraction, wouldn't you say the head coach has done a pretty good job of being a distraction too? It also seemed like brandon was the only one who spoke like an adult at the end of the season. His answers were about being a good teammate and respect his coaches.
                          "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1

Comment

• Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                            You mean like Rod Smith?

Yeah, give me one of those!
                            He lacks talent..? News to me..

Comment

Professional athletes don't need to be inspired by their teammates. This isn't high school. They know how to get ready to play and perform.
                              You never were an athlete were you?

As far as being a distraction, wouldn't you say the head coach has done a pretty good job of being a distraction too?
                              Actually no! You see, unlike you, I do my best to look at the big picture. When you have distractions, like scheffler and Marshall, you deal with them. If you can't deal with them privately (as we have seen with Marshall), call them out in public! Sometimes you just have no choice! I can use personal experiences to prove my point but it would be lost on this crowd. All you see is talent but forgetting that a true pro athlete puts team first and himself second. Marshall puts himself first and team second! That is not being a true professional athlete!

It also seemed like brandon was the only one who spoke like an adult at the end of the season. His answers were about being a good teammate and respect his coaches.
                              He knows he's in the dog house for pissing off the captains and veterans. I'm not buying his act! He's not a professional athlete but an insecure person! Would I be upset if he re-signs? No but then, you never did ask me that question.

Denver Broncos (0-0-0)
                              Hershey Bears (0-0-0-0)

Hersheypark's new ride:

Comment

You never were an athlete were you?

Yes, for 11 years.

Would I be upset if he re-signs? No but then, you never did ask me that question.
                                Ok, would you prefer for us to resign him or trade him?

Comment

Working...
                                X