Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Win games with Brandon or Lose games without him?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hahahah..."integrity, morality, character". What quaint notions. I'm assuming you own a television set & tune into prime time TV periodically. Surely then you know, there is no such thing as a "moral standard" in America. Morality in 2010 equals: "I didnt deficate in your living room after I stole your bigscreen, W-T-F is your problem?".

You are honestly going to try to place ATHLETES under a moral microscope & expect them to live up to some preconceived idea of an ethical standard when society excuses immorality/amorality/lack of character/zero integrity in our "LEADERS"?!? (Bush/Obama/whatever P.O.S. administration slithers in next, chose your devil).

Good luck with that.

These barely-out-of-college men-children are products of our society. Morality, integrity, character in the classic sense is the RARE exception, not the rule.

Feel free to just see this as my opinion, if it makes you feel better.

T777
    "When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest." -anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by andrewmlb View Post
      Ok, would you prefer for us to resign him or trade him?
      Well if you were an athlete then you do realize that to truly perform at one's best, you need to be inspired. It does not matter at what level either. A true leader inspires his ball club! Look at Dawkins! He's a great athlete and is a leader of team! Marshall is a great athlete but is no leader. Don't give me that **** about money for "the love of money is the root of all evil". That is all that Marshall cares about.

As to the question, I honestly don't care. I want what is best for the team! If that means Marshall has to go then he goes.
      :logo:
      :logo: :logo:

Air Force Falcons (0-0)(0-0)
      Moon Twp Tigers (0-0)(0-0)
      Denver Broncos (0-0-0)
      Hershey Bears (0-0-0-0)

Hersheypark's new ride:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufRbn...layer_embedded

Comment

• Originally posted by MileHigh4TW View Post
        He lacks talent..? News to me..
        He was never the fastest, tallest, or strongest WR in the NFL. So compared to the top physical talent in the NFL, then yes, he lacks talent. Just like Eddie Mac

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoKing View Post
          \

As to the question, I honestly don't care. I want what is best for the team! If that means Marshall has to go then he goes.
          So you just assume that no matter what McD decides, its the best for the team? So because he is the HC, he doesn't make wrong decisions?
          I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
          I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
          I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
          "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
          God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
          Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Comment

• Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
            He was never the fastest, tallest, or strongest WR in the NFL. So compared to the top physical talent in the NFL, then yes, he lacks talent.:
            You could say the same thing about Jerry Rice.
            "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Trench777 View Post
              Hahahah..."integrity, morality, character". What quaint notions. I'm assuming you own a television set & tune into prime time TV periodically. Surely then you know, there is no such thing as a "moral standard" in America. Morality in 2010 equals: "I didnt deficate in your living room after I stole your bigscreen, W-T-F is your problem?".

You are honestly going to try to place ATHLETES under a moral microscope & expect them to live up to some preconceived idea of an ethical standard when society excuses immorality/amorality/lack of character/zero integrity in our "LEADERS"?!? (Bush/Obama/whatever P.O.S. administration slithers in next, chose your devil).

Good luck with that.

These barely-out-of-college men-children are products of our society. Morality, integrity, character in the classic sense is the RARE exception, not the rule.

Feel free to just see this as my opinion, if it makes you feel better.

T777
              When people are talking about integrity in the NFL, mostly they are referring to their work ethic, and locker room presence, and ability to just stay off the police blotters on their off time.

I don't think anyone expects them to be saints, just dedicated professional who do a relatively good job of keeping their noses clean.
              Last edited by PowderAddict; 01-11-2010, 11:27 AM.

Comment

So you just assume that no matter what McD decides, its the best for the team? So because he is the HC, he doesn't make wrong decisions?
                Now that is a loaded question, at least the second one is! As to the first, Yes! He is the head coach. He has the bigger picture where we don't!

Denver Broncos (0-0-0)
                Hershey Bears (0-0-0-0)

Hersheypark's new ride:

Comment

You could say the same thing about Jerry Rice.
                  Yup. I'd take one of him too over a "talented" guy like Marshall

Comment

• Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                    When people are talking about integrity in the NFL, mostly they are referring to their work ethic, and locker room presence, and ability to just stay off the police blotters on their off time.

I don't think anyone expects them to be saints, just dedicated professional who do a reletively good job of keeping their noses clean.

Thank you PowderAddict!

Denver Broncos (0-0-0)
                    Hershey Bears (0-0-0-0)

Hersheypark's new ride:

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoKing View Post
                      Now that is a loaded question, at least the second one is! As to the first, Yes! He is the head coach. He has the bigger picture where we don't!
                      Not to burst your bubble, but McD has made mistakes.

Comment

Not to burst your bubble, but McD has made mistakes.
                        Did I say he didn't? Nope I didn't! The problem is, your second question was a loaded one! Basically saying that if we let Marshall go, it would be a mistake and (based off the poll) we won't win games unless we have him!

Sorry but I'm used to these kinds of games. After all, I deal with them daily!

Denver Broncos (0-0-0)
                        Hershey Bears (0-0-0-0)

Hersheypark's new ride:

Comment

Working...
                        X