Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fair shake for Brandstater.....?

Did Mcdaniels draft him?

because I just really looked at his highlight real...and I think this guy is really something...and it will clearly relinquish my thoughts of he about the whole cutler thingee.....and if he can give him his fair shake then we should be ok at the quarterback spot.....

Sorry if this was discussed and posted already but I didn't see.....

He might be good. Haven't seen him play yet in a real game but he looked pretty good in the preseason(but then again so did Simms...)

Comment

The chances of this guy ever getting a starting role in the NFL are very very VERy slim.

You can make a highlight reel of anyone, and make them look like a super star. These guys weren't starting in college because they were bad athletes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
        The chances of this guy ever getting a starting role in the NFL are very very VERy slim.

You can make a highlight reel of anyone, and make them look like a super star.
        These guys weren't starting in college because they were bad athletes.
        Thats exactly what happened here.

Although fresno state does have a good offense every year, the qb's look better than they actually are. Our best qb was david carr and look at him now.. best backup ever lol. (few picks). Carr looks like god compared to simms.

Brandstater was a good tall fast qb. His passes often float though and are underthrown.

McD can make him better though.

All i can say is "we'll see"

Comment

I think he could be our starter in a few years. I like the kid.
          "The Bears treat offense as if it's the bubonic plague."
          -Tony Kornheiser

Goodnight Canada!!!!

Comment

i got a chance to talk to him after the Chicago pre-season game,real nice took the time to talk to all the fans that were out there,signed autographs ,for no other reason than just him being a nice humble guy i hope he has an excellent career,rather it's in Denver or another team,should he get cut or traded.
            I really like Cheese.

Comment

Yes, McDaniels drafted him. This was his rookie season. He will get his "fair shake" during camp. It's highly unlikely, statistically of course, for a QB drafted as low as him to be a super star, but you never know.

Comment

I'll be pulling for him, he made some pretty passes in the pre-season, but then again, so did Simms.

Comment

We know who Orton is! We have a pretty good understanding of Simms is, although maybe not complete understanding. We do not know about other free agents who have not been given a chance, or who Brandstater is in the same context...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ParkHill-71 View Post
                    We know who Orton is! We have a pretty good understanding of Simms is, although maybe not complete understanding. We do not know about other free agents who have not been given a chance, or who Brandstater is in the same context...
                    The fact that simms was our backup for Orton speaks volumes about Brandstater.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakotabroncofan View Post
                      The fact that simms was our backup for Orton speaks volumes about Brandstater.
                      hmm...I disagree. Simms did good things before hurt. Brandstater was green.
                      I ask this. How did he look in preseason.(brandstater) Not you, but people please spare me the its pre-season talk. I get that! Im saying how did he throw the ball. What did anyone see in the pre-season from him that would lead you to believe he could not be coached.

This is all conjecture and opinion. My opinion is as of right now, give Brandstater a chance to compete and lets see what happens. Thats all, nothing more, nothing less.
                      sigpic

Comment

hmm...I disagree. Simms did good things before hurt. Brandstater was green.
                        I ask this. How did he look in preseason.(brandstater) Not you, but people please spare me the its pre-season talk. I get that! Im saying how did he throw the ball. What did anyone see in the pre-season from him that would lead you to believe he could not be coached.

This is all conjecture and opinion. My opinion is as of right now, give Brandstater a chance to compete and lets see what happens. Thats all, nothing more, nothing less.
                        I think if Kyle Orton had a game that looked like Brandstater "did" in that PRESEASON (this is important, because he was playing a bunch of dudes that were about to get cut) everyone would scream even louder for his head. Yeah, he had one or two good tosses. Brandstater has not proven anything, and it DOES speak volumes that He would rather have put an injured Orton in than him when Simms was sucking it up.
                        Last edited by CoryWinget81; 01-11-2010, 09:55 AM.
                        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

He did look good in preseason.. but it was preseason.

I remember a few years ago when many were pulling for Bradley Van Pelt to be the starter..

I'd like to see more from Brandstater but i would be more than surprised if he ever started a game for us.. (although he cant be any worse than simms)

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                            I think if Kyle Orton had a game that looked like Brandstater "did" in that PRESEASON (this is important, because he was playing a bunch of dudes that were about to get cut) everyone would scream even louder for his head. Yeah, he had one or two good tosses. Brandstater has not proven anything, and it DOES speak volumes that He would rather have put Orton in than him when Simms was sucking it up.
                            Lets be fair. Brandstater does not get reps. To assume that he put in Orton over Brandstater in the situation you listed is in my opinion is slightly disingenuous.

Brandstater had one bad pre-season game where he was with the pathetic third string line. Also, he is rookie. I remember him doing good things like moving in the pocket and throwing the ball deep. However, I dont want to argue about that.

Give the man a chance. I could be wrong, but am sure I know who Kyle Orton is.....
                            sigpic

Comment

Lets be fair. Brandstater does not get reps. To assume that he put in Orton over Brandstater in the situation you listed is in my opinion is slightly disingenuous.

Brandstater had one bad pre-season game where he was with the pathetic third string line. Also, he is rookie. I remember him doing good things like moving in the pocket and throwing the ball deep. However, I dont want to argue about that.

Give the man a chance. I could be wrong, but am sure I know who Kyle Orton is.....
                              By no means was my intention to be disingenuous. Kyle Orton is a winning QB in this league, and to expect a 6th round 3rd string rookie to share snaps with a winning veteran QB in itself is pretty disingenuous.
                              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Working...
                              X