No announcement yet.

Fair shake for Brandstater.....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i like brandstater he has more pocket awareness that kyle orton and tries to get the first down with his legs. If i remember correctly he throw two pass that were at the 1 yard line that set up a run in the next down. 1 by hillis in the chicago game and the other by walker in the arizona game.

Comment

Tom Brandstater couldn't hold Tim Tebow's Jock
      sigpic
      2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
        Tom Brandstater couldn't hold Tim Tebow's Jock
        here's to TB completing a 80 touchdown yard pass to ER leaving Tebows jock burning on the 20!

Comment

Why do people around here refuse to pursue real answers?

Brandstater did poorly in preseason. PRESEASON. The guy had a 58 QB rating.... and that is good how? 2 INTs, 0 TDs, 56% comp, 2 fumbles, etc..

I would like to file this under counting your chickens before they hatch. Brandstater may or may not become something. But to pin any hopes or expectations on him seems ridiculous.

If an upgrade to Orton is what's necessary... spend some big bucks and trade away the future for Brady. Meanwhile let Brandstater learn the game and develop at his own pace without people expecting him to beat out a proven QB who is among the top 15 in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
            McKinley dropped the pass, Lloyd also had a touchdown when he caught a pass and reached over the goal line, but the refs ruled it down at the one. But all people around here care about is the stats, I don't think a lot of these posters actually watch the games, they just look at the stats, which would make sense since most don't live in Colorado and don't get the games, especially preseason games. That's why there is so much love for Orton, he threw for 3800 yards so a lot of posters think he is a good QB.

Oh yeah...thanks for reminding me...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Soothsayer View Post

Brandstater did poorly in preseason. PRESEASON. The guy had a 58 QB rating.... and that is good how? 2 INTs, 0 TDs, 56% comp, 2 fumbles, etc..
              What about Orton during preseason? Tell me about playing poorly. And Chris Simms? He played very well before suffering an injury. Preseason is just... Preseason. The Lions look good and win games in preseason, something is definetely wrong. My problem with Brandstater is his age, he will be 26 next year, so it's not like we have all the time in the world to develop him.
              sigpic

Comment

I would like to file this under counting your chickens before they hatch. Brandstater may or may not become something. But to pin any hopes or expectations on him seems ridiculous.

If an upgrade to Orton is what's necessary... spend some big bucks and trade away the future for Brady. Meanwhile let Brandstater learn the game and develop at his own pace without people expecting him to beat out a proven QB who is among the top 15 in the NFL.
                Dude who is pinning thier hopes on him? The only thing you can judge him on is preseason and that's not enough to say whether he would be good or bad.
                bringing up stats from the preseason is silly whether for good points or to discredit him.

He will compete for the 2nd string job unless his play in training camp is that much advance that he can push Orton. In which I wouldn't have a problem with that. as long as he given a chance to compete we won't find out what he's about.

From what I seen Josh utilizes all his draft picks and not as back ups.
                Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Brandstater went from not making the team, to being on the practice squad,to being our third string Qb,that was a promotion i think.If he would be our second stringer next season or battle for the #1,would be another move up for him.Either way this guy is working hard,and a starting position is gonna find him in the NFL one day.I hope its in Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                    What about Orton during preseason? Tell me about playing poorly. And Chris Simms? He played very well before suffering an injury. Preseason is just... Preseason. The Lions look good and win games in preseason, something is definetely wrong. My problem with Brandstater is his age, he will be 26 next year, so it's not like we have all the time in the world to develop him.
                    My point was that Brandstater didn't do good in the preaseason. So why do people pretend like he was? And many of these people use this preseason play as reasoning for Brandstater becoming starter.

I am not saying Brandstater won't be starter or anything like that. I'm saying Brandstater wasn't good in preseason and there's no reason to believe he something... yet.

Comment

My point was that Brandstater didn't do good in the preaseason. So why do people pretend like he was? And many of these people use this preseason play as reasoning for Brandstater becoming starter.

I am not saying Brandstater won't be starter or anything like that. I'm saying Brandstater wasn't good in preseason and there's no reason to believe he something... yet.
                      He looked like a real QB maybe idk I'll tell you what he wasn't doing though: Throwing picks with his undominant hand on the run in the redzone.

Comment

Working...
                      X