Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The bootleg might become a bronco staple?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The bootleg might become a bronco staple?

i think that this play might be a household name in nfl fans houses. when the broncos finally become an offensive powerhouse again (lots of young talent) people will know THIS play. what do you think?
    Blet

bootleg is very easy to stop....

Comment

isn't it already a staple of our O?
      It was used quite effectively last year, right?

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Originally posted by Lynch Bailey247
        bootleg is very easy to stop....
        Almost every type of play is easy to stop if you call the right defense/coverage/stunts etc. and have the personnel. The problems arise when you call a defense to stop one type of play and the offense runs a play where that defense doesn't work.

Anyway... do tell.... How do you (easily) stop the boot?
        Winter is Coming!

Comment

to stop a boot leg....
          all you have to do is send a blitz or a quarter back spy

Comment

I would have loved to see it a lot more last Week against the Jacksonville Jaguars. Would have help as well if we ran more to the right and left side of the line.

Yeah, I know Mike Shanahan is trying to make Jake Plummer a better pocket passer but getting the win is more important. Jake Plummer is going to get lots of chances to get better in the pocket but right now when we are down we should have taken advantage of what Jake Plummer does best and that is making him move around to make plays. Mike Shanahan didn't do that in the middle of the game when we was stuck with just two Field Goals. I know we'll see better play calling this Week against the San Diego Chargers. Well, at least I hope so.

Comment

well if we lose to the chargers i lose hope....

Comment

to stop a boot leg....
                all you have to do is send a blitz or a quarter back spy
                sorry lynch this isnt madden or espn, where they make it very easy to stop the QB just by putting a spy or blitz, now tell me, if jake where to bootleg and he had 8 guys in the box coming after him, you wouldnt figure he could dump it to lelie over their heads? that is why the bootleg is the toughest play to defend in football (other than anything mike vick decides to do) withyou way of thinking jake goes right and 1 or 2 LB's are using a QB spy so they are gonna wait for him to do something, when you leave one or two guys watching jake, hes gonna find someone whos open, if theres a blitz hes gonna outrun all the defensive peronal out of the pocket and throw the bomb its that simple.
                Blet

Comment

you dont have to send a whole defense on a blitz....

Comment

Re: The bootleg might become a bronco staple?

Originally posted by baileyforprez.
                    i think that this play might be a household name in nfl fans houses. when the broncos finally become an offensive powerhouse again (lots of young talent) people will know THIS play. what do you think?
                    Isn't it already a staple?

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                    You should check these guys out

Comment

8 in the box.....send an OLB on a blitz

Comment

you dont have to send a whole defense on a blitz....
                        No, but that's one (or more) LB's or safeties that won't be in coverage leaving an open spot for a TE or RB - or at the very worst single coverage on an outside receiver. With Jake's mobility and his ability to throw on the run (or just run) I like our chances. You know that as soon as a defense schemes to stop the boot then Shanny will call something that will exploit it.
                        Winter is Coming!

Comment

I'm sorry lynch, but i have to totally agree with Baily4prez....

Plus, if it's so easy to stop, then why is it that the bootleg worked all last season?

Comment

Our Bootleg works so well because our Offensive Line sells it so well. Look how low their pads are. They make it look exactly like it's a run play. That is why it works so well. If you don't have all 11 Players selling it, it's not gonna work.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos28
                              Our Bootleg works so well because our Offensive Line sells it so well. Look how low their pads are. They make it look exactly like it's a run play. That is why it works so well. If you don't have all 11 Players selling it, it's not gonna work.
                              That's only part of it. The continual success the Broncos have with the bootleg is due to the success of the running game. When a defense tries harder to stop the run, they are more aggressive going after the ball carrier and more supportive with the backside pursuit. It's real easy for the players to stay in a position to stop the QB on a bootleg but when they continue to get burned by the run and they're not in on the play because they keep following the QB (who constantly fakes having the ball on a bootleg), they tend to start leaving the QB alone and following the runner. The coaches see this when it happens and that's when they call the bootleg.

So, then the defense gets burned by Jake on the bootleg and they try to stay in position on the QB after that. But then their lack of aggresiveness and backside pursuit on the running back plays right into the Broncos' rushing attack. And after getting burned on the ground, the defense starts creeping back toward their aggresiveness toward the runner. And the cycle continues.

It's a beautiful system.
                              "You can't take the sky from me..."
                              ------
                              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Working...
                              X