• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rick Denisson Accepts Job as Texans Offensive Coordinator

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=6012

If Dennison goes, we will need a new OL coach. :paper:

Posted!

Please use the search function next time before posting something that has been posted at least 3 other times already!
    :logo:
    :logo: :logo:

Air Force Falcons (0-0)(0-0)
    Moon Twp Tigers (0-0)(0-0)
    Denver Broncos (0-0-0)
    Hershey Bears (0-0-0-0)

Hersheypark's new ride:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufRbn...layer_embedded

Comment

Probably a good thing sadly. I think he is a great coach, but it seems that McD is sold on a power running game, as opposed to a zone running game. Dennison has been doing Zone since he's been here hasn't he?

Comment

I am not a fan of Dennison. I really think that he is overrated. Look at the olines success since Gibbs left and he took the job...Steady decline.
        Besides all of Shanny's former assistants were on their way out when McD took over it was just a matter of time
        Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

This doesn't bother me.

Comment

The zone running game is being phased slowly out of the NFL, IMO.
            1. LB Arthur Brown Kansas State
            2. SS Dj Swearinger South Carolina

Comment

Alex Gibbs looks like he will be heading to the Seahawks. Any good coaches out there looking for jobs that have a rep for coaching a power run scheme?

Comment

I wish him well.But will not lose any sleep over it.

Comment

and its official now.

Congratulations Dennision.

Comment

Rick Denisson Accepts Job as Texans Offensive Coordinator

Denver Broncos offensive line coach Rick Dennison is the new offensive coordinator of the Houston Texans.

"Just very excited," said Gary Kubiak, Texans head coach, in an interview Tuesday with FOX 26 Sports.

"He's a great fit for our fooball team and just pleased to have his family join our Texans family."

Dennison played and coached with Texans head coach Gary Kubiak for 19 years in Denver.

He said Sunday night prior to his interview here in Houston that he and Kubiak "are good friends who think a lot alike."

Dennison spent 24 years with the Broncos as a player and coach.

He has been on the Denver staff for 15 years, serving as the offensive line coach the past nine seasons.

During that stretch he was also the Broncos offensive coordinator for three years.

The Houston position opened when Kyle Shanahan left to join his father, Mike, who is the new head coach of the Washington Redskins.
                    http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/spor...exans-dennison

Comment

Good move for the Texans.. If Cable leaves Oakland I hope we get rid of the ZBS like the Broncos are and just draft OL OL OL OL.

Comment

This isn't necessarily a bad thing for the Broncos. I have a feeling him and Mcdaniels were clashing a lot on offensive line ideals which created a lot of confusion and a broken line. Mcdaniels can bring in a guy who shares his vision of what the o-line should be line and the team will be better off in the end.

Comment

I think congrats are in order for Rick - he's done a great job here taking over for Alex Gibbs. Best of luck to in Houston
                          sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Congratulations Rick! See ya when we play your new team!
                            :logo:
                            :logo: :logo:

Air Force Falcons (0-0)(0-0)
                            Moon Twp Tigers (0-0)(0-0)
                            Denver Broncos (0-0-0)
                            Hershey Bears (0-0-0-0)

Hersheypark's new ride:
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufRbn...layer_embedded

Comment

Originally posted by Uglybass View Post
                              This isn't necessarily a bad thing for the Broncos. I have a feeling him and Mcdaniels were clashing a lot on offensive line ideals which created a lot of confusion and a broken line. Mcdaniels can bring in a guy who shares his vision of what the o-line should be line and the team will be better off in the end.

Exactly. Notice Mcd wouldn't let Bobby Turner interview in WAS. I loved the results, but I always hated our run-blocking schemes. The stupid chop-blocking made me want to puke.... and the ZBS seemed to fail us when we needed to run most (red zone & short yardage situations).

I want to control the LOS, not move it around.

Comment

Working...
                              X