Broncos tell Law he is "Welcome Back"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos tell Law he is "Welcome Back"

Free agent CB Ty Law says he is open to returning to the Broncos.
    "I’m going to train as if I’m playing," he said. "They said I’m welcome to come back." The 36-year-old signed off the street in early November and closed out the season at nickel back, making 10 tackles and a pick in seven games. At worst, the club could bring Law to camp as veteran competition for Alphonso Smith.
    Rotoworld

Just saw it and felt I should post. He played pretty well this year, but I'd like to see Phonsy beat him out in camp.

I want to see what Alphonso Smith will show in 2010, the guy was a major disappointment in every aspect of the game. If he can't beat Ty Law and Tony Carter for playing time, things will get ugly especially because soon people will compare his value to the rookie that Seattle will draft with the 14th overall pick.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
      I want to see what Alphonso Smith will show in 2010, the guy was a major disappointment in every aspect of the game. If he can't beat Ty Law and Tony Carter for playing time, things will get ugly especially because soon people will compare his value to the rookie that Seattle will draft with the 14th overall pick.
      It'll be hard for him to break the starting lineup, but I think he'll be playing nickel back this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
        This ^^^. I had high hopes for Alphonso, you get beat out by 36 year old Ty Law, UDFA Tony Carter. I'm hoping it was his injury. He better step up this year.. :go:

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
          This ^^^. I had high hopes for Alphonso, you get beat out by 36 year old Ty Law, UDFA Tony Carter. I'm hoping it was his injury. He better step up this year.. :go:
          some guys just have a harder time adjusting to the speed of the NFL. and whats the matter with UDFA corteland finnegan was a UDFA and he is now one of the best corners in the league. personaly i am totally stocked about our corners. last year was there first year with each other they should be even better next year.
          A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
            some guys just have a harder time adjusting to the speed of the NFL. and whats the matter with UDFA corteland finnegan was a UDFA and he is now one of the best corners in the league. personaly i am totally stocked about our corners. last year was there first year with each other they should be even better next year.
            There isn't a problem with UDFA...as long as your 1st round pick can beat them out. If not, then well you completely messed up in the draft didn't you?

Comment

Wouldn't you be mad if your wife's miata ran better than your bentley?

Comment

Originally posted by iowabronco24 View Post
                There isn't a problem with UDFA...as long as your 1st round pick can beat them out. If not, then well you completely messed up in the draft didn't you?
                No? Draft is building for the future. FA is for instant production. We all need to relax and wait a little bit before we judge this draft.

Comment

Originally posted by iowabronco24 View Post
                  except alphonso smith wasnt a 1st round pick........oh and that goes into the adjusting to the speed of the game thing. some guys gotta sit on the bench "LEARNING" and then they will be good. not every player can step in and play right away.
                  A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                    No? Draft is building for the future. FA is for instant production. We all need to relax and wait a little bit before we judge this draft.
                    Wait what? They're both rookies....

Comment

except alphonso smith wasnt a 1st round pick........oh and that goes into the adjusting to the speed of the game thing. some guys gotta sit on the bench "LEARNING" and then they will be good. not every player can step in and play right away.
                      Broncos used a 1st round pick on him....

Comment

Originally posted by Neleus2 View Post
                        Broncos used a 1st round pick on him....
                        No they traded a first round pick for him. Smith was drafted in the second round.

:salute!:
                        A day to remember: 4-19-1995

Comment

Originally posted by elway 1987 View Post
                          No they traded a first round pick for him. Smith was drafted in the second round.

:salute!:
                          So in other words, they used their 1st round pick to get him right? Thus making him a 1st round draft pick.

This isn't rocker science people/

Comment

I do believe Smith will improve, it's just tough playing at NFL speed like that when he's not that fast to begin with, he's gotta fix that first...but if he does, I think he'll be quite a force w/experience....I mean Revis SUCKed his first year...

And Tony Carter is gonna be a raw corner, watch!...I really liked this dude as a UDFA, and I could be wrong, but I think he's gonna be another Finnegan (but with 4.3's speed) idk his time, but I heard it was sub 4.4 during the philly game I believe....

Comment

Originally posted by Neleus2 View Post
                              So in other words, they used their 1st round pick to get him right? Thus making him a 1st round draft pick.

This isn't rocker science people/
                              The team gave up a 1st rounder for him, but he wasn't a 1st round pick. If he was he'd be paid like one.

Comment

Working...
                              X