No Coordinator named yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Coordinator named yet

I find it interesting and peculiar that the Broncos have yet to name a new Defensive Coordinator. For all the hardcore McDaniels supporters who claimed it would be Pees, how come he hasn't been named DC yet? Are you concerned he hasn't?

Pees contract does not expire for another 2 weeks. If it is going to be him he can't sign until then unless the Pats terminate his contract.
    Welcome to the team 2010 draft picks

Comment

whats the big rush?

and i dont care who the DC is, as long as its not slowik or jim bates, i dont care.

Comment

Pees's contract doesn't expire until the end of January, we can't sign him until then.

Comment

Yeah, whats the big rush? If McD signed someone as fast as Nolan signed with the Dolphins, heads would roll and everyone would think McD "pushed" Nolan out. Besides, Pees has said he will allow his contract to expire, take some time off with his family and then decide what he wants to do.
          Remember: If you dont feed the trolls - they will go away! Neither logic nor a compelling argument will make a difference.

Comment

not to mention guys like frazier who's still coaching games.........

If McD rushed you hate him,

he's taking time, you hate him,

It doesn't take a rocket surgon to start to notice a pattern...

Comment

Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
              I find it interesting and peculiar that the Broncos have yet to name a new Defensive Coordinator. For all the hardcore McDaniels supporters who claimed it would be Pees, how come he hasn't been named DC yet? Are you concerned he hasn't?

You would think this stuff would take a Brake...But it doesn't...

As everyone else stated, Pees contract is up next week...Look for him to sign then...
              sigpic Adopted By:

Comment

Is McD going to get an OC?

Comment

Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
                  His name was bounced around as a candidate. As has Martindale's.

Maybe McD didn't "fire" or "force out" Nolan to immediately sign Pees afterall?

Comment

Originally posted by owninit View Post
                    not to mention guys like frazier who's still coaching games.........

If McD rushed you hate him,

he's taking time, you hate him,

It doesn't take a rocket surgon to start to notice a pattern...
                    Frazier isn't going to make a lateral movement from the Vikings to the Broncos. So I don't think we are waiting for the Playoff teams to finish.

But if we have been given permission to talk with Pees, we can make an offer.

Its going to be Pees... it was always going to be Pees.

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                      His name was bounced around as a candidate. As has Martindale's.

Maybe McD didn't "fire" or "force out" Nolan to immediately sign Pees afterall?
                      Well.. the after season meetings were with the coaches on Monday. I think it ws said pretty clearly that McD was going to move on with another DC. I think that Pees is the reason that he felt he could get rid of Nolan, he already had one lined up to take his place.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post

I dont think so, he's the OC...
                        sigpic Adopted By:

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                          Well.. the after season meetings were with the coaches on Monday. I think it ws said pretty clearly that McD was going to move on with another DC. I think that Pees is the reason that he felt he could get rid of Nolan, he already had one lined up to take his place.
                          I have seen where they are also considering Martindale.

I do agree that having options that he's comfortable with did make it easier for McDaniels & Co to give Nolan permission to pursue other interests.

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                            I have seen where they are also considering Martindale.

I do agree that having options that he's comfortable with did make it easier for McDaniels & Co to give Nolan permission to pursue other interests.
                            I think the Martindale consideration could be the hold-up (though it's possible as many have said, that we need to wait a couple of weeks till we sign Pees).

Either way, since I don't know much about Martindale or Pees, I can't say I have any issue with them. I largely agree with the Belichick-approach of not blitzing too much, but then again those are the kinds of defenses having a lot of success in the past couple of years. I would be curious to see how the more conservative approach affects our draft though. Belichick's defenses prioritize stopping the run using big bodies on the DL, and I'd like to see us use the draft and FA to get bigger on the DL.
                            Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
                              Originally posted by ItalianBronco View Post
                              I dont think so, he's the OC...
                              Actually Mike McCoy is and was the QB coach / OC. McD retained play calling duties, as HC

Comment

Working...
                              X