No announcement yet.

? for the LONG-TIME posters on here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? for the LONG-TIME posters on here...

When was the last time you saw the board this divided?

I joined a little over 3 years ago and the last time I remember it being like this was with the whole Plummer vs Cutler thing which really erupted right after I joined.

The Plummer supporters were a small faction of the board, though. It seemed like it was 20% Plummer Supporters and 80% Anit-Plummer/Pro Cutler (I'm throwing out the undecideds).

Now, it looks more like 35% or so Orton supporters and 65% or so anti-Orton posters.

What I'm saying is that it's at least closer to 50/50 now which makes it seem really divided. when were some other times you remember it being this divided?
    2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Ah, the Jake vs. Jay Wars, I miss that
    sigpic

Comment

People are always divided whether its a question of who should play almost any position in a given year. Its always dicey when you talk about QBs, and again when youre talking about coaches.

Maybe I havent been reading enough Broncos lately, but I dont think the fanbase is as divided this year as it has been almost every year since 2006. When it all started back then we had more to lose. We came just one home game away from the Superbowl, and our defense was playing legendary in the beginning of the 2006 season. Then the whole QB issue pops up, and end result is the Plummer/Cutler division of the fanbase, and that type of thing ultimately got the coach fired a couple seasons later. Although the Plummer/Cutler debate was resolved, now its all about the coach who caused another QB debate thrown in there. Again making a fanbase become divided.

My point is that the fanbase is just acting rationally, by questioning the inefficient moves of the team and speaking those viewpoints to others, which is good. Until the team itself begins standing on a foundation of stone, these divisions will continue to self-perpetuate.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncsSB#3 View Post

I joined a little over 3 years ago and the last time I remember it being like this was with the whole Plummer vs Cutler thing which really erupted right after I joined.

The Plummer supporters were a small faction of the board, though. It seemed like it was 20% Plummer Supporters and 80% Anit-Plummer/Pro Cutler (I'm throwing out the undecideds).

Now, it looks more like 35% or so Orton supporters and 65% or so anti-Orton posters.

What I'm saying is that it's at least closer to 50/50 now which makes it seem really divided. when were some other times you remember it being this divided?
        It's always divided.

Hillis haters vs hillis supporters
        Mcdaniels haters vs supporters
        office fans vs lost fans

edit: we signed up in the same month

Comment

The Bud Light "Tastes Greaters" vs the "Less Fillingites" wars were straight up BRUTAL!!

:shudder:

Comment

I was always just a lurker at that point with Jay vs Jake. I didn't sign up until after the San Fran loss

Comment

I wish I was signed up for the whole Cutler and Plummer thing. I still support PLUMMER to this day. I wonder how different things wouldve been if Plummer continued to be our starter...
              sigpic

Comment

Remember that Shanny just didnt have these kind of controversies as a coach. We were divided at times on playcalling, scapegoating of DC's, and the playoff meltdowns, but there has been nothing like the last 12 months here since I joined. I dont have thousands of posts, but I do have thousands of hours logged reading the site.

I remember a few flare ups or divisions that would last a day or so (like after a draft, or bad loss). But this is armegeddon comparatively speaking. We are cannabilizing eachother daily.

I honestly dont mind it too much, b/c it lets me know we still have a passionate fanbase. I dont like the name calling, and labeling of "true fan", etc. Safe to say, any Bronco fans putting in time on this site are tru fans. I'm okay with dissent and differences of opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by pitnlala View Post
                  Remember that Shanny just didnt have these kind of controversies as a coach. We were divided at times on playcalling, scapegoating of DC's, and the playoff meltdowns, but there has been nothing like the last 12 months here since I joined. I dont have thousands of posts, but I do have thousands of hours logged reading the site.

I remember a few flare ups or divisions that would last a day or so (like after a draft, or bad loss). But this is armegeddon comparatively speaking. We are cannabilizing eachother daily.

I honestly dont mind it too much, b/c it lets me know we still have a passionate fanbase. I dont like the name calling, and labeling of "true fan", etc. Safe to say, any Bronco fans putting in time on this site are tru fans. I'm okay with dissent and differences of opinions.
                  Thousands of hours on here? Holy hell. lol
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skywalker View Post
                    Ah, the Jake vs. Jay Wars, I miss that
                    Those threads were the most heated threads I ever remember on these boards. lol
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                      I was always just a lurker at that point with Jay vs Jake. I didn't sign up until after the San Fran loss
                      11,000 posts, randomly noticed that

Comment

Originally posted by BroncsSB#3 View Post

Anytime we're not winning it seems to get like this but the difference this year is I don't care enough to actually READ posts that people are posting. I just glance and log off...I'd say the Jake vs Jay debate got fairly close to this level of hatred at times.
                        sigpic

Comment

It's like this every week. Welcome to General Discussion! Denver could win the Super Bowl and there would still be crying , *****ing, and moaning the day after.....

Comment

I lurked for about a year before i signed up, but i remember the whole Browncos thing. Not as big as the jake vs jay by any means.....

But a lot of threads where there on us taking the entire browns OL and their coach.

Still the jack vs jay and the josh vs jay have been the two biggest by far.
                            So far:
                            FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                            1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

After the loss in the AFC championships vs the Steelers this board went ballistic..

Comment

Working...
                              X