? for the LONG-TIME posters on here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trench777 View Post
    This is the most chaotic & dismal its been that I can recall, then again, we've suffered a long drought (for us) since our last postseason appearance. Losing leads to short tempers & sharp tongues, so to speak.

Jake vs. Jay was definately a VERY contentious time.

Before that, the most divided I recall things, was when we traded Portis for Champ.

"Chump" Bailey, many of us (me included) called him. Many of us were ready to storm the front office with pitchforks & torches blazing! How could Shanny DARE trade away our 1500+ yard RB for a #$%^ing CORNERBACK?!? FIRE SHANNY! threads were as common then, as I H8 Orton/McD threads are now.

Shanny & Cutler/Orton & McD (lets just call it last offseason till present)
    Jake & Jay
    Portis & Champ

Those would prolly be the top 3, in that order (since I've joined, at least)

Honestly, I dont recall the white background thing being that big of a deal, but they say the 1st thing to go is the memory (I forget what's 2nd)

T777

P.S. Small side note...Champ is argueably our best player STILL. Clinton Portis 2009 stats: <500yds & 1 TD rushing/1 rec. Guess -sometimes- the people who make these decisions for a living know W-TF is up, huh? (thats as much a sidenote to myself as anyone else :-p
    Yeah I was wondering who was gonna mention Clinton. I was a poster under a different name who supported Portis, and still do to this day. IF he would have stayed here, and IF he would of never been injured, he would have owned ALL the Bronco rushing records.

Hell I even remember arguing about Shannahans percieved lack of Drafting skills, and him relinquishing his GM roles.

Even WORSE, I remember there were some who didnt want Plummer here 7 tears ago , because of his past history with the Cards.
    sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

Originally posted by pitnlala View Post
      Remember that Shanny just didnt have these kind of controversies as a coach. We were divided at times on playcalling, scapegoating of DC's, and the playoff meltdowns, but there has been nothing like the last 12 months here since I joined. I dont have thousands of posts, but I do have thousands of hours logged reading the site.

I remember a few flare ups or divisions that would last a day or so (like after a draft, or bad loss). But this is armegeddon comparatively speaking. We are cannabilizing eachother daily.

I honestly dont mind it too much, b/c it lets me know we still have a passionate fanbase. I dont like the name calling, and labeling of "true fan", etc. Safe to say, any Bronco fans putting in time on this site are tru fans. I'm okay with dissent and differences of opinions.
      Nicely said and I agree 100%. I post here and another website Bronco forum that shall remain nameless but its the same there as it is here.

Comment

Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
        Jake vs Jay

Fire Shanny vs Dont Fire Shanny

Jay vs McDaniels

McDaniels vs Marshall

McDaniels quasi vs Hillis

McDaniels vs Marshall II

McDaniels vs Scheffler

McDaniels "allegedly not" vs Nolan

Someone at sometime will always be unhappy.
        Sadly 6 out of the 7 controversies you mentioned were in the past year.
        New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
          oh oh duh

When the boards split. I might even get in trouble for just mentioning it...

When this board upgraded and went to white background and got ads and what ever else. There was an uprising, a mutiny if you will. Majority of the good posters left and moved over to our site.....Many still stayed too- not to disclude you good posters who stayed. But many left.

however, that battle was more between powers that be and members, then members themselves.
          HAHAHA that is what I was thinking too. Nothing football related but boy were people upset when that change occurred.
          sigpic

Comment

Well, I think it is as divided as I have ever seen it.

And there are a lot of reasons for that. I think a lot of it is McD's personality. From a fan's standpoint, it is easy to see him as domineering, arrogant and egotistical. I think a lot of it is the false hope that the fans had at 6-0 and the total collapse of the team to fail to make the playoffs. I think a big part of it is losing to both KC and Oakland at home after we had dominated them on the road. That caused a lot of questions and anger with the fans. The KC loss, especially, caused some very hard feelings, not only on the board, but with the fans I know in Denver. It appeared that the Chiefs were not only more prepared but out motiviated and outcoached the Broncos in a game that had playoff implications for the Broncos and meant nothing but pride to the Chiefs. The central figure in all the controversy is McD. I don't know whether that is entirely fair or not. However, there is plenty of turmoil and inconsistency with the team and that is never a good sign. It is an especially bad sign with a new coach. I think one of the other reasons why there is so much discontent is because of the annonymity of the net and, yes, a breakdown in civilty with the Bronco family, and that does indeed bother me. I understand that there are a lot of people that have divergent opinions on the team. I can accept that. What I have a hard time dealing with is Bronco fans insulting and belittling other Bronco fans. As the old saying goes, we can disagree without being disagreeable. I wish we would take that to heart.

Comment

To answer the OP, No. I have not seen the boards this divided. Ever.

Even the Jake vs Jay wars weren't this bad and neither was the blue background issue.

The division and what appears to me, plain hatred towards coach is a big problem. I truly believe that no matter what, some people will refuse to ever accept coach. We could win the Super Bowl next year and there would still be complaining and mud slinging.

To see people actually wish that we lose to prove their point is mind boggling. During the Jake vs Jay debate days, nobody wished we would lose.

Nobody.
              :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
                Thousands of hours on here? Holy hell. lol
                Well, I generally have the a browser with the site open for about 12-14 hours a day, I will check for new threads, and info every couple of hours or so from the office and at home. I've been coming here for well over 5 years, so I think I probably have spent thousands of hours where I have been logged in. I bet I am actively looking and reading stuff here about an hour a day on average- sometimes much, much more.

If I added up the time I spend on this site, Gizmodo, Deadspin, PFT, ESPN, etc I would freak out. I run a decent company, but I could save some serious coin if I stopped all the dumb stuff I waste time on and instead did the work I pay someone else to do. Now I'm depressed.

Comment

Originally posted by pitnlala View Post
                  Remember that Shanny just didnt have these kind of controversies as a coach. We were divided at times on playcalling, scapegoating of DC's, and the playoff meltdowns, but there has been nothing like the last 12 months here since I joined. I dont have thousands of posts, but I do have thousands of hours logged reading the site.

I remember a few flare ups or divisions that would last a day or so (like after a draft, or bad loss). But this is armegeddon comparatively speaking. We are cannabilizing eachother daily.

I honestly dont mind it too much, b/c it lets me know we still have a passionate fanbase. I dont like the name calling, and labeling of "true fan", etc. Safe to say, any Bronco fans putting in time on this site are tru fans. I'm okay with dissent and differences of opinions.
                  Well said. It is exciting to see the passion flow from the posters. I lurked for years here, and have very strong feelings about what is happening with "our team". The passion, I'm a McD supporter (as if you haven't figured that out) is powerful. All I want is for the team to get back to being the contender that we all want it to be.

As you were.
                  Last edited by Key West Bronc; 01-22-2010, 11:04 AM.
                  Never argue with an idiot...he'll only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience!

Laugh...and the whole world laughs with you!
                  Laugh like a lunatic for no apparent reason...and they'll leave you alone!

"Why are you cutting?"
                  "Hey man. Why are you 300 pounds?"
                  Howard Griffith to Levon Kirkland - 1997 AFC Championship
                  sigpic

Comment

The Champ Bailey - Clinton Portis trade was hectic for a bit.
                    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                    While he sits by his hearth at home.
                    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                    That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Skywalker View Post
                      Ah, the Jake vs. Jay Wars, I miss that
                      Me too :dance::thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                        When the boards turned to the white background.
                        Haha.. That's awesome. I remember that! Actually forgot they changed! Ha

Comment

Working...
                        X