Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Logic passes the ball to the Beast FTW!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I want him to stay because he is a Beast, but i want to trade him to because with the off the field issues and being 1 mistake away from being suspended, he may hurt us more than help us!

    I hear people on these boards talking about, how there will never be another reciever like Marshall, look at his stats for the past 3yrs, yada yada yada! What i am amazed by is the same comments about Marshall has been said about Andre Johnson, Steve Smith, Larry Fitzgerald, Randy Moss and TO, just to name a few, and while i am in no means trying to discredit them and their accomplishments, none of them have a SuperBowl ring!

    Can somebody please tell me why New England won 3 Superbowls with #2 & #3 recievers? Now they have Randy Moss who is arguably the best deep threat in the league and they have Wes Welker, who is arguably the best slot reciever in the league, and they still don't have a ring! And they have an "Elite" QB!

    I just believe that winning has a lot more to with players who fits your system, good communication, chemistry, and everybody on focused on 1 goal vs. having a team with a couple of Probowl players that puts up ridiculous stats! I also believe in addition by subtraction!
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #17
      I know the Chiefs have an awful defense, but Orton put up huge numbers without Marshall week 17. Which shows that maybe Marshall isn't all that special. If our running game becomes more dangerous next season, then our receivers should be able to make up for the missing Marshall.

      We could definitely manage without him, of course, with would be very nice.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
        I agree 100 catches is no easy feat, but there are easier ways to do it, and that's how he's gotten it.

        Andre Johnson getting 100 catches and averaging 15+ yards per catch is deathly impressive, Marshall getting 100 catches and average 11 yards per catch shows he's a possession guy.

        Marshall is a great receiver, but he's not an Andre Johnson either on or off the field.
        exactly. The catches is impressive, but like the game he broke the record in. Those passes were designed to go to him. Orton didnt even go into any reads, 90% of those passes were snap the ball and fling it to marshall in less than 1 second. He is a beast and very valuable, it is arguable that our offense would take a step back though. He is too much of a focal point of our offense.

        For some reason we have this mindset that is "force the ball to marshall" It creates a very predictable offense and is a reason we dont stretch the field. I dont know if its the coach or the qb but for some reason when marshall is in he gets 90% of the looks and they are hardly ever beyond 5 yards.

        I know people are going to counter with the common "cause look at our qbs arm LOL!" I know he had some ugly interceptions but the last game is the ONLY game we actually stretched the field. We had many deep passes and had multiple recievers with big games. Marshall wasnt in. Its clear that our qb CAN make the passes and I had much more fun watching that offense than the passes to marshall for 1 yard and -1 yard runs by our rbs that we saw all season.

        Its not like we are going to be losing 100 catches and 1100 yards next season. The next guy will step up, im almost positive royal will be more productive and if hes gone we are probably going to go after a big name to replace him whether its the draft or FA. We will also be compensated heavily should marshall be traded and then we are finally rid of the "human highlight...errr drama show" brandon marshall.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Matwijow View Post
          I know the Chiefs have an awful defense, but Orton put up huge numbers without Marshall week 17. Which shows that maybe Marshall isn't all that special. If our running game becomes more dangerous next season, then our receivers should be able to make up for the missing Marshall.

          We could definitely manage without him, of course, with would be very nice.
          yeah Orton put up huge numbers as well put touchdowns..... sadly most of those touchdowns were against our team by the same player of the other team. I really dont want to put the offense on the shoulders of Orton and a rookie reciever if we trade marshall.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post
            exactly. The catches is impressive, but like the game he broke the record in. Those passes were designed to go to him. Orton didnt even go into any reads, 90% of those passes were snap the ball and fling it to marshall in less than 1 second. He is a beast and very valuable, it is arguable that our offense would take a step back though. He is too much of a focal point of our offense.

            For some reason we have this mindset that is "force the ball to marshall" It creates a very predictable offense and is a reason we dont stretch the field. I dont know if its the coach or the qb but for some reason when marshall is in he gets 90% of the looks and they are hardly ever beyond 5 yards.

            I know people are going to counter with the common "cause look at our qbs arm LOL!" I know he had some ugly interceptions but the last game is the ONLY game we actually stretched the field. We had many deep passes and had multiple recievers with big games. Marshall wasnt in. Its clear that our qb CAN make the passes and I had much more fun watching that offense than the passes to marshall for 1 yard and -1 yard runs by our rbs that we saw all season.

            Its not like we are going to be losing 100 catches and 1100 yards next season. The next guy will step up, im almost positive royal will be more productive and if hes gone we are probably going to go after a big name to replace him whether its the draft or FA. We will also be compensated heavily should marshall be traded and then we are finally rid of the "human highlight...errr drama show" brandon marshall.
            Good Point! But i so believe that Orton force the ball to Marshall, look at the KC game where Gaffney had 14 catches and he dropped about 4, which could've easily been 18, basically 3 away from tieing Marshalls record, so i do believe that KO forces the ball to his #1 reciever!
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by JayJack View Post
              Good Point! But i so believe that Orton force the ball to Marshall, look at the KC game where Gaffney had 14 catches and he dropped about 4, which could've easily been 18, basically 3 away from tieing Marshalls record, so i do believe that KO forces the ball to his #1 reciever!
              yea I know he was tossing a lot of passes to gaffney. But they werent at the los and it was very productive. Most of those passes were 10-20 yards (marshalls record is like 21 or 22 i think btw).

              Gaffney had a huge day, but there was also over 200 yards between other recievers. including nearly 100 to Lloyd. It might have been a little better if we werent playing with our #3,4 and 5 recievers. Im curious what kind of game royal would have had if he could have showed.

              The majority of marshalls catches arent Orton forcing the ball to him. Its designed plays at the los, half of them are bubble screens. Sure he does throw to him a lot, but its not as bad as it seems since most of them are plays where its just us trying to get it to marshall.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Tron Solo View Post
                Strait up we need Marshall to stay, what the hell is wrong with you guys? We need to keep him, he might be the best in the league in the next few years and is pretty close right now while only catching the ball 5 yards of the LOS. Why is everybody willing to sell him off for the crap shoot that is the draft? McDaniel's right now is like a Walrus sitting in the cockpit of a F22 Raptor, crazy amounts of firepower and no ability to use it.

                All this talk like Marshall is already gone is making me sick, it is bad enough all the negative moves surrounding the team. I want to put this out there to see who wants to keep him, and who wants the coach to grow up and learn to manage players like a pro and not like his high school coach daddy.

                Do you want to keep the Beast? post with why or why not.
                I definitely want to keep B Marsh, but unfortunately it's not up to me or anyone else on these boards. His talent is irreplacable in my mind. The guy has proven that he is tough and has caught more passes than any receiver on our team for three years in a row. I think you'll find more people on these boards that have simply come to peace with the possibility that there's a good chance he will be in another uniform next season. I've said this before in another post, but I think if Denver does let him go, the phrase, "You don't know what you have until it's gone" will likely echo on these boards for a while. Just my :2cents:

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                  I want him to stay because he is a Beast, but i want to trade him to because with the off the field issues and being 1 mistake away from being suspended, he may hurt us more than help us!

                  I hear people on these boards talking about, how there will never be another reciever like Marshall, look at his stats for the past 3yrs, yada yada yada! What i am amazed by is the same comments about Marshall has been said about Andre Johnson, Steve Smith, Larry Fitzgerald, Randy Moss and TO, just to name a few, and while i am in no means trying to discredit them and their accomplishments, none of them have a SuperBowl ring!

                  Can somebody please tell me why New England won 3 Superbowls with #2 & #3 recievers? Now they have Randy Moss who is arguably the best deep threat in the league and they have Wes Welker, who is arguably the best slot reciever in the league, and they still don't have a ring! And they have an "Elite" QB!
                  I just believe that winning has a lot more to with players who fits your system, good communication, chemistry, and everybody on focused on 1 goal vs. having a team with a couple of Probowl players that puts up ridiculous stats! I also believe in addition by subtraction!
                  becuz they had a secret filming crew to help them stop team from scoring and enable them to win with just a fg. the NE patriot dont have the same mojo after getting caught, hence, they havent won another sb since, been geting own by p.manning, and recently lost their playoff game in their home for the first time ever? it plain easy to win 3 sb with number 2/3 wr when u cheat.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by watha? View Post
                    becuz they had a secret filming crew to help them stop team from scoring and enable them to win with just a fg. the NE patriot dont have the same mojo after getting caught, hence, they havent won another sb since, been geting own by p.manning, and recently lost their playoff game in their home for the first time ever? it plain easy to win 3 sb with number 2/3 wr when u cheat.
                    I really think they lost their mojo when McD left!
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I'd greatly prefer we keep Marshall than trade him for lottery tickets in the draft.

                      I believe he is far & away our best offensive player. We've traded away our best offensive players before, sometimes with good results (Re: Portis for Champ) sometimes argueably not so good results (Re: Culter for Orton + goodies/)

                      I too wish he would pull his proverbial cranium from his proverbial buttocks & be a stand-up guy off the field, but unless its causing him to miss games again (a real possibility) I honestly dont care if he's a dunce off the field.

                      PAY HIM with the caveat of MAJOR $$$ penalties for a behavior-based suspension & let the man play the game he's so freaking amazing at playing.

                      T777
                      "When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest." -anonymous

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        This is why Brandon wants of leave. Hes getting sick of the fans and so am I. Look at all of you so called fans ready to drop him and settle for jabar gaffney.... We NEEEEDDDD him. Sure, we could "manage" without him, just like we "managed" this season without Jay Cutler. But guess what If we had Jay this year instead of :orton:, we make the playoffs, and we might still be playing football right now. Its sad that one of the great future QB to WR combinations got torn apart because our head coach is a stubborn whiney little boy. Pay the man!!!! Fire the boy
                        I believe in you, Knowshon!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Champ2426 View Post
                          This is why Brandon wants of leave. Hes getting sick of the fans and so am I. Look at all of you so called fans ready to drop him and settle for jabar gaffney.... We NEEEEDDDD him. Sure, we could "manage" without him, just like we "managed" this season without Jay Cutler. But guess what If we had Jay this year instead of :orton:, we make the playoffs, and we might still be playing football right now. Its sad that one of the great future QB to WR combinations got torn apart because our head coach is a stubborn whiney little boy. Pay the man!!!! Fire the boy
                          Some of us "SO CALLED FANS" understand that even though Marshall is a top 5 reciever, he is also 1 mistake away from and 8 game suspension! Don't get mad at some of us because we are not letting his accomplisments blind us to the fact of from the BUSINESS ASPECT it wouldn't be a good move, unless his contract is based off of incentives!

                          Some of y'all are so funny, if we keep him, and then he gets suspended, the same one's who's talking about we should re-sign him, will be on here talking about how stupid and childish he is and we should have traded him!

                          How is McD a stubborn whiney little boy? I thought that it was Cutler who got mad and wouldn't return the OWNERS phone call, I thought it was Marshall who was kicking the balls in practice and batting balls down instead of catching them, it obvious who you have a man crush on!
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Hoss View Post
                            Marshall played McDaniels like a fiddle until he got his 100 catches, then he faked an injury. I'd say it's pretty certain that the guy doesn't want to be here. Kinda hard to resign someone who wants out so badly.
                            Two things.

                            Marshall purely played the game. Both with McDaniels and on the field.

                            Two... he didn't fake an injury. What did he have to gain from it? Silly to think that he wouldn't have gained MORE by getting into the playoffs. More publicity, more eyes on you, more tv viewers. He didn't fake an injury.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                              I agree 100 catches is no easy feat, but there are easier ways to do it, and that's how he's gotten it.

                              Andre Johnson getting 100 catches and averaging 15+ yards per catch is deathly impressive, Marshall getting 100 catches and average 11 yards per catch shows he's a possession guy.

                              Marshall is a great receiver, but he's not an Andre Johnson either on or off the field.
                              Yeah.. you want to make a bet on that one???

                              Larry Fitzgerald caught 100 passes for 1,409 yards and 10 touchdowns for the Cardinals last season (2007). In 60 career games over four seasons, all in Arizona, he has 330 receptions for 4,544 yards -- a 13.8 yards-per-catch average -- and 34 touchdowns.


                              Brandon Marshall caught 101 passes for 1120 yrds and 10 touchdowns for the Broncos last season (2009). In 60 career games over four seasons, all in Denver, he has 327 receptions for 4,019 yrds -- a 12.8 yards-per-catch average -- and 25 touchdowns.

                              Andre Johnson caught 103 passes for 1147 yrds and 5 touchdowns for the Texans last season (2006). In 60 career games over four seasons, all in Houston, he has 311 receptions for 3953 yrds -- a 12.7 yard-per-catch average -- and 17 touchdowns.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Tron Solo View Post
                                Strait up we need Marshall to stay, what the hell is wrong with you guys? We need to keep him, he might be the best in the league in the next few years and is pretty close right now while only catching the ball 5 yards of the LOS. Why is everybody willing to sell him off for the crap shoot that is the draft? McDaniel's right now is like a Walrus sitting in the cockpit of a F22 Raptor, crazy amounts of firepower and no ability to use it.

                                All this talk like Marshall is already gone is making me sick, it is bad enough all the negative moves surrounding the team. I want to put this out there to see who wants to keep him, and who wants the coach to grow up and learn to manage players like a pro and not like his high school coach daddy.

                                Do you want to keep the Beast? post with why or why not.
                                Now that I've Shown that Marshall's accomplishments rank right up there with Larry Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson his first four seasons in the NFL (and thats when not getting but 1 start and only 20 catches his rookie season, if he would have gotten even HALF of what he has since, he would have blown the others away in catches)....

                                lets get back to the OP question.

                                The ONLY reason I dont' see him being signed in Denver next season, is because of his relationship with McD. Has nothing to do with his abilities.. because skill wise, he's as good as ANYONE in the NFL.... period. He very well could be the best receiver in the NFL. The guy is an absolute BEAST, and those trying to 'sell' the "he's only a possession receiver"... aren't being truthful.

                                Also (I'm borrowing this from Tned)... the "if he doesn't want to be here, I don't want him here" mantra is WAAAYyyyyyyyy over used on the board. Players will play where they get paid. ITs a business. Players want to play for the team that shows them the respect (thats how they view it) by paying them what they are worth.

                                Marshall is SEVERELY underpaid for the kind of production he's putting on the field. MAJORLY underpaid. His gripe is that he put HIS career on the line in 2008 because of a misdiagnosis that could have ended his career, and felt he deserved a raise considering the numbers he put up. The coach and owner told him he had to 'earn the raise.' That pisssed him off, and I can't say I blame him.

                                So Marshall isn't going to play for cheap, McD wouldn't dare have someone on his roster that doesn't kiss his ring.... and the two personalities will NEVER be able to work together.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X