Logic passes the ball to the Beast FTW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tron Solo View Post
    Strait up we need Marshall to stay, what the hell is wrong with you guys? We need to keep him, he might be the best in the league in the next few years and is pretty close right now while only catching the ball 5 yards of the LOS. Why is everybody willing to sell him off for the crap shoot that is the draft? McDaniel's right now is like a Walrus sitting in the cockpit of a F22 Raptor, crazy amounts of firepower and no ability to use it.

All this talk like Marshall is already gone is making me sick, it is bad enough all the negative moves surrounding the team. I want to put this out there to see who wants to keep him, and who wants the coach to grow up and learn to manage players like a pro and not like his high school coach daddy.

Do you want to keep the Beast? post with why or why not.
    Keep Marshall... Get rid of McDanials! That is what I would do.
    If you love NFL stats and history
    pro-football-reference.com
    jt-sw.com/football

Comment

I may be imagining this, but during that last week where Marshall got benched, didn't the team captains all go to McDaniels and specifically say that Marshall had serious attitude problems?

Comment

Originally posted by noobius View Post
        I may be imagining this, but during that last week where Marshall got benched, didn't the team captains all go to McDaniels and specifically say that Marshall had serious attitude problems?
        No, they asked for accountability from the guys in the locker room. It wasn't a direct request by the players to BM, just an overall request by them to the coach. This just happen to be at the same time BM had issues with practice and an injury.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by elecshoc View Post
          No, they asked for accountability from the guys in the locker room. It wasn't a direct request by the players to BM, just an overall request by them to the coach. This just happen to be at the same time BM had issues with practice and an injury.
          Ah, thanks. I probably got that mixed up with something else I heard.

That said, while I was looking around trying to see if I was remembering correctly, I ran across Bailey saying this, “It seemed like Brandon wasn’t doing the things necessary for every player on the team to do to make us successful.” Which makes me wonder if he was part of the locker room issues they were talking about.

Comment

That said, while I was looking around trying to see if I was remembering correctly, I ran across Bailey saying this, “It seemed like Brandon wasn’t doing the things necessary for every player on the team to do to make us successful.” Which makes me wonder if he was part of the locker room issues they were talking about.
            The timeline in which everything turned out lends itself to that conclusion.

sigpic

Comment

Don't mention FACTS on these boards because it doesn't hold weight! The only thing that matters is what people make up in their own heads!
              sigpic

Comment

No thanks.

This isn't Shannahan's team anymore. I don't like cancerous, wife beating players who want huge pay raises with big suspension risks hanging over their heads.

Trade him for best value please.
                1. LB Arthur Brown Kansas State
                2. SS Dj Swearinger South Carolina

Comment

I couldn’t fathom the news of LT wanting to go to Denver last year if the chargers cut him, it just didn’t seem right. That being said say you guys trade marshall, he plays out the year, then tries to join the bolts. I know its not likely ( I would love it), but how hard would it be to see him twice a year in blue and gold.
                  EDIT:: Marshall is the best reciever in the west, in my opinion.
                  Last edited by CHARGER$; 01-22-2010, 06:20 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Strait up we need Marshall to stay, what the hell is wrong with you guys? We need to keep him, he might be the best in the league in the next few years and is pretty close right now while only catching the ball 5 yards of the LOS. Why is everybody willing to sell him off for the crap shoot that is the draft? McDaniel's right now is like a Walrus sitting in the cockpit of a F22 Raptor, crazy amounts of firepower and no ability to use it.

All this talk like Marshall is already gone is making me sick, it is bad enough all the negative moves surrounding the team. I want to put this out there to see who wants to keep him, and who wants the coach to grow up and learn to manage players like a pro and not like his high school coach daddy.

Because some of us are fans of the TEAM as a whole and not just one player, and we would like to make moves that is best for our team, whether it is with PERSONEL or FINANCIALLY! Nobody can argue about his production, he has been consistant for 3 years in a row, and that says a lot, and thats why we would love to keep him! With that being said, his off the field issues has really put the Organization in a tuff spot because, you have to reach an agreement that is fair to both sides, and Marshall is going to have to meet the Broncos halfway on this situation! We can't give him rediculous money and if he gets suspended, now that becomes dead money, atleast what is guaranteed of it! Alot of us believe that Marshall is a possession reciever and a #2 reciever, and if we were to trade him, here are some some draft prospects that maybe able to replace him.

Dez Bryant 6'2 220 runs a 4.58 projected as a 1st rd pick

Brandon LaFell 6'3 206 runs a 4.54 proj as a 1st-2nd rd pick

Demaryius Thomas 6'3 229 runs a 4.59 proj as a 2nd rd pick

Carlton Mitchell 6'4 212 runs a 4.45 proj as a 2nd-3rd rd pick

Dezmon Briscoe 6'3 200 runs a 4.62 proj as a 2nd-3rd rd pick

Danario Alexander 6'4 215 runs a 4.58 proj as a 3rd rd pick

Eric Decker 6'3 215 runs a 4.54 proj as a 3rd rd pick

Riley Cooper 6'3 215 runs a 4.49 proj as a 3rd-4th rd pick

Now of course we don't know what these guys will do when they get in the league, but 99% of you would be lying to YOURSELVES and the people that are reading this if you knew or had any idea that Marshall or even Anquan Boldin would be this good! Even though i think it would be a HUGE RISK to trade him and HOPE that a rookie could take Marshalls place, it would be a HUGE RISK to keep Marshall and expect him to be squeeky clean!

Once again, this isn't like your job, when you get wrote up and it falls off the next year of that date! Marshall can mess up in 2yrs and be suspended for atleast 8 games, and some of you will not admitt it, but it would seriously hurt from a financial stand point and in production! And IMO, thats why we don't mind trading him!
                    sigpic

Comment

I've been saying the same thing over the course of this entire F-FEST.
                      sigpic
                      "Made by White Dragon - 8/26/10"
                      Great Job & thanks, WD!

"He had a better career than [Hall of Famer Gale] Sayers did, but he is not held in the same regard. Is that fair to Davis?"--Dan Patrick, ESPN

“A great shot is when you pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it.” --Phil Mickelson, 2010 Masters champion

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                        I agree 100 catches is no easy feat, but there are easier ways to do it, and that's how he's gotten it.

Andre Johnson getting 100 catches and averaging 15+ yards per catch is deathly impressive, Marshall getting 100 catches and average 11 yards per catch shows he's a possession guy.

Marshall is a great receiver, but he's not an Andre Johnson either on or off the field.
                        Are you kidding me?...For one Andre Johnson has an OC that doesn't limit the offense to 5 yards per route, and he also has a QB that can actually get him the ball beyond 15 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by CHARGER$ View Post
                          I couldn’t fathom the news of LT wanting to go to Denver last year if the chargers cut him, it just didn’t seem right. That being said say you guys trade marshall, he plays out the year, then tries to join the bolts. I know its not likely ( I would love it), but how hard would it be to see him twice a year in blue and gold.
                          It would suck. The guy is a beast. He can play against any corner in the NFL. His first four year stats match up with the best in the game. To see him come back and play against us twice a year, knowing would could have had THAT guy still on our team, would piss me off.

Comment

Originally posted by CHARGER$ View Post
                            Cro would be thrilled. I, on the other hand, would be throwing up in my mouth!

Comment

Originally posted by Endzo View Post
                              No thanks.

This isn't Shannahan's team anymore. I don't like cancerous, wife beating players who want huge pay raises with big suspension risks hanging over their heads.

Trade him for best value please.
                              So we should get rid of Richard Quinn as well, right?

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                                Don't mention FACTS on these boards because it doesn't hold weight! The only thing that matters is what people make up in their own heads!
                                So many of these McD fanboys sound like eight-year-olds when they post.

Comment

Working...
                                X