Is Tony Scheffler just a fan favorite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ExBillsfan View Post
    I know first post. Hopefully I don't make an A$$ of it. LOL.

So as you can see I'm an ex-Bills fan. I know what dissapointing players and coaches looks like. I've dealt with a lot of them.

IMHO, McDaniels is on that list. Now I'd give him a couple more years but frankly he smells of Mike Mularky all over.

What does that have to do with anything? Well consider that when Mike Mularkey was hired as HC of the Bills immediately after a couple of weeks of practices Pat Williams the Pro Bowl and best DT now on the Minnisota Vikings, and Eric Moulds formerly a probowl level WR started complaining. No listen these guys dealt with a lot of adversity before. It wasn't that that caused the outbursts. It was the lack of faith in the coach that did it. They knew they had no hope of winning in the Mularkey system. Josh Reed, etc... all complained as well. The Bills released Moulds and Williams amung some other lesser known guys that year. They team has never looked the same. Having been a top 5 D under Greg Williams and Co the loss of both top notch DTs killed the D to now ranking in the low 30s.

I see a lot of the same stuff going on here. Marshall who has always had off the field issues never complained about team stuff, is now. Scheffler, Hillis, Nolan, etc...

This stinks of a lack of confidence in the coach. Hillis who put the team on his shoulders in late 2008 was set to be someone very special this year is now on the practice squad or something. How does that happen. A guy who racked up 200 yards running and recieving combined is benched the next year? Scheffler who is no Gonzalez but is a good TE is now likely being sent away with one of the TOP 10 WRs in the league in Marshall?

Trouble is brewing and for those of you who knock Shanny for being tired and set in his ways he certainly could get some great talent on the field.
    You are correct. When players who never had problems on the field before start complaining something has to be wrong. Even Nolan couldn't leave fast enough.

Since McD became HC the list of the disgruntled are:

Cutler
    Marshall
    Hillis
    Scheffler
    Nolan

Comment

Originally posted by bucking bronco View Post
      You are correct. When players who never had problems on the field before start complaining something has to be wrong. Even Nolan couldn't leave fast enough.

Since McD became HC the list of the disgruntled are:

Cutler
      Marshall
      Hillis
      Scheffler
      Nolan
      Good point - - and in my mind its just a matter of fit. Look at them on a case by case basis (and I will try to be as objective as possible)

Cutler - McD values smart QBs who make good decisions and take care of the football (see also - 26 interceptions).

Marshall - showed in training camp and in Week 17 that he is not interested in being a Bronco.

Hillis - is a FB not a HB. . . can you name the FBs who played for the Patriots during McD's years? Me either. . . he doesnt fit the system.

Scheffler - McD values physical TE's who are tough blockers (see also Daniel Graham), Scheff is not a tough, physical blocking tight end.

Nolan - who knows? The Broncos had been asked for permission to interview him by the Fins and they gave him the respect to allow him to choose - - an option which allows him to be in a contract that makes him more money and allows him to be covered under contract that extends through a possible 2011 work stoppage.

I know that some of you will want to call me a Kool Aid Drinking, McD Loving, Orton Apologist, etc, etc. But is the theory I have put forward illogical when you take them on a case by case basis?
      Remember: If you dont feed the trolls - they will go away! Neither logic nor a compelling argument will make a difference.

Comment

Working...
      X