Matt Prater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Prater

This kicker made me eat crow this year. Congratulations and props to you sir. Around the start of the season many of the Bronco community were thinking of ditching this rising star. But he's proven he's made of sterner stuff than what he appeared to be at first.

Here's a good article on him. http://www.milehighreport.com/2010/1...-kathy-ireland
    sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Props for coming back to eat crow.

And yeah, he looked great this year.

Comment

Originally posted by broncoFan! View Post
      This kicker made me eat crow this year. Congratulations and props to you sir. Around the start of the season many of the Bronco community were thinking of ditching this rising star. But he's proven he's made of sterner stuff than what he appeared to be at first.

Here's a good article on him. http://www.milehighreport.com/2010/1...-kathy-ireland

Scoot over at the crow buffet because you are not alone - I'll join you. I was stunned that we kept him and EVEN MORE stunned that they didnt bring in a kicker to compete against him.

They really showed some good insight understanding that his problem seemed to be that he was "over kicking" (too much practice) and his leg got fatigued toward the end of the year. I guess (oddly enough) the coaching staff might know more than I do given the fact that they get to see the player every single day and know him on a different level. Who woulda thunk it?
      Remember: If you dont feed the trolls - they will go away! Neither logic nor a compelling argument will make a difference.

Comment

I'd like to state, and point out, that I was one of his strongest defenders

Comment

Yeah. I would get flamed by friends, family and others for defending his ass (especially after 2 missed PATs) but I knew he had it in him. Glad he proved me right
          2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

meh, the guy still makes me nervous as can be everytime i see him line up for a kick... but he did do a great job this year... hopefully in time i will lose those nervous feelings... consider this my crow eating
            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
            Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
              I'd like to state, and point out, that I was one of his strongest defenders
              id like to join you with that. I was defending him all offseason and thought we shouldnt give up on him after his first year kicking. :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post
                id like to join you with that. I was defending him all offseason and thought we shouldnt give up on him after his first year kicking. :thumb:
                i was on that boat as well
                sigpic
                -------

Comment

I think almost everybody is eating crow on this one, looks like he might turn out to be a decent kicker after all.

Comment

You can look up mah posts if you want, I supported him too

I just took a gander at Elams first few years (which were bad) and decided it was too soon too pass judgment and WOOHOO he turned out to be pretty good.

Hopefully next year he won't have to kick so many FG's though, and we'll instead punch those in for

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                      You can look up mah posts if you want, I supported him too

I just took a gander at Elams first few years (which were bad) and decided it was too soon too pass judgment and WOOHOO he turned out to be pretty good.

Hopefully next year he won't have to kick so many FG's though, and we'll instead punch those in for
                      I was just getting ready to say something similiar! I hope he doesn't make it to the Probowl next year based off of FG's
                      sigpic

Comment

I think I was in the middle?

Prater was the man this year.

He has the leg to beat Elam's record.

Comment

FGA
                          FGM
                          PCT

FGA
                          FGM
                          PCT

not bad he definitely improved from last year and hes got a pretty good leg

Comment

Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
                            FGA
                            FGM
                            PCT

FGA
                            FGM
                            PCT

Prater can definately kick. Hopefully they can find a punter.
                            sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
                              FGA
                              FGM
                              PCT

FGA
                              FGM
                              PCT

Thx for the stats :salute!: He almost cut his misses in half :go: Very impressive

Comment

Working...
                              X