Reggie Hayward and the D-line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raiderjoe
    Okay Lets hear what you expect Broncos offense to put up up against a porous Tampa bay defense this week.(I need a good laugh) BTW Redskins put up only 125 passing yards on Tampabay in week one. (Wow hat is a very bad number)

So lets hear your prediction and when your offense struggles against the Buccs defense, than come tell me how bad that Tampabay defense is. Hey einstein aren't KC Chiefs and Chargers defenses two of the worst defenses in the league.

Here is snmething intresting the three teams Raiders played are in the top ten in defense(Steelers, Bills and Buccs) While only team in top ten(8 -Jaguars) that Broncos played on defense.(Again I give you you facts)
    Raiders would have the top defense but just when your up 24 points your going to give up some garbage numbers as your more conncern with takiing as much time off the clock. (prevent defense)

How did Broncos running game look against the Chargers this week(I thought any rb could look good behind Denver Oline- LMao
    Well if you played a KC defense every week than you might have a point.
    Have you ever thought what everyone else knows, That the "three teams Raiders played are in the top ten in defense(Steelers, Bills and Buccs) ". Just might have the top ten defense because they played the faiderettes, who have one of the worst Offenses in the league? Probably need to look into a mirror on that one. 0:0

On to the SAN question:
    Is there a need to run when you can pass all day? A good team will take what the Defense will allow. When SAN had all 11 players within 5 yards of the LOS all day fearful that Q would get loose. Mikey turned that bad defensive strategy into a win.

Our Offense is not one dimensional like yours. OAK has to pass to move the ball. If the the other team is geared to stop the run, we merely pass it down their throats.

I rewatched the game again last night. SAN stacked the line all game Even had their CB's up tight on the line The FS was the only one deep and most of the time he was holding hands with the ref behind the line about 5-8 yards back.

Because of this action DEN was able to get the WR's and TE's open almost at will.

It think Raiderjose you will be surprised when you play SAN. Their D is not all that bad.

Comment

Okay Lets hear what you expect Broncos offense to put up up against a porous Tampa bay defense this week.(I need a good laugh) BTW Redskins put up only 125 passing yards on Tampabay in week one. (Wow hat is a very bad number)

So lets hear your prediction and when your offense struggles against the Buccs defense, than come tell me how bad that Tampabay defense is. Hey einstein aren't KC Chiefs and Chargers defenses two of the worst defenses in the league.

Here is snmething intresting the three teams Raiders played are in the top ten in defense(Steelers, Bills and Buccs) While only team in top ten(8 -Jaguars) that Broncos played on defense.(Again I give you you facts)
      Raiders would have the top defense but just when your up 24 points your going to give up some garbage numbers as your more conncern with takiing as much time off the clock. (prevent defense)

How did Broncos running game look against the Chargers this week(I thought any rb could look good behind Denver Oline- LMao
      Well if you played a KC defense every week than you might have a point.
      Same ol' Homerjoe.
      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Gallery a rookie, will not hold Hayward down. He's a rookie, no way.

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco16
          Gallery a rookie, will not hold Hayward down. He's a rookie, no way.

Want to put a little wager on that one. Gallery is not going only to hold Hayward down but he probably won't even break a sweat. IF Haywood has to go against Gallery than hes in for a long night and probably won'tbe heard from all game .
          http://www.raiders.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/ALELCOFJPHFH/112804gallery-sp10.jpg

Comment

Want to put a little wager on that one. Gallery is not going only to hold Hayward down but he probably won't even break a sweat. IF Haywood has to go against Gallery than hes in for a long night and probably won'tbe heard from all game .
            Dude... Gallery hurt his elbow without moving, Hayward will be a problem. Your saying Gallery is an Orlando Pace, sooo good.. but hes a learning rookie.

Comment

Dude... Gallery hurt his elbow without moving, Hayward will be a problem. Your saying Gallery is an Orlando Pace, sooo good.. but hes a learning rookie.
              But Dude he is massive that is all they need in OAK.
              Forget they have a has been owner, a neverbe coach.
              All they need is a massive Oline and mickey the mope can run the ball and all of ther reeeeeaallv tall recievers will be able to catch every ball in thier quadrant.
              MASSIVE AND FAST the new buzz words in raiderette nation.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrhampton
                But Dude he is massive that is all they need in OAK.
                Forget they have a has been owner, a neverbe coach.
                All they need is a massive Oline and mickey the mope can run the ball and all of ther reeeeeaallv tall recievers will be able to catch every ball in thier quadrant.
                MASSIVE AND FAST the new buzz words in raiderette nation.
                Any player that goes to the Roiders is automatically a superstar with no downside.
                John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Dude of course im not talking about 6 wrs out there one time. Im talking about the quality of WRs 2-6 that might be playing in that situation. (could be anyone of them) Raiders have so many diffrent options(depth) at 2-6 that its tough for other team to matchup to variety of WR, Raiders have.

1. J porter 6'2 230- can do it all , go deep and catcvh ball over the middle

2. J rice 6'2 195- starting to see a smaller role in offense but still runs some best routes you will ever see

3 Doug Gabriel 6'2 217 - very similar to J Porter as he can do it all. By season end could be raiders best WR.

4. Ronald Curry 6'2 220 - is a very great athlethe who not the fastest Wr around but who runs excellent routes. Had the nickname seven / eleven ibn training camp as he was always open. His development was big reason T Brown was released.

5 Alvis Whitted-6' 185 this Wr has world class speed. Up untill this year had questionable hands. So far he has caught everything his way.

6. C Francis 5'10 195- fastest player at last year combine.

7 J morant 6'5 230 4.45 Tremendous size and speed who going tro give alot of Cb trouble deep.
                  For all the variety that you suggest the Roiders have, we have quite a variety of guys that can perform in the secondary.

1- Champ Bailey- can flat out cover anyone in the NFL, period.

2- Kelly Herndon- an up and comer, who is very strong against the run and has impressive timing; but will tend to give up a play here and there. He can be considered a playmaker.

3- Lenny Walls- a 6'4 freak at corner who is especially strong against the run and makes up for his quint lack of mobility with superior pass defensing skills. If I am not mistaken, he may have been close to the top of the NFL, or at least on this team, in pass deflections, last year.

4- To counter the Roiders' so called team speed at WR, that you suggest is such a huge advantage, we have guys like Willie Middlebrooks, who is finally putting all the things together that can make a significant team contribution, not to mention he is a burner. One of the fastest guys on the team and we have good team speed, especially on defense.

5-Rookie Roc Alexander also has phenomenol speed and has shown a knack at the very least to make significant plays whether in the secondary or on special teams.

With all the unproven guys like Doug Gabriel and subract Jerry Porter out of the equation (Champ will shut him down..) we can effectively pass on the responsibility to either one of the younger guys to cover guys like Jerry Rice in combination or in single coverage. Lenny Walls can effectively counter someone like Ronald Currys' size.

I think it is going to be extremely difficult for WHOEVER is under center for you, to develop a significant rythym in the passing game. Don't forget, our LB's can be effective downfield coverage tools, even against WR's.

Sorry, homerjoe...your Roiders are going down.
                  Originally posted by boltzpride619
                  What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
                  True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

Hayward will not be a problem, he should have a T Pryce impact against the Raiders(Trevor who?- non factor) Come back after Raider game in couple weeks and tell me how effective haywood was against man Mountain R Gallery.
                    http://www.raiders.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/ALELCOFJPHFH/112804gallery-sp10.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by RunByDesign
                      For all the variety that you suggest the Roiders have, we have quite a variety of guys that can perform in the secondary.

1- Champ Bailey- can flat out cover anyone in the NFL, period.
                      Sorry hes no C Woodson - but he just a cut below
                      2- Kelly Herndon- an up and comer, who is very strong against the run and has impressive timing; but will tend to give up a play here and there. He can be considered a playmaker.

Yea so was D Oneal considered a playmaker( for the other team)

3- Lenny Walls- a 6'4 freak at corner who is especially strong against the run and makes up for his quint lack of mobility with superior pass defensing skills. If I am not mistaken, he may have been close to the top of the NFL, or at least on this team, in pass deflections, last year.

Yea L Walls has major speed concerns and with official enforcing the pass interference calls this year, his lack of speed will be exposed big time. Very bad matchup for Broncos as youi might see alvis Whitted and his world class speed .

4- To counter the Roiders' so called team speed at WR, that you suggest is such a huge advantage, we have guys like Willie Middlebrooks, who is finally putting all the things together that can make a significant team contribution, not to mention he is a burner. One of the fastest guys on the team and we have good team speed, especially on defense.

Willie Middlebust is starting to put what together

5-Rookie Roc Alexander also has phenomenol speed and has shown a knack at the very least to make significant plays whether in the secondary or on special teams.

With all the unproven guys like Doug Gabriel and subract Jerry Porter out of the equation (Champ will shut him down..) we can effectively pass on the responsibility to either one of the younger guys to cover guys like Jerry Rice in combination or in single coverage. Lenny Walls can effectively counter someone like Ronald Currys' size.

I think it is going to be extremely difficult for WHOEVER is under center for you, to develop a significant rythym in the passing game. Don't forget, our LB's can be effective downfield coverage tools, even against WR's.

Sorry, homerjoe...your Roiders are going down.

Again outside of Chump Bailey no one in your secondary scare me and they are no match to what Raiders have at WR.
                      Raiders oline will give K Collins time and with time Raiders Wr should be coming open quite often. Belief your bogus defensive ranking but your not playing a Jaguar, Chargers or Chief(minus all there WR) and will be expose (like playoff game against Colts) as abn average defense.
                      The bad thing for you is that Raiders can do anythin g they want against your defense. They want to run the football down your throatsd they can.

For millonth time Denver does not match up to Raiders on either side of ball. Your getting sweep by the Raiders.

Comment

Again outside of Chump Bailey no one in your secondary scare me and they are no match to what Raiders have at WR.
                        Raiders oline will give K Collins time and with time Raiders Wr should be coming open quite often. Belief your bogus defensive ranking but your not playing a Jaguar, Chargers or Chief(minus all there WR) and will be expose (like playoff game against Colts) as abn average defense.
                        The bad thing for you is that Raiders can do anythin g they want against your defense. They want to run the football down your throatsd they can.

For millonth time Denver does not match up to Raiders on either side of ball. Your getting sweep by the Raiders.
                        After sifting through your hell of grammatical and spelling errors I figured out what your point was. You think the Raiders can and will sweep the Broncos this year...

I guess someone has to believe it. Your run game is laughable, Porter is a very good WR but doesn't match up to Bailey, and I would take the rest of our CBs over your WRs any day. I sure hope Rice doesn't come across the middle, Lynch might break Rice's hip.

Comment

RaiderJoe

How old are you? are you like 7 years old? you have absolutely no rationality, You argue against everything possible as if the Raiders have won the past 3 superbowls. and When you continuously get shutdown by more rationally sound arguments all you do is stop posting and come back like a cancer weeks later.

I'm a Bronco fan, but you don't see me predicting superbowls this year for this team.... Anyone with eyes and ears can tell that Denver is twice as talented as Oakland.

You think Denver can't get pressure against that fat slow Raider line? Are you kidding me? Denver had impressive pressure on the Chiefs without blitzing in week one. And John Tait or not, The Chiefs O-line is light years ahead of anything the Raiders are going to have in the next couple of years. Don't Kid yourself. All you do is put up porous arguments that lack simple logic. One day I'm sure someone takes the blinders off, and maybe you'll be able to see how oblivious you once were.
                          Beneath the shadow of the NFL's greatest player, AL Wilson shall cement his legacy in Denver - leading the new Orange crush to a third superbowl.

Comment

so you have pointed out the fact that you have rookies who are better than probowlers..as in "gallery over tpryce" how can u make such an assumption when they haven't even played against eachother, and if your comparing gallery L.kenn, then you truly are a moron. so lynch and kennedy dont scare you? or walls or herndon? look what they did to the raiders last year, (porter/rice/jolly) a total of 18 points i believe in two games. and that was without lynch n bailey.
                            sigpic

Comment

The bad thing for you is that Raiders can do anythin * they want against your defense. They want to run the football down your throatsd they can.

Yo Joe where are you?

The score would have been 31-ZIP had Jake not given you a gift!

Collins really lit up the score board with a 136 Yards in the air!

Your vaunted Oline really ran it down our throats with that whooping 31 yards.

And Chump bailey gave your STUD PORTER his 21 yards. You must really be proud of this team.

Think our bogus defense just got fatter on your BOGUS OFFENSIVE team.

The only thing your team did well today was PUNT!

Comment

Working...
                              X