Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garrison Hearst could restore balence back to our offense .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garrison Hearst could restore balence back to our offense .

5'11 215 lb's

12 year pro - missed 1999 & 2000 due to injury

1816 rushing attempts
    7903 rushing yards
    4.4 yards avg per attempt
    29 rushing TD'S

228 pass receptions
    2050 reception yards
    9.0 yards avg per catch
    9 pass catching TD'S

4 passing attempts
    1 passing TD

121 games played
    19 fumbles

Put this guy in untill Q gets his head straight and Bell gets completly healthy. Heast thrives in a 'west coast' style offence, He is the best pass catching runner on the team, and probly in the top 3 in the NFL in pass catching runners that are playing in the nfl right now. He is a very good runner who can break tackles, he is one of the best when it comes to goal line running[or catching], he is an excellent pass blocker, he has seen and played against every kind of defensive look there is. Heck, this guy is a very good back. with Denvers defense playing as well as it is now, the only thing this team is missing is offensive balence, a vet back like Heast can deliver that balence untill the two young backs can come on. I still think Bell will be the number 1 guy before the seasons over, but right now Hearst could come in and help denver build a big lead in the AFC west. Hearst has done it all and felt it all, fumbles and stuff like that will not mess his head up, he knows how to deal with bad breaks and he sure knows how to beat those bad breaks. Shanny will not have to worry about this guys feelings or what mood he is in, all you gotta do is put him in their and he will go to work.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Re: Garrison Hearst could restore balence back to our offense .

Originally posted by theshiverman
    5'11 215 lb's

12 year pro - missed 1999 & 2000 due to injury

1816 rushing attempts
    7903 rushing yards
    4.4 yards avg per attempt
    29 rushing TD'S

228 pass receptions
    2050 reception yards
    9.0 yards avg per catch
    9 pass catching TD'S

4 passing attempts
    1 passing TD

121 games played
    19 fumbles

Put this guy in untill Q gets his head straight and Bell gets completly healthy. Heast thrives in a 'west coast' style offence, He is the best pass catching runner on the team, and probly in the top 3 in the NFL in pass catching runners that are playing in the nfl right now. He is a very good runner who can break tackles, he is one of the best when it comes to goal line running[or catching], he is an excellent pass blocker, he has seen and played against every kind of defensive look there is. Heck, this guy is a very good back. with Denvers defense playing as well as it is now, the only thing this team is missing is offensive balence, a vet back like Heast can deliver that balence untill the two young backs can come on. I still think Bell will be the number 1 guy before the seasons over, but right now Hearst could come in and help denver build a big lead in the AFC west. Hearst has done it all and felt it all, fumbles and stuff like that will not mess his head up, he knows how to deal with bad breaks and he sure knows how to beat those bad breaks. Shanny will not have to worry about this guys feelings or what mood he is in, all you gotta do is put him in their and he will go to work.
    Can't argue with the logic. But it is just not gonna happen. Because Tater is the fastest back in the daft! Everyone on this board knows that!
    Plus the fact he has to many fumbles.
    Last edited by Jrhampton; 09-29-2004, 04:45 PM.

Comment

I'm not gonna bother arguing until you learn how to spell balance.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
        Great, another apple polishing teachers pet, sorry i type so fast i miss spelled some, go bother that other guy that spelled week- weak. either that or go get laid.
        "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

I think Garrison Hearst should be our pound it out back. You know, on short yardage he should be in there. Tatum Bell should be our change of pace type back and third down back for us that is if he has learn how to pick up blitzes on pass protection. Quentin Griffin should stay the starter and be the every down back.

Comment

Re: Re: Garrison Hearst could restore balence back to our offense .

Originally posted by Jrhampton
            Can't argue with the logic. But it is just not gonna happen. Because Tater is the fastest back in the daft! Everyone on this board knows that!
            who has too many fumbles?...are you talking about hearst? dude, check this out....

Garrison Hearst games played 121 -fumbles 19
            Jamal Lewis 57 22
            Ahman Green 95 27
            Priest Holmes 97 11
            Shawn Alexander 67 13
            Emmitt Smith 214 57
            Marshall Faulk 149 32
            Curtis Martin 142 26
            Jerome Bettis 168 40

Hearst has a good 'games played' to' fumble ratio', so basically he has played in 102 games without a fumble, thats just a figure of speech because it could be more games played without a fumble because he could have had a bad game where he fumbled twice in one game, but any way you look at it he is not a fumbler.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Garrison Hearst could restore balence back to our offense .

Originally posted by theshiverman
              who has too many fumbles?...are you talking about hearst? dude, check this out....

Garrison Hearst games played 121 -fumbles 19
              Jamal Lewis 57 22
              Ahman Green 95 27
              Priest Holmes 97 11
              Shawn Alexander 67 13
              Emmitt Smith 214 57
              Marshall Faulk 149 32
              Curtis Martin 142 26
              Jerome Bettis 168 40

Hearst has a good 'games played' to' fumble ratio', so basically he has played in 102 games without a fumble, thats just a figure of speech because it could be more games played without a fumble because he could have had a bad game where he fumbled twice in one game, but any way you look at it he is not a fumbler.

Let me repost something I did earlier. You'll note that Hearst was the worst of the group in the number of fumbles in his first year in the league 12 fumbles losing 8.

Just for jollies I looked up some other players, to compare with their first 12-20 games in the league.

Name***** year*****GS*** fumbles**** lost
              Porti$*****2002*****12*****5*********3
              **********2003*****16*****3*********1
              *********2004*******3*****3*********2
              Martin C**1995******15*****5********3
              *********1996******16*****4********3
              Alexander s 01*******12*****4********4
              Faulk****1994*******16*****5*******3
              *********1995******16*****8*******5
              Green/A**2000*******11*****6********4
              *********2001******16*****5********4
              Hearst/G**1995******15****12********8
              Holmes/p*1998*******13****3********3 in BAL first year
              *********2001******16****4********3 in KC first year
              James/E**1999******16*****8*********4
              *********2000******16****5********5
              Lewis/J***2000******13*****6*********2
              *********2002*******15****8********7
              Taylor****1998*******12****3********2
              *********2000*******13****4********2

Now just maybe I’m being a tad bit overprotective here, But based on the above decent to great running backs history.

Just, maybe our expectations are a bit high.

Perhaps we are expecting more than should be out of a essentially a first year back.

I think it was Yosemite Sam used to say BACK OFF!!!

Comment

Good point, put him in for some. I think Q needs to still start, but let Hearst and Bell take on a bigger role this game than the past 3.
                Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

Comment

Re: Re: Garrison Hearst could restore balence back to our offense .

Originally posted by Jrhampton
                  what does speed have to do with anything?
                  The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                  While he sits by his hearth at home.
                  Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                  That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

how does clinton look in Washington for fumbles arleady this year.... also i understand rookies fumble but when you drop the ball three times in three games thats not goo.........did he fumble last year in GB or INDY?
                    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                    While he sits by his hearth at home.
                    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                    That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Q is not a rookie. I know that he didn't really play last year, but he has a year of pro experience. It may be a rookie-like experience, but I expect more out of him than a rookie.

Comment

Underdog

Everyone wants Q to succeed because he is the underdog, part of the reason I like the Broncos was rooting for the underdog in late 80's superbowls. Eventually though, you have to realize that people have doubts for a reason. Not every underdog succeeds. Garrison Hearst is a proven commodity with a few years left in the tank. Tatum Bell is the future, like it or not. Q has the luxury (right now) of being the only back on our team without injury. As far as Shanahans support, name the last time Shanny said O'Neill was a bust. Or Greise.

Comment

Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
                          You have NO ROOM to talk Mr. Spell-Checker.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                          2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by MN-Broncofreak
                            Q is not a rookie. I know that he didn't really play last year, but he has a year of pro experience. It may be a rookie-like experience, but I expect more out of him than a rookie.

Let me try to get the point across again. Since some of you are just to dense to get it.

Although Q is not a rookie he has played in less than 14 games since about this time last year. He has started 4 Games now, one at the end of the year last year and 3 this year. He has had less carries in this "pro exprience" than all the others on the list.

Q has had a whooping 154 carries 3.7 YPC and 6 fumbles during this time.

Conversley Hearst had 284 carries 3.8 YPC average and 12 fumbles in his first real exprience in PHX in 1995.

For all intents and purposes he is still a rookie. Like that fact or NOT.

Let us not try to have him carry the responsiblity of the offense on his EGO quite yet.

Give the kid a break.

Some moron over the last day or so made comment about him not talking to the press and taking responsiblity for the loss in JAX and about his fumble in the SAN game.

Not everyone wants to get up in front a bunch of people and speak. Infact that is one of the biggest fears in life for most people.
                            Because he choses to express himself on a football field while wearing a uniform and a helmet, instead of public debate is nothing to hang the kid for.

Comment

I'm no Q hater, but I would expect more out of him just like I would expect more out of, say, Carson palmer than a "regular" rookie. I also agree that Hearst is looking solid and Bell is unproven. But hey-- Q does only have 4 starts. I just don't see why some people aren't as open to him sharing some carries while he is struggling. If is is the guy for the job, he'll show us on the field over the next week or two, but Hearst and Bell deserve a shot.

Comment

Working...
                              X