Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garrison Hearst could restore balence back to our offense .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Re: Re: Garrison Hearst could restore balence back to our offense .

Originally posted by Jrhampton

Let me repost something I did earlier. You'll note that Hearst was the worst of the group in the number of fumbles in his first year in the league 12 fumbles losing 8.

Just for jollies I looked up some other players, to compare with their first 12-20 games in the league.

Name***** year*****GS*** fumbles**** lost
    Porti$*****2002*****12*****5*********3
    **********2003*****16*****3*********1
    *********2004*******3*****3*********2
    Martin C**1995******15*****5********3
    *********1996******16*****4********3
    Alexander s 01*******12*****4********4
    Faulk****1994*******16*****5*******3
    *********1995******16*****8*******5
    Green/A**2000*******11*****6********4
    *********2001******16*****5********4
    Hearst/G**1995******15****12********8
    Holmes/p*1998*******13****3********3 in BAL first year
    *********2001******16****4********3 in KC first year
    James/E**1999******16*****8*********4
    *********2000******16****5********5
    Lewis/J***2000******13*****6*********2
    *********2002*******15****8********7
    Taylor****1998*******12****3********2
    *********2000*******13****4********2

Now just maybe I’m being a tad bit overprotective here, But based on the above decent to great running backs history.

Just, maybe our expectations are a bit high.

Perhaps we are expecting more than should be out of a essentially a first year back.

I think it was Yosemite Sam used to say BACK OFF!!!

Dude, who cares about how many fumbles the backs had in the first year, im not trying to compare hearst and Q , im saying hearst could do our offence some good right now, a little time off to get his head straight couldnt hurt Q at all, and the team would be better off right now with another back like hearst who can bring alot to the table for our offense, we all know hearst is no spring chicken and he isnt our future, but he could be a quick fix for a few games , keep the team winning, get some running game going, and take a little pressure off Q's back and let him get his mind together, Q would still get carries in the game and it would let him slowly work his way back into form, instead of chunking his azz out there with everybody riding his back, pressure for not only the win, but people want to see him pop off like 150 yards a game, thats why he is fumbling every game, all he has to do is call up john elway and ask him about the pressure the denver fans can put on a guy. ya gotta remember the guy is a second year back, he has only had two good games indy and k.c, and people started to make him the next barry sanders, the little guy is feeling the pressure. And i for one do not want to see this guy go down in flames because if he does, so do the broncos .
    Last edited by theshiverman; 09-30-2004, 09:36 AM.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Re: Re: Garrison Hearst could restore balence back to our offense .

Can't argue with the logic. But it is just not gonna happen. Because Tater is the fastest back in the daft! Everyone on this board knows that!
      Plus the fact he has to many fumbles.
      QG 6 fumbles in 10 games and you're being critical of Bell?
      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Agreed. You gotta think about what's best for the team, and for Q too. Why would it hurt for Hearst or Bell to carry more, RB by committee in TB unless Q is just playing sick on his carries.
        Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Garrison Hearst could restore balence back to our offense .

quote:
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Can't argue with the logic. But it is just not gonna happen. Because Tater is the fastest back in the daft! Everyone on this board knows that!
          Plus the fact he has to many fumbles.
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by TXBRONC
          QG 6 fumbles in 10 games and you're being critical of Bell?
          The correct context of the message was I was referring Hearst not Bell, as having allot of fumbles.

I should have started a new paragraph. Sorry

The facts are for Q are 6 fumbles in 13 games played, of which he started in only 4 of them. Three of them this year. Of the 6 fumbles, only 4 were lost.

Sorry to have confused you.

Comment

Originally posted by MN-Broncofreak
            Agreed. You gotta think about what's best for the team, and for Q too. Why would it hurt for Hearst or Bell to carry more, RB by committee in TB unless Q is just playing sick on his carries.
            Committee could work better in the long term anyway. I still have doubts about Griffin's durability in the NFL and it'll prevent overuse as the season goes on.
            This space for rent

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Garrison Hearst could restore balence back to our offense .

Originally posted by theshiverman
              Dude, who cares about how many fumbles the backs had in the first year, im not trying to compare hearst and Q , im saying hearst could do our offence some good right now, a little time off to get his head straight couldnt hurt Q at all, and the team would be better off right now with another back like hearst who can bring alot to the table for our offense, we all know hearst is no spring chicken and he isnt our future, but he could be a quick fix for a few games , keep the team winning, get some running game going, and take a little pressure off Q's back and let him get his mind together, Q would still get carries in the game and it would let him slowly work his way back into form, instead of chunking his azz out there with everybody riding his back, pressure for not only the win, but people want to see him pop off like 150 yards a game, thats why he is fumbling every game, all he has to do is call up john elway and ask him about the pressure the denver fans can put on a guy. ya gotta remember the guy is a second year back, he has only had two good games indy and k.c, and people started to make him the next barry sanders, the little guy is feeling the pressure. And i for one do not want to see this guy go down in flames because if he does, so do the broncos .
              I was merely trying to point out to some of the morons on the board that Rookies fumble the ball.
              Now if the shoe fits wear it.

I do agree with your logic about Denver fans and the pressure from their expectations.

But before we yank the kid out and distroy any confidence he still has, I say let him continue on. Its not like we have to many options at this point do we? Tater has bruised strenum and hearst is nursing something also.

He was in a big time college program playing against top flight defenses while at OK. He did not have a fumble problem there and if he did it got fixed before game time.

I'll grant that NFL defenses are better and more consistant, but some BIG 12 football teams could probabaly beat a few NFL teams head to head.:p MIA, PHX and CHI vs U of MIA, USC and U of OK comes to mind as I type.

Comment

Working...
              X