Broncos trade for Quinn!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FD CO View Post
    I hate to bump this up, but I cannot seem to find ANY details regarding the conditional pick for next year's draft.

People keep saying it would be a 3rd rounder if Quinn starts, but I can't find any confirmation of this anywhere.
    Someone posted it in the offseason or in preseason, i thought it was JayJack, but it wasn't...

I do know it's a conditional pick, possibly, i'll see if i can find it.

Comment

• Originally posted by JayJack View Post
      I heard Jason on the NFL Network yesterday say that the conditional pick in 2012 is a 7th that could turn into a 4th depending on Quinn's playing time.
      May not be right...but was a couple posts up from your bump...
      sigpic

Comment

• The conditional 2012 draft pick received by the Browns from the Broncos in exchange for Brady Quinn can escalate to as high as a third-rounder.
        It will at least be a sixth-round pick. Quinn, also acquired for Peyton Hillis and a sixth-rounder in 2011, can escalate the 2012 pick by starting games over the next two seasons. While Quinn is unlikely to unseat Kyle Orton before Week 1, Orton is under control for only this year. Quinn could help his former team by making in-season starts in 2010, or taking over in 2011.

Comment

• Ugh! What an awful trade this turned out to be...
          sigpic

Comment

• http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...l_benefit.html

Comment

• Holy bump.

Crappy trade

Comment

• Originally posted by Twizlers View Post
                Wow.. Quinn really sucks. I like how, all of a sudden, everyone thinks he is still a first round talent that McD will make well. Newsflash, Hillis is worth way more than a backup QB.
                Originally posted by Twizlers View Post
                Actually, I like this trade. Hillis wasn't going to be used here anyway. He will finally get a chance to shine in Cleveland, and make Josh look like an idiot. I'm happy for Hillis, and I'm sure he is happy that he will be used finally, and not benched.

But it does suck that we gave up draft picks..
                ^^Yep, my words right there. Turned out to be right. And even now, this far from the trade, we may still yet have to suffer from it if Quinn ends up starting this year.

sigpic

Comment

• Did the contract say anything about trade backs?

Comment

• Why is everyone complaining about losing a one year wonder who can't hang onto the football?

It'd make sense if Denver ended up having to give up a 3rd rounder, but right now that's not the case.

Comment

Why is everyone complaining about losing a one year wonder who can't hang onto the football?

It'd make sense if Denver ended up having to give up a 3rd rounder, but right now that's not the case.
                      one year wonder? He was very effective when we used him as a rookie and was becoming a huge part of our offense that year before he got injured. Under mcdaniels he was never used, and actually played decent the one game we ran with him.

The next year he goes on to help a crappy browns team and is the only positive they have.

He has some fumbling issues but other than that hes a really good power back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rollo View Post
                        Holy bump.

Crappy trade
                        In hindsight and only because we drafted Tebowm and ended up with all our backs being injured in training camp last year.

When it was made it was a good trade. As seen by the poll most agreed.

Don't we all wish we had the benefit of hindsight all the time

Comment

Why is everyone complaining about losing a one year wonder who can't hang onto the football?

If you can get past your hate for Hillis, or whatever I making u irrational about this, you would see not only did we get screwed on te talent end of the trade but because of the possibility the pick can end up a 3rd rounder then it is like we got double screwed because we can not even find out if maybe Quinn can play in our offense
                          Let's Ride!

Comment

You're kidding right?

There is no way you could be serious, if so this is what blind hate is.

Yes Hillis fumbled often, then again so does/did Adrian Peterson. You wanna know why? Because they are the types of backs that run right into contact, when you do that, the ball will come loose.

Hillis did well his first season, and his last season under Mike. McDaniels didn't know how to use him and even if he did Hillis numbers still would have lowered since Denver was a pass happy team. To add to that word around the league, Peyton passed a move on Josh's wife.

Hillis did great his first season with the Browns, gaining him the Madden 12 cover. This season he has taken a slide because of injury, sickness, and his new coach preferring speed over power.

In his career these are his stats:
                            411 rushing attempts
                            1,785 rushing yards
                            19 rushing touchdowns
                            4.3 yards per carry
                            96 first downs
                            751 passing yards
                            8.0 passing yards per catch
                            3 passing touchdowns
                            9 career fumbles
                            6 for a loss.

Now compare that to current backs 4th year in the league, oh did I mention is injured this season, and has only played barely 4 games?

Peterson has played 1 season more than Hillis with fewer missed games, and guess how many fumbles he has?
                            22 career and 14 for loss. He fumbled once this season, so take that away to lower his career to 4yrs instead of his current 5th. He has 21 fumbles, that's 12 more than Hillis.

Are you gonna say the same thing about AP? doubt it.
                            sigpic
                            Adopted Broncos:
                            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Just for the sake of argument, let's say that Quinn does start and he does well.

Wouldn't it be worth giving up a 3rd round pick to not be forced to use a high draft pick on a quarterback?
                              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                              You Mad Bro?
                              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                                Just for the sake of argument, let's say that Quinn does start and he does well.

Wouldn't it be worth giving up a 3rd round pick to not be forced to use a high draft pick on a quarterback?
                                I've said something along the lines of this. People refuse to think that Quinn could do good.

But I said. What if we start Quinn and he is a success. Wouldn't it be better to have someone who already knows the game, this system, the players, the staff,etc. Than spending a top round pick on his back-up?

People would say "We saw what he did in Cleveland, Quinn is a failure, and will never be a good NFL QB."

Bottom line, it would be nice. Brady is only 27, he still has a good 10 seasons to play in the NFL. I'd rather risk a 3rd on him than a QB in the 3rd assuming we don't draft a QB in the first 2 rounds.

But with Orton gone next season, if Quinn succeeds and gets a new contract, Tebow will likely be put on the block, Adam Weber gets called up. We sign a FA QB probably Matt Flynn or draft Case Keenum or Kellen Moore in the 4th or 5th round.
                                sigpic
                                Adopted Broncos:
                                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Working...
                                X