Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hadez
    replied
    McD said on TV how excited he was about having two 2nd round picks.

Imgine how exciting having two first round picks would be.

The money issue is bogus. If money was that big a deal teams would be giving away high picks instead of asking for Hershall Walker type deals just to move back from top 5 picks.

Leave a comment:

• owninit
    replied
    I'm going to say yes......Alphonso played a limitid role last year, and is better than most in this draft, and now isn't a rookie either.

The prospects of "trading down" aren't looking good this year, and there isn't one person in the top 11 that denver can't live without, let alone two in the top 14. That's a lot of money, for "kinda, sorta" BPA players.

Leave a comment:

• BIG TOOL
    replied
    Obviously this was a stupid move.
    A first round pick is worth more than a second round pick PERIOD.
    Anyone who wants to argue the opposite is flat out wrong, I don't care what the rationale is.

We all agree that you cannot tell if a player will boom or bust when they play in the NFL, therefore a straight trade 1st for 2nd is stupid.
    If you are going to trade your first round pick it should be for a combination of picks that could be considered equal to a first rounder ie. I'll give you my 1st for your 3rd and 4th.

DUH!

Leave a comment:

• RockyMts69
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    Chris Simms was making more money then anyone we drafted last year except Moreno...including Clady and any other former 1st round pick we still had.

If we have enough money to pay a washed up QB who had not played in forever we had enough money to keep two draft picks in 2010
    AMEN TO THAT!!!

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Chris Simms was making more money then anyone we drafted last year except Moreno...including Clady and any other former 1st round pick we still had.

If we have enough money to pay a washed up QB who had not played in forever we had enough money to keep two draft picks in 2010

Leave a comment:

• RockyMts69
    replied
    I personally did not agree with the trade. Everyone knew that 2010 was going to be a banner year in regards to the draft. With so much talent out there, we could have had the cream of the crop!

And then some people will say that they don't want to take a gamble on paying big money for two first rounders. Well we wasted a lot of money and some draft picks on the likes of Travis Henry, Dre Bly, Javon Walker, Ashley Lelie, Niko Koutouvides, Chris Simms and so on!

I'm not saying the Phonzy is a bust, but he was definately not worth a first. And granted we needed a corner, but I think our GM and HC could have evaluated the situation to our needs a with some reservation, patients and better judgement!
    Last edited by RockyMts69; 04-12-2010, 10:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Italianmobstr7
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
    im not one of those fans who bash smith. i think he can be a very good corner if he goes back to being a nickel corner. but still we (you'll hate me for sayin this lol) couldve gotten another 3rd rounder or so. i like the idea of having a high second rounder in 09, however, more we shall have had
    I don't hate you. You're entitled to your opinion like I am to mine. I guess if I could do it over, would I have liked the ability to trade up and get a great player in this draft? Yes. Was that likely to happen though? Probably not. I wouldn't mind having some extra picks in this draft though because it's much deeper than last years. I definitely see where you're coming from with not liking the trade.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Italianmobstr7 View Post
    Coulda woulda shoulda. What's done is done. The Broncos brass know more about what their doing than we do. I have faith that they made the right decision and will make the right decisions in this upcoming draft. We could've done a lot of things different but what's done is done. I like having Alphonso and people shouldn't give up on him so easily. Not ever CB drafted (even in the 1st rd) turn out to be Revis, or Champ Bailey. Give him a little time. He's working with one of the greatest CB's of all time so he may come around sooner than people think.
    im not one of those fans who bash smith. i think he can be a very good corner if he goes back to being a nickel corner. but still we (you'll hate me for sayin this lol) couldve gotten another 3rd rounder or so. i like the idea of having a high second rounder in 09, however, more we shall have had

Leave a comment:

• iowabronco24
    replied
    Never liked it.

Probably never will.

Leave a comment:

• Italianmobstr7
    replied
    1. We could've just traded down with 14 or so in this years draft. we couldve also gotten more than just a second rounder. we couldve also gotten a 3rd rounder or a 2nd rounder in this years draft
    Coulda woulda shoulda. What's done is done. The Broncos brass know more about what their doing than we do. I have faith that they made the right decision and will make the right decisions in this upcoming draft. We could've done a lot of things different but what's done is done. I like having Alphonso and people shouldn't give up on him so easily. Not ever CB drafted (even in the 1st rd) turn out to be Revis, or Champ Bailey. Give him a little time. He's working with one of the greatest CB's of all time so he may come around sooner than people think.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Italianmobstr7 View Post
    Everyone has their own opinions and reasons. Like I just said, I don't want 2 first round picks 2 years in a row. Too much of a chance of wasting BIG money on an unproven player that could be a bust. Smith hasn't had time to do much so I'm not sure why people are ready to
    give up on him already.
    1. We could've just traded down with 14 or so in this years draft. we couldve also gotten more than just a second rounder. we couldve also gotten a 3rd rounder or a 2nd rounder in this years draft

Leave a comment:

• Italianmobstr7
    replied
    i cant believe people are saying yes to this question
    Everyone has their own opinions and reasons. Like I just said, I don't want 2 first round picks 2 years in a row. Too much of a chance of wasting BIG money on an unproven player that could be a bust. Smith hasn't had time to do much so I'm not sure why people are ready to
    give up on him already.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanBoy
    replied
    i cant believe people are saying yes to this question

Leave a comment:

• Italianmobstr7
    replied
    Alphonso is just going into his 2nd year and CB is one of the hardest positions to transfer from NCAA to NFL. I still like the trade because I wouldn't want to pay 2 1st rounders 2 years in a row. I also think that Smith will be much improved this season. Only time will tell.
    Last edited by Italianmobstr7; 04-12-2010, 08:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    I agree it has absolutely nothing to do with hindsight.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X