Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With or against McDaniels direction

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by BroncoBeliever View Post
    I do not understand how people expect there to be change in Dove Valley without some growing pains. Shanny was not cutting it, and we all know this. So did we actually think that brining in a different coach but retaining the same talent was all it was going to take? I don't think that it was Shannahan's coaching talent that was necessarily in question, but rather his personnel decisions and the culture that was beginning to take over the organization. Those decisions by Shanny started producing mediocre results. When you decide to bring in a new coach, along with a new set of philosophies you MUST expect big changes. You MUST break to build (thanks Hoosiers I don't see this as a disaster as some have suggested, but rather a cleansing. You have to break down old foundations before you can build a new more solid one. You have controlled burns to eliminate old, dried up materials doing nothing but taking up space and sucking up resources. The broncos will be fine, and I look forward to the future. Seems like some of you so called bronco fans only wish to maintain a pessimistic attitude, bashing the organization for every move it makes. If you love Shanny so much, or marshall, Cutler and Scheff, please go become fans of them and their teams. I prefer to stick with my team through thick and thin! :go:
    Everything you said is to the T. I agree and made comments similar to this. If you love a team mean it and show it.Doubting and negativity brings what? ISH! Fans are starting to sound like cutler and marshall. They are gone for a reason. Get used to it!

    Comment


    • I'm with McDaniels I just hope that Bowlen gives him enough time to implement his plan. Sure we might not be Super Bowl contenders this year or next year, but if McDaniels is given 2 or 3 more years I think he will have Denver competing for championships for a long time.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • When was the last time that Denver had such a mass exodus of young talented players in their prime? How about never, this is a team that top talent used to flock to and now they can't wait to get out of here.
        Why is that?
        At some point you have to come back to the common denominator and that is McD. These players didn't want out until he came on board, so is it all of the players and coaches who are/were "bad apples" or is it the one common denominator?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by JCJE View Post
          When was the last time that Denver had such a mass exodus of young talented players in their prime? How about never, this is a team that top talent used to flock to and now they can't wait to get out of here.
          Why is that?
          At some point you have to come back to the common denominator and that is McD. These players didn't want out until he came on board, so is it all of the players and coaches who are/were "bad apples" or is it the one common denominator?

          top tallent flocked here like......

          moss
          engleburger
          Webster
          Clarett
          the list goes on....


          Or what about the tallent Shanny ran off

          Trevor Price
          Gerrald Warren
          hixon
          the list goes on....


          Or the tallent shanny picked up in FA

          Sam Adams
          The Browncows
          Travis Henry
          the list goes on....





          Ohhh how about all of the bad apples that now play for McD, the CRAP that wouldn't play anywhere else


          Dawkins
          Goodman
          Hall
          Jamal
          Jarvis Green
          Gaffney
          Justin Bannan
          Haggans
          The list goes on......


          at least look at the big picture

          Comment


          • im definently with mcdaniels direction. i hope it all works out. i think it will.
            for too long under shanahan, we have been a small soft finesse football team on both offense and defense, mainly defense. I hated being soft. I dont want to be like the chargers who are also a soft team. Thats why the jets and steelers beat them in the playoffs the last 2 seasons.

            i love how mcdaniels is trying to turn us into a tough physical football team. He's starting in the right place and thats the trenches. He's turning our offensive line into a power blocking scheme. Ben Hamilton is finally gone. He always got pushed around.

            For the defensive line he's getting us big stout linemen that can hold up very well against the run. Guys like Jamal Williams, Jarvis Green, and Justin Bannan.

            Thats where building a good consistent team starts. You have to have good trenches.
            We dont need a flashy passing game to be a good team. I will miss marshall but we definently can win without him. As long as we can run down teams throats and play stout defense, we should be able to make the playoffs this year.

            Im very interested in seeing what mcdaniels does with the draft. I expect more Olinemen and front 7 players.
            Also its going to be great to finally be distraction free for once in denver. The entire roster should be on the same page now that all of the me first players are gone. Sorry Marshall and Scheffler. Its good to have an entire roster that actually wants to play for the team and give it there all.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by owninit View Post
              top tallent flocked here like......

              moss
              engleburger
              Webster
              Clarett
              the list goes on....
              John Lynch (All Pro team tho was only a pro-bowler for us)
              Champ Baily (All Pro team)
              Jake Plummer (Pro Bowler)
              Jay Cutler (Pro Bowler)
              Marshall (All Pro team)
              Ryan Clady (All pro team)
              Elvis Dumervil (All Pro team)
              Daniel Graham
              Darrent Williams
              Harris
              DJ Williams
              Eddie Royal
              Spencer Larsen
              Scheff
              Brandon Stokley
              Hillis

              And this is the list when Shanahan was "failing", should I go back futher the list explodes
              Last edited by Hadez; 04-20-2010, 09:16 AM.
              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                John Lynch (All Pro team tho was only a pro-bowler for us)
                Champ Baily (All Pro team)
                Jake Plummer (Pro Bowler)
                Jay Cutler (Pro Bowler)
                Marshall (All Pro team)
                Ryan Clady (All pro team)
                Elvis Dumervil (All Pro team)
                Daniel Graham
                Darrent Williams
                Harris
                DJ Williams
                Eddie Royal
                Spencer Larsen
                Scheff
                Brandon Stokley
                Hillis

                And this is the list when Shanahan was "failing", should I go back futher the list explodes

                not only that but these players weren't tripping all over themselves trying to get out of Denver! T Sheff is HAPPY about going to Detroit!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by JCJE View Post
                  not only that but these players weren't tripping all over themselves trying to get out of Denver! T Sheff is HAPPY about going to Detroit!
                  Says something about the team when a player is happy to go to Detroit from that team.

                  Tho not sure if Scheff is the best example of a player himself in all honesty
                  Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                    John Lynch (All Pro team tho was only a pro-bowler for us)
                    Champ Baily (All Pro team)
                    Jake Plummer (Pro Bowler)
                    Jay Cutler (Pro Bowler)
                    Marshall (All Pro team)
                    Ryan Clady (All pro team)
                    Elvis Dumervil (All Pro team)
                    Daniel Graham
                    Darrent Williams
                    Harris
                    DJ Williams
                    Eddie Royal
                    Spencer Larsen
                    Scheff
                    Brandon Stokley
                    Hillis

                    And this is the list when Shanahan was "failing", should I go back futher the list explodes
                    My response was to the MASS EXODOUS, or as most people don't refer to 3 poeple as a mass exedous.

                    I can't argue, shannahan did have decent tallent, could find decent tallent, but he whiffed far more times than he hit home runs, the man didn't turn chicken **** into chicken salad...and people weren't forgoing a future to stay with him. The three people i listed second was as big of an exedous of young tallent as McD has had.

                    You simply listed every quality draft pick, and FA in about FIVE YEARS. From the time he traded for Champ to the drafting of clarrett, i could QUADRUPLE the list of crap he tried to "work magic on", he was a pretty bad drafter, and overpaid for junk FA's. That's why denver ranked VERY low in comparison to other team on draftee's that made the team.

                    To pick apart McD, and not look logicly at how both have affected the big picture is dumb.
                    Last edited by owninit; 04-22-2010, 11:51 AM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by JCJE View Post
                      not only that but these players weren't tripping all over themselves trying to get out of Denver! T Sheff is HAPPY about going to Detroit!

                      Sheff should be happy that someone wanted a TE who can't block...even detroit.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by owninit View Post
                        My response was to the MASS EXODOUS, or as most people don't refer to 3 poeple as a mass exedous.

                        I can't argue, shannahan did have decent tallent, could find decent tallent, but he whiffed far more times than he hit home runs, the man didn't turn chicken **** into chicken salad...and people weren't forgoing a future to stay with him. The three people i listed first was as big of an exedous of young tallent as McD has had.

                        You simply listed every quality draft pick, and FA in about FIVE YEARS. From the time he traded for Champ to the drafting of clarrett, i could QUADRUPLE the list of crap he tried to "work magic on", he was a pretty bad drafter, and overpaid for junk FA's. That's why denver ranked VERY low in comparison to other team on draftee's that made the team.

                        To pick apart McD, and not look logicly at how both have affected the big picture is dumb.
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Isn't it too early to see McDaniels big picture after just one year? I hope you are right, but you can't back that big picture statement up after one 8-8 year.
                        SmilingJack

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by SmilingJack View Post
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Isn't it too early to see McDaniels big picture after just one year? I hope you are right, but you can't back that big picture statement up after one 8-8 year.

                          The big picture right now is what he's done in two years, not 3 trasactions.



                          His big picture, is being painted in terms of a career, but to hate him for 3 out of 55 moves, isn't seeing the entire portion that's been painted so far.

                          There are some FA's that he brought in that the 2009 broncos would have been dead in the water without.

                          Likewise there's 15 people that he cut off of the 2008 squad that AREN'T EVEN IN THE NFL ANYMORE. (I've psted multiple times with the lists in various places)

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by owninit View Post
                            The big picture right now is what he's done in two years, not 3 trasactions.



                            His big picture, is being painted in terms of a career, but to hate him for 3 out of 55 moves, isn't seeing the entire portion that's been painted so far.

                            There are some FA's that he brought in that the 2009 broncos would have been dead in the water without.

                            Likewise there's 15 people that he cut off of the 2008 squad that AREN'T EVEN IN THE NFL ANYMORE. (I've psted multiple times with the lists in various places)
                            And Shanny, Cutler, Marshall and Sheff were still able to win the exact same number of games as your boy wonder with all of the great roster moves he made.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by JCJE View Post
                              And Shanny, Cutler, Marshall and Sheff were still able to win the exact same number of games as your boy wonder with all of the great roster moves he made.
                              let's be realistic here. marshall, and the dolphins, are the only team that has a chance of doing anything great this season. shanny still has a lot of work to do, scheffler will play second fiddle to pettigrew, and cutler will push for the most turnovers this season again

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X