Who is the next ex Bronco?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
    What does Doom have to prove? He averages over 10 sacks /yr. Name another DE/OLB that puts up those nmbers. So what he may be suspect on run defense. 65% of offensive plays are passes. And every run plY does not come straight to his containment area. That's why I stated get him a deal done now because if he has another 10+ sack year in 2011 he's goin to require that type of money. I'm not saying he gets that money now. I'm saying get him a deal sooner because an 800lb gorilla is much easier to deal with than a 1600lb gorilla.
    We need Doom to be a balanced player. He doesn't need to be a heavy hitting run stopper, but he needs to be in the right places at the right time. As I stated before, playing behind a better DL can only help him.

As for how much it matters: if you watched the B'more, Pittsburgh, Washington, 2nd SD, 2nd Oakland and 2nd KC games you'd know that we gave up S***LOADS of yards. How many of those games did we win? I count us as unlucky in 2 out of those 6 games (ie could've gone either way) but it doesn't hide the fact that shoddy run D cost us over a third of our season. If Doom repeats his run defence performance this year, it's simply not worth throwing tens of millions in guaranteed money at him. You should never pay that much for a situational player.
    sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Clady & Harris
      Champ & DJ
      Doom
      Graham (oh wait... he was a NE guy)

and the rest of Shanny's guys... nothing at this point would surprise me anymore...

Comment

The sad reality for me is that we are not a team. We are a revolving door.

I can't think of another team in the NFL that has more coaching and player turnover.

The Nuggets used to have this problem for a long time. And thier record showed it. But when they decided to hang on to thier players, besides stealing a few good ones from other teams, they have become very good.

You cannot develope the concept of team, with new faces all the time. Most of the really good NFL teams of the last 30 years hung onto thier core talent. We have to start doing this. Let the guys grow togeather.

---
        I'll throw in my 2 cents of who I'd like to see get cut: Jarvin Moss. He has cost us a fortune and has produced almost nothing in return.

I'd also love to see Champ traded. I love Champ. But I'd really like to see him have a ring on his finger. So perhaps we could work out a deal with the Saints. To watch Champ hold up a SB trophy would be great before he retires. Kind of like Ray Borque (sp?) with the Avs.

Comment

The next ex Bronco will be whoever the next stand out player is
          Originally posted by Papa-pwn
          #1 seed in the AFC behind Knowshon Moreno's 2000+ total offensive yardage.
          1600 yds-15 tds-500 rec yrds-4 rec tds

Comment

Originally posted by dandaman23 View Post
            Whos ever jersey I get next we will most likely trade away.. I got a Clinton Portis jersey in 2003, the next year he is gone, I get a Cutler jersey for Christmas the season before last and he is traded just months after.. I get a Marshall jersey before last season and look what happens..

Maybe I'll get a Phillip Rivers jersey..
            I bought an Elway jersey in 96 and was PISSED when they changed their uniforms...but now I have a throwback so I am happy.

Comment

Originally posted by gorky View Post
              The sad reality for me is that we are not a team. We are a revolving door.

I can't think of another team in the NFL that has more coaching and player turnover.

The Nuggets used to have this problem for a long time. And thier record showed it. But when they decided to hang on to thier players, besides stealing a few good ones from other teams, they have become very good.

You cannot develope the concept of team, with new faces all the time. Most of the really good NFL teams of the last 30 years hung onto thier core talent. We have to start doing this. Let the guys grow togeather.

---
              I'll throw in my 2 cents of who I'd like to see get cut: Jarvin Moss. He has cost us a fortune and has produced almost nothing in return.

I'd also love to see Champ traded. I love Champ. But I'd really like to see him have a ring on his finger. So perhaps we could work out a deal with the Saints. To watch Champ hold up a SB trophy would be great before he retires. Kind of like Ray Borque (sp?) with the Avs.
              I'd be pissed. He either gets a Super Bowl in Denver or not at all. He's STILL a top 3 CB in the league (#1 IMO). No reason to get rid of Champ. It would be like the idiot Chiefs releasing Neil Smith and letting him sign with us and win 2 Super Bowls. My Chief fan friends are STILL upset about it.

Comment

Originally posted by jimelway View Post
                ESPN reporting McDaniels is shopping Pat Bowlen!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Contrary to original reports, he was only taking phone calls out of due diligence to the team. He wasn't actively shopping. Get it straight. Anyway, Pat doesn't tell the truth, so he's a goner.
                Last edited by acpell671; 04-20-2010, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X