• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bucking bronco
    Banned User
    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
    If he keeps his play at high level, like he has since his rookie year, he's gonna be looking for Peppers type cash. And if he turns in another double digit sack year he's gonna get that kind of money
    Don't worry about that. Nolan was basically told he wasn't needed in Denver any more so he hit the road. Doom's career year was due to how Nolan used him but now Doom has to take orders from a guy that has never been a DC in the NFL. Good luck reproducing those sack numbers again.

Comment

• flosstein
      Ring of Famer
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by bucking bronco View Post
      Don't worry about that. Nolan was basically told he wasn't needed in Denver any more so he hit the road. Doom's career year was due to how Nolan used him but now Doom has to take orders from a guy that has never been a DC in the NFL. Good luck reproducing those sack numbers again.
      This was not Doom's only good year. You do realize that he has 43 sacks in 4 seasons. It would be more but 2008 he had the injury bug. He's good for at least 10 sacks/yr. which is great enough to get him in that highest paid category. because of the consistency.
      #swapping

Comment

• BroncoPower
        Starter
        • Feb 2009

Besides Shef, I'd say Doom after 2010 is no longer a Bronco. Because of the money he's gonna require to keep long term. If he keeps his play at high level, like he has since his rookie year, he's gonna be looking for Peppers type cash. And if he turns in another double digit sack year he's gonna get that kind of money and I just don't see this F/O making any player the highest paid anything. Also don't be surprised if Orton ends up being dealt around draft day either. It wouldn't surprise me if someone like Buffalo or Pitt laid a nice package so we could throw a high 2nd at someone and move up to grab Tebow in the 1st along with McLain. And we just run with Quinn/Tebow for the QB's. I wouldn't be mad in the long run, because Tebow may lack certain skills now, but he is a winner and a heck of a football player.
        I could totally see us drafting Tebow, he is a quintessential McDaniels 'type' player and with our extra picks it is feasible. There is a good chance he will be there come pick 43. I don't know how i would feel about it. All i know is that Broncomania boards would explode haha.

Comment

• Sparky The Sun Devil
          • May 2009

Originally posted by lolcopter View Post
          woody paige doesn't know his head from his ass, so take this statement with a truckload of salt
          But he got that information from someone who was there during the practices, and saw how the coaches felt about it.

Comment

• Sparky The Sun Devil
            • May 2009

This was not Doom's only good year. You do realize that he has 43 sacks in 4 seasons. It would be more but 2008 he had the injury bug. He's good for at least 10 sacks/yr. which is great enough to get him in that highest paid category. because of the consistency.
            The broncos will trade dumervile before they make him the highest paid. He is a liability on run defense. DWare got 6 yrs 72 million. Doom wont get that. I do think denver resigns him to big contract though

Comment

• LightningRodBob
              Bench Warmer
              • Jan 2009

Hey It might not be all that bad. Let's just see where the "new" Broncos go. All we can do is buckle up for the ride.
              trading into the 1st to draft Tebow would be horrible. He's not a 1st round QB and we already have 2 capable QB's on the roster. Tebow is like 3 years away from starting for any team anyways. I wouldn't be mad if we took him in the 3rd but if we actually traded up to draft him I would be.

Comment

• LgndKller20073
                Practice Squad
                • Oct 2009

Well, we don't seem to like to keep Pro Bowl players around so:

Clady, Dumervil, Dawkins, Bailey....any of those 4.

Comment

• BroncoPower
                  Starter
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by LgndKller20073 View Post

No. All of the players you mention are 'team' first players and all represent the face of our franchise. None of them have character issues and none of them act like retards off of the field. Thats why ALL of them are safe.

Cutler, Marshall. Not so much.

Comment

• Sparky The Sun Devil
                    • May 2009

Originally posted by BroncoPower View Post
                    No. All of the players you mention are 'team' first players and all represent the face of our franchise. None of them have character issues and none of them act like retards off of the field. Thats why ALL of them are safe.

Cutler, Marshall. Not so much.
                    correct. all those mentioned are the guys who want to McD after week 16 and told coach to take a hard line and make everyone responsible. DJ williams and Daniel Graham, who were both brought in by shanny were also the ones who went to McD. Cutler & Marshall did like McDs ways, and they wanted to continue to things their own way.

Comment

• flosstein
                      Ring of Famer
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by LightningRodBob View Post
                      trading into the 1st to draft Tebow would be horrible. He's not a 1st round QB and we already have 2 capable QB's on the roster. Tebow is like 3 years away from starting for any team anyways. I wouldn't be mad if we took him in the 3rd but if we actually traded up to draft him I would be.
                      What I was saying was if someone was to package a deal for Orton on draft day, I could see us bundling that pick to move up in the early 2nd or low 1st with someone else. As long as we either draft strong DL/LB's and OL's I'm good with everything else. I just don't want to see a blown pick by going for Dez, no matter how good he is. Because if he's that good in 3-4 years we'll be in the same situation that we were in with our former top 3 WR. Why go through the drama again?
                      #swapping

Comment

• newmexbronco
                        Practice Squad
                        • Dec 2009

the person who is next to go is .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ............................................. the person who whines about a contract and cries about he to injured or he needs a record !!!!!

Comment

• Pura Vida
                          Special Teams
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Bronco-24 View Post
                          You do know this is Brandon Marshall we're talking about? He wasn't exactly a saint. Besides, he was offered a 9.5 mil/yr. contract last year and rejected it.
                          not true

no matter how often you say it
                          sigpic

Comment

• thinkin101
                            Special Teams
                            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by gorky View Post
                            Besides Shef, who is the next player that will no longer be a Bronco?
                            Josh is not a player, but I prey on hands and knees he is gone after this season. You think the offense was bad last year, lol. Orton just lost his safety blanket and the Broncos lost their last offensive weapon. Thanks for nothing Josh.
                            sigpic

"The Man, the Myth, the Legend"

Comment

• Pura Vida
                              Special Teams
                              • Oct 2008

The pattern is that we let go pro bowl players that are due a big raise.
                              That means dumervil or champ should be spooked.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Joshecalpoly
                                Starter
                                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by LgndKller20073 View Post

Considering both Bailey and Dawkins have already come out in support of the trade I doubt McD will cut them for personality reasons. Age maybe. Clady struggled last year but so did most of the O-line so its possible. McD liked Doom hes said it but whether that means we will pay him to keep him that remains to be seen. Also I was reading according to Nolen it was only meant to be temporary he wasnt planning on staying here long term to begin with and wanted to just help with the rebuilding w/e that means. His numbers dont lie hes a journeyman coach

We also had a 3-game losing streak twice in 08 for the first time which you can blame on McD yould be wrong but you can blame him. Losing 7 of 11 and in those losses Cutler had actually bad games despite popular belief
                                Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 04-14-2010, 05:33 PM.
                                2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Working...
                                X