What if the Broncos Moved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4th Amigo View Post
    Here's a thought to break the current overriding conversations of the last couple of days:

Everytime something big happens with this team, you get a certain # of people that go crazy and swear off the team, some that follow the player (or coach), and others that take that time to pledge allegence to their team (I tend to be the latter).

Which got me thinking....are their circumstances in which I would no longer be a fan of this team?

I can say the only thing that would probably bring me close is if they moved from Denver and changed their name, for instance like the Oilers or old browns did. But that being said, I would be absolutely crushed, I don't think I could ever love another football team like I love the Broncos.

What about U guys?
    I would be crushed (pun intended). I can't imagine the Broncos in another city. I wonder how longtime fans of teams like the Oilers, Rams, Cards, Colts, etc. have dealt with it.
    sigpic

Comment

one word.........................devastated!
      sigpic
      2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Comment

well they can't move to Idaho because this state ain't big enough for two stallions in one stable...

not to mention i think our team would still be a bigger hit lol....

however: on a personal note i would not mind this... because i could go to games

and i guess in the long run, i wouldn't mind if they moved someplace else as long as they kept their name and such.....just NOT LA... ugh... that would suck so bad...in fact, stay out of Cali altogether, they have enough teams that the locals half support in the first place.
        sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

I actually had to think about this a bit. First am I fan of the team? the city? both?

I guess for me, the reason I am a Broncos fan is because I grew up in Colorado and also because my entire family is. If they moved from Colorado, I think I would probably still root for them, but I don't know if I would be as die hard as I am now.
          sigpic

Kyle Orton Army #140
          Team Tebow #140

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
            There is nothing new nor old about the Browns. There simply is the Browns. Nothing "new" or "old" about it. So, right off, drop that thought.
            Well, you gotta call it something cause they kind of no-showed for a while. Not that it was the fans fault.

Comment

Working...
            X