Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orton signs his tender

http://broncotalk.net/2010/04/14792/...ns-his-tender/

he's the next to be traded. Right haters?
    Kinda sucks to be orton. Isn't he making less money than last year?
    Last edited by BeardedWonder; 04-16-2010, 09:33 AM.
    sigpic

You never ...

Originally posted by BeardedWonder View Post

... know.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I don't think he's about to be traded, but if he was that would be the best Broncos news in a while because it would mean McD has someone he's sure can play above Orton's (already decent) level.

Comment

After the last few days around here, this is nothing more than offseason fodder at this point.

sigpic

Comment

I hope KO8 has a great season- many doubt and may have a point, but it hard to not love the guys attitude, work ethic and leadership.

I am rooting for KO8 this year- self professed fan here!
          A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

Comment

He is making more money this season, more than twice the money he got in 2009. I believe he had a $900.000 salary last season.
            sigpic

Comment

Orton is NOT the future of this franchise.

He will start... may or may not have a good year.

I hope he does have a good season.
              I hope he gets a great free agent contract next year.

I am excited to find out who is gonna emerge as our franchise QB.

I'd bet a ton of money Orton will not be here after this season.
              - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Orton is the epitome of 'team player'. He never complains to the media, practices hard, leads by example and deserves the starting job! I hope he has a career year and either gets a fat contract from Denver or somewhere else! Guys like him deserve to finish first, not the Marshalls of the world...

Comment

Originally posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
                  Orton is NOT the future of this franchise.

He will start... may or may not have a good year.

I hope he does have a good season.
                  I hope he gets a great free agent contract next year.

I am excited to find out who is gonna emerge as our franchise QB.

I'd bet a ton of money Orton will not be here after this season.
                  you are probably right, KO8 may not be the future of this franchise.....however, I would like to see him have a great year, just because I think he is a class act kind of guy.

Somebody compared him to a Drew Brees. Perhaps it was because of the same school or passing records, but the Bolts passed on Brees and he goes on to win a Championship. I don't think KO8 has the same skill set as Bree's, but I always wonder what is his capacity in this system?
                  A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

Comment

Why did he wait so long to sign it?
                    Good, Fast, Cheap... choose two.

Comment

Bad move by the FO - penny wise but pound foolish. Orton could have been had for a very reasonable 3-4 year contract.

Now he's coming in with a full year in McD's system, a revamped o-line and a relatively easy schedule. He's improved (higher completion rate, more YPA, more YPG, more TDs) each and every year he's played. So I don't think it's very far-tetched to expect Kyle to improve again this year. His passer rating has averaged a 5-6 point increase each year. So he'll wind up with a passer rating in the low 90s. His completion rate has similarly gone up about 5% per year - so it projects to be around 67% next season. His YPA has also increased by about a 1/2 yard per year - so he should be averaging around 7.5 per attempt. Finally, given his TD total trend Kyle should have around 25 TDs while holding his picks down to 12.

There's no way a QB with those kinds of numbers can be thought of as anything but a very good starter, maybe even a "franchise" QB. Orton was clearly pissed off at his situation and felt badly treated. The Broncos will have to pay thru the nose to hang onto KO after this season...
                      "That's a crap question."
                      - Kyle Orton

Comment

Originally posted by old_bronc View Post
                        Why did he wait so long to sign it?
                        He's been to busy working out with the team and being a leader...

Comment

Originally posted by neckbeard View Post
                          Bad move by the FO - penny wise but pound foolish. Orton could have been had for a very reasonable 3-4 year contract.

Now he's coming in with a full year in McD's system, a revamped o-line and a relatively easy schedule. He's improved (higher completion rate, more YPA, more YPG, more TDs) each and every year he's played. So I don't think it's very far-tetched to expect Kyle to improve again this year. His passer rating has averaged a 5-6 point increase each year. So he'll wind up with a passer rating in the low 90s. His completion rate has similarly gone up about 5% per year - so it projects to be around 67% next season. His YPA has also increased by about a 1/2 yard per year - so he should be averaging around 7.5 per attempt. Finally, given his TD total trend Kyle should have around 25 TDs while holding his picks down to 12.

There's no way a QB with those kinds of numbers can be thought of as anything but a very good starter, maybe even a "franchise" QB. Orton was clearly pissed off at his situation and felt badly treated. The Broncos will have to pay thru the nose to hang onto KO after this season...

I did some research, he one of the highest completion rates to a Chiefs Linebacker in the history of the NFL!

Just kidding, that was rough game, rough..... I think he is very solid.... flashy and mobile, no....... but certainly solid.

Comment

Originally posted by neckbeard View Post

OR McD has no intention of keeping him after this year... Not sure how the whole deal works in terms of trading at years end but maybe he is expecting to have Orton excel this year which would raise his market value...

Again, maybe a trade isn't even an option so I may be talking out of my @ss

Comment

Originally posted by owninit View Post
                              He's been to busy working out with the team and being a leader...
                              yea I can care how long it took him to sign it or why it took him so long.

He has been working out with the team and getting better as a player. That is really all I care about on this issue.

My guess is he waited for the same reasons the Broncos placed the tender on him in the 1st place; it was just a good buisness move. The tender was going to be there until the deadline. Why not wait and see if maybe something better comes.
                              Last edited by Hadez; 04-16-2010, 10:10 AM.
                              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Working...
                              X