Orton signs his tender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by neckbeard View Post
    Who will they have for a starter? Quinn? Brandstater? Or maybe they'll draft a "franchise QB?"

Here's a preliminary list of the QBs expected to be in the 2011 draft - link. Tell me who's the next great QB out of that bunch...

You piss off a good QB like Orton with a forced bad deal and when he's a FA next season no matter what you put on the table he'll bolt for Arizona or San Fran or Minny or god know where. But there will be needy teams out there who will actually pay a fair market value for a solid starter.
    Without looking at your list I can say Jake Locker.

I don't want a solid starter that will never get us a Superbowl unless the rest of the team carries him there, I want a franchise QB, let him go wherever he wants.

Comment

Originally posted by soloking View Post
      I hope we trade Kyle Average, opps I mean Orton for a pick. If we r rebuilding the team we should start of with Quinn or a rookie!! No more 8-8 seasons please!
      Who is to say if Quinn Starts or a Rookie for that matter we will be better than
      8-8.
      sigpic
      Thanks Blondie for the Sig

Comment

Who will they have for a starter? Quinn? Brandstater? Or maybe they'll draft a "franchise QB?"

Here's a preliminary list of the QBs expected to be in the 2011 draft - link. Tell me who's the next great QB out of that bunch...

You piss off a good QB like Orton with a forced bad deal and when he's a FA next season no matter what you put on the table he'll bolt for Arizona or San Fran or Minny or god know where. But there will be needy teams out there who will actually pay a fair market value for a solid starter.
        Next year we go after Jake Locker if we need to. Although Ryan Mallett is a more physically gifted and he has the size and strength McD seems to like we will have to see if he delivers

There is also Andrew Luck and Terrelle Pryor. Next years QB class is much deeper IMO. 6 potential first rounders 11-13 potential starters
        2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Originally posted by *Atwater* View Post
          Who is to say if Quinn Starts or a Rookie for that matter we will be better than
          8-8.
          I think he means he would rather start over and have a few bad seasons rebuilding than keep going 8-8..7-9...7-9...6-10...8-8...

Can't say I disagree.

Comment

Well at least he has signed. I feel he will get a new contract but their are too many veriables out there at this time and unknowns.

I feel for Kyle, he has done nothing to deserve the things that have happened to him over the last year. He was traded and stuck in a situation he had nothing to do with. He now is being hurt by the state of the NFL, owner's and player's union not having a CBA. Again something he had nothing to do with. Wow, all this plus the lack of respect by some people in the media and Denver fans. Even after he had a decent year and almost 4,000 yards. He will show all he is worth having as a QB and a leader of this team. Then I hope he gets the $ he deserves, lot's of $.:orton:

PS I'm proud to be the owner of a KO jersey, no matter what happens in the future or what some people think. He is a heck of a player/leader!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
              Orton did well last year but I am not sure he actually is that accurate. Cutler is more of a vertical offense QB who could throw long to mid range passes.
              strongly disagree with this statement. orton is a guy who has always been known for his accuracy. cutler is better with the mid-range throws, but his deep ball is terrible so he's really not vertical threat at all*.

*his deep ball is better than orton's but it's still crap. he throws off his back foot and constantly sails the deep ball. always has...
              Last edited by lolcopter; 04-16-2010, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Locker, Luck and Mallett for sure. :salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by BeardedWonder View Post
                  http://broncotalk.net/2010/04/14792/...ns-his-tender/

he's the next to be traded. Right haters?
                  Kinda sucks to be orton. Isn't he making less money than last year?
                  Scheffler is first in line pal. No cutsies.
                  My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                  You Mad Bro?
                  Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by 22Bernard24 View Post
                    Were not going to pay him anything next year hence why we didn't offer a contract.
                    Oh is that so ? Does that apply for all restricted free agents or just the hater rules you make up just for Orton .

These silly tidbits you guys throw out that everyone knows you will only run and hide from later are ridiculous . Where is Dooms money ? What about Miles Austin and the other restricted free agents ? Does none of them being signed mean no one wants them ?

There is nothing to prohibit us from signing Orton to a longterm but the lack of a cba in fact this makes Orton resigning with us even more of a certainty now than if he had went the entire offseason with no tender signed if we can get a new cba

But with no CBA in place the amount of guaranteed money paid out would be HUGE simply because Orton has such a low base salary regardless of if the new deal was on the high end or the low end . If we get a new CBA by training camp then Orton can be extended under the new agreement to a team friendly deal going forward .
                    "(Touchdowns) are the goal," Orton said. "You can run for as many yards as you want, throw for as many yards as you want, but you have to convert to seven points. I think we're going to be explosive, be dynamic, be versatile."

"Perception is everything in this league, and a lot of times, unless you're a self-promoter, it can become negative," - Kyle Orton

Kyle Orton Army member #83 :logo: :smug:

Comment

Working...
                    X