No announcement yet.

Is Josh gambling with his Entire Head Coaching Career

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those of you that say Denver is waaay better in the long run? What exactly is your idea of the 'long run'? Is it 2-yeras from now? 3?

I am curious to know how you think that in some far off time frame the team will be better by this move-- please explain.

That is like me saying that I think in the long run, the team will be way better off by putting McDaniel on the next plane back to New England after firing this failed experiement. The team will be better for doing that 'in the long run'.
    sigpic

Comment

I can't honestly say I believe we are a better team than we were prior to Josh.

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
        I love how not knowing how our organization is currently run makes everyone a genius on who should be fired and who made these moves. I guess having a clue isn't everyone's strong point.
        Thanks for proving my point!:go:

Comment

Originally posted by 22Bernard24 View Post
          I can't honestly say I believe we are a better team than we were prior to Josh.
          How so? I'm honestly curious. In two years when Dawkins and Champ are either done or near done, who is going to make this team great? What is our direction? Keep signing 30+ free agents that are coming out of their prime?
          sigpic

Champ Bailey in 2005
          30 times thrown at, 10 interceptions, 10 receptions, 10 incompletions

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
            Those of you that say Denver is waaay better in the long run? What exactly is your idea of the 'long run'? Is it 2-yeras from now? 3?

I am curious to know how you think that in some far off time frame the team will be better by this move-- please explain.

That is like me saying that I think in the long run, the team will be way better off by putting McDaniel on the next plane back to New England after firing this failed experiement. The team will be better for doing that 'in the long run'.
            Clearly you were satisfied with not making the playoffs years after year, BEFORE McDaniels even arrived.

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post

This is honestly a situation I didn't give a rats about which way it went. The trouble offset the talent and vis versa. I can't really blame anybody for it, though if the world weren't so stupid, we might have a talented player with the attitude we wished for.

Hell, maybe we would have handled the situation better too, but does this really surprise you? The Broncos will move on.
              Brock you like a hurricane!
              sigpic
              Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoPower View Post
                Clearly you were satisfied with not making the playoffs years after year, BEFORE McDaniels even arrived.
                Cause he did so much taking an 8-8 team and making them......8-8 AND still not making the playoffs?
                Oh and on Josh's 8-8 team, Marshall was the offense.
                sigpic

Champ Bailey in 2005

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeBlueCrew View Post
                  How so? I'm honestly curious. In two years when Dawkins and Champ are either done or near done, who is going to make this team great? What is our direction? Keep signing 30+ free agents that are coming out of their prime?
                  Champ and Dawkins are going to be difficult to replace. Both represent the face of our franchise. However players will step up. That's why we have taken on 'older' leaders, to work with our younger talent.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoPower View Post
                    Champ and Dawkins are going to be difficult to replace. Both represent the face of our franchise. However players will step up. That's why we have taken on 'older' leaders, to work with our younger talent.
                    That's the question I was just asking. Who is our younger talent? Cause I see little to none. I'll even give you Moreno and Ayers, who I think will be roll players at best.
                    sigpic

Champ Bailey in 2005

Comment

How so? Well we had an extremely promising offense, a young QB who was getting better, an amazing receiving corps that was young as well, and an offensive line that performed great in the ZBS.

After McDaniels came in here he replaced a young promising for a good backup, he has changed our scheme in blocking so that everyone would scapegoat the offensive line, and he has traded away our best offensive player and he doesn't use our 2nd best receiver with Royal.

The only good thing he did was improve the defense with a bunch of scrubs/old FAs. We'll see how good they look now that our only bright spot(the defense aka Nolan) was ran out of town this offseason.(like you said)

Since McD has gotten here has has torn the fanbase in two, and created more holes than he fixed.

Comment

Cause he did so much taking an 8-8 team and making them......8-8 AND still not making the playoffs?
                        Correction, he took an 8-8 team, traded a cry-baby, wannabee franchise QB, changed the system, Changed the Coaches all in the space of a few months and we still went 8-8. Rome was not built in 1 day.

All i'm saying is let's give McDaniels at least 2-3 seasons before we throw him under the bus and call him a failure.
                        Last edited by BroncoPower; 04-14-2010, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Too bad he faked an injury and quit on his team in a must win game.
                          :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                          sigpic

Comment

Says you who supports McDaniels. I'd say Josh suspended him to prove that he could win without him, and he actually got killed at home by a 4-12 team.
                            sigpic

Champ Bailey in 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Fargo View Post
                              This is honestly a situation I didn't give a rats about which way it went. The trouble offset the talent and vis versa. I can't really blame anybody for it, though if the world weren't so stupid, we might have a talented player with the attitude we wished for.

Hell, maybe we would have handled the situation better too, but does this really surprise you? The Broncos will move on.
                              I agree with what you are saying, but part of coaching is managing through personality issues if the talent is there. Contract incentives and restrictions solve personality problems. This was a stupid decision that has upset an already agitated fan base and team in turmoil.
                              sigpic

Comment

Yeah. I honestly think if he had really "matured" he would have played that game, but oh well what's done is done, the Broncos are still here and Marshall's a Dolphin, one less me first player :salute!:

Comment

Working...
                                X