Is Josh gambling with his Entire Head Coaching Career

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DishWater
    Cutler is the most overrated QB in the league, distantly followed by Eli Manning.

Your own unconscious hypocrisy is amusing.
    Hmm......overrated by who? Oh by you and Eli has a Super Bowl ring as well, just thought I would throw that in there. Would you rather have Eli or Kyle Orton and really think about that for a second?
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by B Real 15 View Post
      Hmm......overrated by who? Oh by you and Eli has a Super Bowl ring as well, just thought I would throw that in there. Would you rather have Eli or Kyle Orton and really think about that for a second?
      Just as you believe Jay Cutler is good in any sense of the term, I believe he is highly overrated.

I don't like Kyle either, but read over your last post a little more closely.

Waldo (or your own double standard) is hiding somewhere in there.

Comment

• Originally posted by DishWater View Post
        Just as you believe Jay Cutler is good in any sense of the term, I believe he is highly overrated.

I don't like Kyle either, but read over your last post a little more closely.

Waldo (or your own double standard) is hiding somewhere in there.
        I see you still didn't answer the question dish but we can agree to disagree.:go:
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by lolcopter View Post
          ad hominem attacks aren't exactly helping your case
          My post would have been an ad hominem attack if what I was responding to was an argument independent on your own credibility. When you say "of course X has questionable leadership skills", you're making your evaluation of the leadership skills of QBs part of (and the basis of) your argument.

So if you'd care to elaborate why your opinion, gained on extremely limited evidence, of someone's leadership skills ought to be valued over that of someone who has coached him or played alongside him for multiple seasons, your argument might hold some water.
          Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

I see you still didn't answer the question dish but we can agree to disagree.:go:
            I choose neither.

Eli had, without a doubt, the best defense in the league, who singlehandedly put Eli anywhere near a position in which he could, given his limited skills, make any sort of play, only to be saved by one of the most miraculous catches in NFL and SB history.

Comment

Yea he did throw 26 picks but he is still a better QB than a Kyle Orton.
              How can you believe that? Does Cutler have a stronger arm? yes, is he a better QB? NO!

26 picks is laughable, he went from being in the ProBowl to being the laughing stock of the NFL. Can anybody say Derick Anderson V.2?
              sigpic
              2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by TH3JUICEMAN View Post
                How can you believe that? Does Cutler have a stronger arm? yes, is he a better QB? NO!

26 picks is laughable, he went from being in the ProBowl to being the laughing stock of the NFL. Can anybody say Derick Anderson V.2?
                I like the Jeff George analogy, myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by AC1 View Post
                  So if you'd care to elaborate why your opinion, gained on extremely limited evidence, of someone's leadership skills ought to be valued over that of someone who has coached him or played alongside him for multiple seasons, your argument might hold some water.
                  because this is a message board, and last i checked nearly everything posted here is opinion. including whether you think person X's opinion should be held higher than person Y's. mike martz, his new offensive coordinator questioned cutler's leadership when he said, "He just doesn't get it. He doesn't understand that he represents a great head coach and the rest of those players on that team. Somebody needs to talk to him."

"I thought he looked completely immature," said Mora, the former New Orleans Saints and Indianapolis Colts coach. "He acted like he didn't even care."
                  source

also, I HAVE EYES. i've watched cutler for the past three seasons as a bronco. he is a whiny diva who is always by himself on the sidelines. he is does not exhibit any characteristics of A LEADER IN MY OPINION

so yeah, i'm entitled to my opinion just as much as you are. but if you want to go ahead and attack me personally, or my amount of knowledge, instead of my content of my message, have at it...
                  Last edited by lolcopter; 04-19-2010, 11:06 PM.

Comment

• If your going to compare Cutler and Orton do it right and compare Cutler as a Bear to Orton as a Bear. Then compare Orton as a Bronco to Cutler as a Bronco. People keep saying that Orton was better this year(and he was) but he was playing with much better offenseive players!!!!!!!!!!!

Broncos
                    Cutler
                    Year Team G QBRat Comp Att Pct Yds Y/G Y/A TD Int
                    2008 Denver 16 86.0 384 616 62.3 4526 282.9 7.3 25 18

Orton
                    2009 Denver 16 86.8 336 541 62.1 3802 237.6 7.0 21 12

Bears
                    Cutler
                    2009 Chicago 16 76.8 336 555 60.5 3666 229.1 6.6 27 26

Orton
                    2008 Chicago 15 79.6 272 465 58.5 2972 198.1 6.4 18 12

Comment

• Originally posted by soloking View Post
                      If your going to compare Cutler and Orton do it right and compare Cutler as a Bear to Orton as a Bear. Then compare Orton as a Bronco to Cutler as a Bronco. People keep saying that Orton was better this year(and he was) but he was playing with much better offenseive players!!!!!!!!!!!

Broncos
                      Cutler
                      2008 Denver 16 86.0 384 616 62.3 4526 282.9 7.3 25 18

Orton
                      2009 Denver 16 86.8 336 541 62.1 3802 237.6 7.0 21 12

Bears
                      Cutler
                      2009 Chicago 16 76.8 336 555 60.5 3666 229.1 6.6 27 26

Orton
                      2008 Chicago 15 79.6 272 465 58.5 2972 198.1 6.4 18 12
                      Orton still looks better wit his fewer INT and his better rating Pct. is surprisingly similar though. Interceptions are important because you win or lose games based on turnovers. No matter how good you are you cant overcome that stat. Its amazing Orton through 100 passes less and only 700 yards less.
                      2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Working...
                      X