Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

many people worried about the offense, what about the d....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Realistically I think we take two front 7 guys early...within the first 3 rounds.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
    J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
    R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post
      Realistically I think we take two front 7 guys early...within the first 3 rounds.
      agreed. probably d-lineman and LB

Comment

Two words if you are truely concerned with D....coaching continuity
        I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition :nono: backhand a fool!

Comment

Originally posted by marcus_miller View Post
          Two words if you are truely concerned with D....coaching continuity
          Mike Nolans gone.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big D View Post
            The chargers aren't exactly known for good play and decision making at NT of late though - Ogemdi who? Just because you did it doesn't mean it was the right decision...
            LOL, good play and good decision-making are 2 very different things.

No, they didn't have good play at the NT position because they didn't have an adequate replacement for Jamal. So with this terrible depth at NT, why would they take him out on 3rd downs? BECAUSE HE IS NO LONGER EFFECTIVE IN PASSING SITUATIONS.

Sometimes you should just trust a guy when they know a lot more about a player than you. This is one of those cases. Nevertheless, your inability to concede even a minor point just shows that you're not going to change your mind about anything. Good luck with Jamal. He is a hell of a player, and I wish he was still a Charger. But don't expect him (or Jarvis Green for that matter) to help out your pass-rush. I would be willing to bet that he comes out of the game on most 3rd downs. Believe me now or watch for yourself during the season. It really doesn't make a difference to me.

Comment

at this point, i don't think williams is anything more than a 2-down linemen, which is probably exactly what he was brought in to do. we don't need him to be a force in the pass rush. we need him to clog the running lanes

Comment

At least we have improved depthwise

Fields did pretty well last year as starting NT. He will be a better backup in 2010 than the backup in 2009.

2009 Fields> backup NT (forgot who)
                2010 Jamal>Fields

Comment

Originally posted by The Big D View Post
                  The defense will be fine. We're going to be running a more agressive version of last year's scheme, and we've made smart moves to shore up the places where we broke down last year:

- On the point of attack, we've replaced Fields with Williams. That's like going from a Yugo to a Cadillac.

- On the non-Doom pass rush front, we've added or made starters three guys who will be able to get sacks and/or collapse the pocket: Williams, Ayers and Green.

- We've fixed our nickel corner problems with Nate Jones

- For run stuffing, we replaced the mediocre Davis with Hagan, who is MUCH stouter.

The D has been improved a ton this off season
                  Actually, McD wants to run a more Patriots' kind of defense. Thus they will be more conservative. Everyone always says "agressive". They will be more conservative on defense this year. That's not either good or bad.

Whatever works.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBang7 View Post
                    Mike Nolans gone.
                    I know he is gone but im having trouble trying to remember the names of who came before him over the past 10 years.. how many D cordinatos have we had over the last ten years.. im sure it doesnt average one a year but i bet it doesnt average one every two years. again two words coaching continuity...if anyone thinks that changing coaches every year or every two years is a good thing i'd beg to differ. Sure if it doesn't work change it but i say give it time before makeing the decision cause once you change your back to square one.
                    I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition :nono: backhand a fool!

Comment

Mike Nolans gone.
                      And we have our Linebackers coach as the new D Coordinator. And he's apparently a good one. I doubt we miss Nolan.
                      You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

i think many people overlook since we lost marshall and etc, that Mike Nolan has also left, also because of Josh MCdaniels, but thats beside the point. Our offense isnt going to be the only side of the ball struggling now. The players really need to step up and gel on defense if they are gonna wanna get it done this year.
                        The only way the defense struggles is if we get hit hard by injuries.

Even then I think our defense has more depth then out offense.
                        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Working...
                        X