Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats stopping us from trading Eddie too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats stopping us from trading Eddie too?

Well Royal is about the last "playmaker" from the Shanahan era left, why not trade him too. (sarcasm) Would he be on the trading block too if his contract was near up?
    Draft day can't get here soon enough, I need something to look forward too.
    Has the rebuilding begun yet, or are we through dismantling yet?

I hope I wake from this nightmare soon

Well for one, he's a decent person and the consummate professional.

Comment

Originally posted by DishWater View Post
      Yeah...

Too bad he's not very talented.
      sigpic

Comment

Theres certainly no doubt about that.

Comment

Umm, don't you understand we would rather have cry babies, walking suspensions, and people who don't want to be in Denver on our team? Some people just haven't figured this thing out have they?
          sigpic

Comment

Thank god we have posters on this board that know the team personally. What would we do without some of Cutler, Marshall, Hillis, and Scheffler's best friends?
            sigpic

Champ Bailey in 2005
            30 times thrown at, 10 interceptions, 10 receptions, 10 incompletions

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
              Yeah...

You can't be serious right. 146 yds and 1 TD (that was his NFL debut).

I know I was born on a speeding ambulance on an ungraded dirt road somewhere in the wilderness, but that is the richest thing I've heard on these boards in awhile!

Comment

Yeah...

Yea, any rookie WR can get on the field and catch 90 balls
                sigpic

Comment

Royals not going anywhere if McD can figure out how to correctly use him like Shanny did, the dude is a beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                    Yea, any rookie WR can get on the field and catch 90 balls
                    With a quarterback that throws it over 600 times...

I didn't mean to rag on Royal. But I think he's a system receiver and I don't see him fitting in well with McDaniels' offensive scheme.

That's just being honest.
                    sigpic

Comment

I didn't mean to rag on Royal. But I think he's a system receiver and I don't see him fitting in well with McDaniels' offensive scheme.

I get that this is Denver, not New England, but Eddie not a "rich man's" Wes Welker? The similarities are blatant, with Eddie having almost every physical edge over him with the exception of Wes's vet savvy and football iq.
                      Plus Eddie is a professional like others have said, and I don't see that work ethic sliding off anytime soon.
                      He's a good dude, and for an NFL receiver, that's enough reason to hold on to the guy right there.
                      Last edited by OhBehave30; 04-19-2010, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OhBehave30 View Post
                        I get that this is Denver, not New England, but Eddie not a "rich man's" Wes Welker? The similarities are blatant, with Eddie having almost every physical edge with the exception of Wes's vet savvy and football iq.
                        Well, if he is we certainly didn't see that last season when he all but disappeared and reportedly lost confidence in the 2nd half of the season.
                        sigpic

Comment

I think Royal is perfectly molded to be a great slot receiver. I attributed the struggles last year to a lack of timing between he and Orton. I also think we spent a little too much time lining him up out wide instead of in the slot.
                          sigpic
                          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

This seems to be headed in a different direction than expected. Was thinking more along the lines of whether anyone else see's him staying long term or will he be ready to be traded by years end. Or do the Broncos(McD) see him as an integral part of this team. We really only saw Eddie get any production in the San Diego game, but not much after that. Edit(didnt get this post in quick enough)
                            Last edited by PSCaliBronco; 04-19-2010, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                              I think Royal is perfectly molded to be a great slot receiver. I attributed the struggles last year to a lack of timing between he and Orton. I also think we spent a little too much time lining him up out wide instead of in the slot.
                              Lack of timing?

The two spent every single workout and camp together.

If anything, there should have been a lack of timing between Marshall and Orton.

They had a discussion on some sports show last year (can't remember which one). But they showed footage of Royal running the wrong routes and getting jammed at the line of scrimmage. Considering he was playing opposite Marshall, this shouldn't be occurring.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X