Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats stopping us from trading Eddie too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by owninit View Post
    Mostly the fact that he isn't a grade 'A' D.B off the field like the other 3 were...
    Josh McDaniels is the head coach of our team. We have no business calling anyone else "DB"s.
    Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by AC1 View Post
      Josh McDaniels is the head coach of our team. We have no business calling anyone else "DB"s.

*spoken like dude on the lebow*

That's like your opinion man......

Comment

• Originally posted by since1977 View Post
        What you're missing is that due to a sophomore "slump" (Created by the Orton led offense and the use of McD's brilliant play-calling emphasizing the 5 yard long ball.) Royal is not a threat and has less trade value. He won't take too much glory from "The Coach" and will simply blend in.

He is a class act as well. But when people say McD is about team the truth is it's about people seeing what a great coach he is b/c he doesn't have "star" athletes. Royal for now isn't a threat to either take the spotlight or to make people say, "Wow! Shanny made a good pick."

If he becomes a 100 catch guy, he will be gone for one reason or another.
        I agree the slump was definately caused by the play calling and Orton's reads.

Comment

• Originally posted by on2 View Post
          Let's examine my sentence since you incorrectly thought I was referring to you:

As far as this all being a nightmare, keep in mind that Scheffler and Marshall both wanted out. No doubt about that. Don't let the door hit ya. Now back to who wants to be here and do whatever it takes to win.

The highlighted portion is directed at Marshall and Scheffler. Both prior to and after the "door" comment. I was referring to players, not you personally.

Second, this season's schedule is arguably "easier" than last year's schedule. Also I don't discount the 6-2 start and focus only on the 2-6 slide. It was a tale of "two season's" last year but both must be taken into account for the sake of objective evaluation. 8-8 is better than was expected and good for what the team went through.

I do however dismiss the notion that McDaniels dismantled a good team to build a bad one. That seems to be your point. I'll just say that "our QB" that got cut has yet to accomplish anything in the NFL.

I'll add that Orton is way under rated on this site. He threw for close to 4,000 yards and 25 TD's, on a new team in a new system, where the defense fell apart in the second half of the season.

In review, I didn't request you to leave and the Broncos will improve on 8-8 this year.

Relax.
          My bad, maybe I did jump the gun as I did think you were referring me the fan. Please accept my apologies.
          McD may not have dismantled the entire team, but I am a believer in he did dismantle what was a top scoring offense. Our defense was what needed to be dismantled, minus a few players.
          Not taking anything away from Orton, he did come into a high pressure situation and preformed admirabley.
          Improving on 8-8, Damn I hope so.

Relaxed

Comment

*spoken like dude on the lebow*

That's like your opinion man......
            Exactly. It was an apt response for that very reason.
            Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

• I totally forgot he was on the team.

And that's how it should be in the offseason, unless you're a big time free agent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparky The Sun Devil View Post
                he didnt play the slot last year
                My point exactly everyone said he was gonna be a beast in the slot and he never was in the slot this season.

Comment

• Royal will probably catch 74 balls for 657 yards next season. He will make a comment in an interview about how Denver should attack down the field more and McD will trade him to Jacksonville for a 4th round pick and a kick to the balls.
                  if man is 5 and jay cutler is 6 then that must make john elway 7

Comment

• Originally posted by jojo187 View Post
                    Royal will probably catch 74 balls for 657 yards next season. He will make a comment in an interview about how Denver should attack down the field more and McD will trade him to Jacksonville for a 4th round pick and a kick to the balls.

If royal was such a "deep threat" then why is everyone on God's green earth talking about him being the ultimate slot weapon.

Could it be that he's shiffty, and runs great routs, but has trouble creating vertical seperation......(hence the slot reputation)

Just as someone else mentioned earlier, in 2008 80something of the 91 catches were for 1-20 yards...

Comment

• Originally posted by jojo187 View Post
                      Royal will probably catch 74 balls for 657 yards next season. He will make a comment in an interview about how Denver should attack down the field more and McD will trade him to Jacksonville for a 4th round pick and a kick to the balls.

LOL!!!

McCoach has all next season to figure out a way to make Royal (the last of Shanahan's playmakers) out to be a 'me first', prima donna, troublemaking, cancer to the TEAM!
                      Last edited by Mel B.; 04-21-2010, 08:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
                        LOL!!!

McCoach has all next season to figure out a way to make Royal (the last of Shanahan's playmakers) out to be a 'me first', prima donna, troublemaking, cancer to the TEAM!
                        I believe this is sarcasm but just in case... Eddie will fail to give coach a reason.
                        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

If royal was such a "deep threat" then why is everyone on God's green earth talking about him being the ultimate slot weapon.
                          Because he can't be a deep threat with Orton throwing him the ball.
                          So you might as well make him the slot and hope he can Welker it.

Comment

• Why would Royal be traded?

Is it because some of you think that McDaniels is just out to get rid of every player that was on the team before he took over?

Are some of you really that shallow?

McDaniels has already indicated that he intends to find ways to get Royal more involved in the offense. Whether he succeeds in doing that is a different story.

It could be that there just isn't a way for Royal to fit. I think it's far more likely that there is some kind of fit for Royal but if it doesn't work then it doesn't work.

I don't know if it's just a matter of Royal improving as a player or moving him to the slot, but he clearly has talent and can help a team win games. I don't think McDaniels is just waiting for an opportunity to dump Royal. I think it's far more likely that Royal will be given every opportunity to find a place in the offense.
                            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                            You Mad Bro?
                            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                              Why would Royal be traded?

Is it because some of you think that McDaniels is just out to get rid of every player that was on the team before he took over?

Are some of you really that shallow?

McDaniels has already indicated that he intends to find ways to get Royal more involved in the offense. Whether he succeeds in doing that is a different story.

It could be that there just isn't a way for Royal to fit. I think it's far more likely that there is some kind of fit for Royal but if it doesn't work then it doesn't work.

I don't know if it's just a matter of Royal improving as a player or moving him to the slot, but he clearly has talent and can help a team win games. I don't think McDaniels is just waiting for an opportunity to dump Royal. I think it's far more likely that Royal will be given every opportunity to find a place in the offense.
                              Eddie himself has spoke out about how excited he is to be a Bronco, will work very hard to stay a Bronco and I hope it works out for many years to come.

He also went as far as saying that he and Kyle have discussed everything and they are going to work very hard together.

With coaches support with this matter, Eddie isn't going anywhere.

Good post broncolee. I'm out of CP for the day.
                              :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X