• Show
Clear All

• Broncos looking to trade for 1st overall pick

http://
    www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2010Draftnews.html

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2...ews.html<br />
    Interesting...

Smokescreen?

Or does McD really covet Bradford/Suh/McCoy?
    Last edited by Papa-pwn; 04-20-2010, 07:38 AM.

I think it's a smoke screen

I also think it's a VERY loose interpretation of his interview with lombardi.

He also in the same breath where these assumptions are coming from, said something to the effect:

...we're in a great position with two second rounders to move around, possibly up. I mean it's going to be interesting to see what happens, with a morning, and and afternoon before the second round to evaluate who's avalable, and where we can move. There will be lots of oportunity for us......

So yes moving up is an option, but the way he said it, nothing indicates using both second to move to a first if he plans on having those two picks to move around on day two (after round one is over).

:2cents:

Comment

Originally posted by owninit View Post
      I think it's a smoke screen

I also think it's a VERY loose interpretation of his interview with lombardi.

He also in the same breath where these assumptions are coming from, said something to the effect:

...we're in a great position with two second rounders to move around, possibly up. I mean it's going to be interesting to see what happens, with a morning, and and afternoon before the second round to evaluate who's avalable, and where we can move. There will be lots of oportunity for us......

So yes moving up is an option, but the way he said it, nothing indicates using both second to move to a first if he plans on having those two picks to move around on day two (after round one is over).

:2cents:
      In that same discussion McDaniels said that moving down is more likely than moving up.
      sigpic
      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
        In that same discussion McDaniels said that moving down is more likely than moving up.

This, is what I am hoping for.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post

that was the impression i got. With the way he keeps emphasizing "there's way more than 32 top tallents, they can't all go in the first round" I would be SUPER suprised for any mention of trade up, for anything other than the media. He still owe's them a boat load of drama in payback.

Unless denver trades there 11 for a late first and a later round pick, then takes that later round pick received in that trade, bundled with one of the seconds, to get a super late round one.

effectively giving the bronc's two late #1's, and still a second.

Comment

There is no way that we trade all those picks just to move up and get a 34 DE.

If we are moving up it will be for Bradford.
            sigpic

Comment

Or we could just trade back into the first round... Trading up doesn't mean we trade for the #1 overall.. Just a garbage analysis of the interview.
              sigpic

Comment

If we trade up and pay any oje of these players the type of money they will want as the #1 overall pick and we refused to pay Brandon Marshall I will be totally pissed!

Comment

Even though the oline needs serious help, trading up for Suh would make my day. Not so hot on McCoy or Bradford. Unfortunately, we'd need #1 overall to grab him, and the Rams are hot on the guy.

Comment

The rams have a supposedly extremely low asking price for the 1st overall pick.

#11 and #43 for #1?

I'd do it for suh/mccoy

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                      If we trade up and pay any oje of these players the type of money they will want as the #1 overall pick and we refused to pay Brandon Marshall I will be totally pissed!
                      Marshall left for reasons other than money.

He quit on the team according to McDaniels, and some of the other Broncos last year.

Comment

Were targetting suh? awesome
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Artamentous View Post
                          Marshall left for reasons other than money.

He quit on the team according to McDaniels, and some of the other Broncos last year.
                          no, he left mostly for money. he quit on the team because he was being a diva about money/contract

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Spanky View Post
                            Even though the oline needs serious help, trading up for Suh would make my day. Not so hot on McCoy or Bradford. Unfortunately, we'd need #1 overall to grab him, and the Rams are hot on the guy.
                            Mcoy will be there in the second. Bradford and Clausen will be off the board but I honestly feel that McCoy will be there in the second for Denver to take with one of the two picks if they want him. I don't see them taking a QB this draft though.
                            Rebuilding sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by lolcopter View Post
                              no, he left mostly for money. he quit on the team because he was being a diva about money/contract
                              He left because he didnt want to play a) in Denver in anymore, an/or b) for Josh McDaniels. Money wasnt the issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X